Rented room will be locked by landlord

d4dang

8 minutes ago, itsari said:

I have rental property and I know there are landlords who do not follow the law as in any country but as I am a foreigner living in Thailand I like to keep on the right side of the law and treat people with respect.

Your merit badge has been mailed to you 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
11 hours ago, d4dang said:

actually it is my next door neighbor....looks like he has to leave...legal or not

So why the emphasis on the first person in your OP ("I")

Agree. 

I suggested earlier that he should have said.........asking for a friend! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itsari said:

The landlord has to apply for an eviction notice from a judge after giving the 7 days notice to the tenant .

The procedure can take many months .

"The landlord has to apply for an eviction notice from a judge".

No , he does not.  He has to give written notice to the tenant that he has a period of 7 days to leave the premises before launching an eviction procedure before the judge if he does not leave.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No , he does not.  He has to give written notice to the tenant that he has a period of 7 days to leave the premises before launching an eviction procedure before the judge if he does not leave.

If the tenant does not leave after 7 days then a judge has to be the one to decide on eviction and not the landlord as most are saying here.

So i am correct what I say.

Over and out

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, itsari said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

If the tenant does not leave after 7 days then a judge has to be the one to decide on eviction and not the landlord as most are saying here.

So i am correct what I say.

No, you are not correct, you stated that an eviction notice from a judge has to be presented giving seven days to leave.  The owner can give that written seven-days notice without the involvement of a judge.  If the tenant does not vacate the premises in the seven day period, then an eviction notice signed by a judge should be obtained.

EDIT:  Apologies, I misread your first comment, you are correct.  Seven days notice to leave, after that a judge's eviction order...officially.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

The landlord has to apply for an eviction notice from a judge after giving the 7 days notice to the tenant .

The procedure can take many months .

Is that in Thaiand or what country?

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, he is correct.

"Section 560. In case of non-payment of rent, the letter may terminate the contract. But, if the rent is payable at monthly or longer intervals, the letter must first notify the hirer that payment is required within a period not less than fifteen days."

The landlord sends a letter to the tenant requesting payment within 15 days. If the tenant doesn't pay within this time frame the landlord terminates the contract.

With the contract now being void the tenant has no right to be in the landlord's property, so if the tenant doesn't leave the landlord calls the police to have the tenant removed.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:
24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, he is correct.

"Section 560. In case of non-payment of rent, the letter may terminate the contract. But, if the rent is payable at monthly or longer intervals, the letter must first notify the hirer that payment is required within a period not less than fifteen days."

We were not discussing the period in which rent should be paid, that you referred to, we were discussing the seven-day notice to leave requirement.

13 hours ago, stoner said:

did you say pretty please when you promised ? pinky swear too ? 

unless you have a pretty valid reason.... then you're a deadbeat tenant. as said above this isn't toronto. i would kick you out too if there wasn't a valid reason for your late payment. 

don't pay your mortgage for 2 months see if the bank will let you promise them. 

2 hours ago, BangkokAlan said:

What is in your contract? legally you can be up to 5 days late and then they can fine you on most standard contracts but most if not, all have a llow 5 days in my contracts as bad tenants will take liberticlause added that says landlord can take back property after a default beyond 5 days I only aes and then it says I can enter the property without their approval and take back the unit.

You are two months late if you only paid one month's deposit then the landlord has already lost 1 month's money plus the utilities if you leave and if you have paid one month you are up to date, but he has no guarantee in case you leave.

The onus is on you to pay the rent. You have a good landlord who let you go 2 months late. 

On the contrary Mr   Celsius 

Where is your proof.

You claim that there is a law.

Post the link and quote the law here on this thread.

If you cannot then there is no law, only your word for it.

So far in this thread you have proved nothing.

1 hour ago, itsari said:

I have rental property and I know there are landlords who do not follow the law as in any country but as I am a foreigner living in Thailand I like to keep on the right side of the law and treat people with respect.

NOT paying the rent is NOT respectful at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Where is your proof.

You claim that there is a law.

Post the link and quote the law here on this thread.

If you cannot then there is no law, only your word for it.

So far in this thread you have proved nothing.

NOT paying the rent is NOT respectful at all.

If you are a landlord you have to know that tenants often do not pay the rent as the contract requires .

So many tenant's are disrespectful as you say . However there are tenants that pay the rent on time but cause much damage and that is costing much more money than a month or two of rent not being paid .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, n00dle said:

of course it is. its unlikely you would be such a lowlife.

I own a condo in BKK and a shack in Canada. My shack in Toronto would be $2.5 million but it is in Huntsville. 

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, itsari said:

If you are a landlord you have to know that tenants often do not pay the rent as the contract requires .

So many tenant's are disrespectful as you say . However there are tenants that pay the rent on time but cause much damage and that is costing much more money than a month or two of rent not being paid .

And you as an owner accept that. More fool you.

If you cannot pay the rent on the agreed date then I would not want you as a tenant.

If I were an owner I am in the rental business to make a profit and I would much rather have a tenant who pays on time.

If they don't pay, I lose money as I have to pay with no income from them.

When I rented the rent was always paid first, anything else came later.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And you as an owner accept that. More fool you.

If you cannot pay the rent on the agreed date then I would not want you as a tenant.

If I were an owner I am in the rental business to make a profit and I would much rather have a tenant who pays on time.

If they don't pay, I lose money as I have to pay with no income from them.

When I rented the rent was always paid first, anything else came later.

Posted in error.  :sorry:

Edited by billd766