Looking for a goat to keep my grass and weeds down

Tony Otto

does anybody know where I can buy a goat to keep my grass and weeds down?

I’m not sure what type of golf would be the best for that so if somebody can shed some light, that would be awesome as well

I live near Sukhothai.

Thanks for any help,

Cheers

I would ask a neighbor (farmer) who has cows to the cut the grass to feed his cows. He will be more then happy especially during rice planting season as then the cows are stuck inside

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Goats are "foragers". They prefer leaves, not grass. Sheep are "grazers" not liking leaves much. Conclusion: You need Goats as well as Sheep. How many? Depends on the size of your property.

On 5/30/2023 at 5:03 PM, Tony Otto said:

I’m not sure what type of golf would be the best for that so if somebody can shed some light, that would be awesome as well

I live near Sukhothai.

Thanks for any help,

Cheers

Marry a vegan

• Haha 1

They also make great pets I have heard. But as said by other they eat everything, We have a one rai play farm me and the wife play farmer in . and we thought about getting a couple also , but then we also thought that they also eat all our vegetables and flowers. 

We saw some for sale at the Khon Kaen flower festival , in the pet section and the kid goats were so cute, Below is a FB page where they have them for sale

https://www.facebook.com/ThailandGoats 

This place is far south but perhaps the ship, good excuse for a road trip, or they can recommend someone closer to you

Edited by sirineou

2 minutes ago, swissie said:

Any vegetable that has some sort of leaves is condemmned to death if a goat is nearby.

They eat anything, One time , we were at a petting zoo with my daughter .I had turned around with my back to the pen   and felt something on my back. The Goat had picked my back pocket and was eating dsme papers I had there. ????

10 minutes ago, sirineou said:

They eat anything, One time , we were at a petting zoo with my daughter .I had turned around with my back to the pen   and felt something on my back. The Goat had picked my back pocket and was eating dsme papers I had there. ????

On the verge of starvation, actually goats will eat everything. (Including paper, prefferably old tax records). Having the choice they still prefer leaves.

To keep grass down you need sheep...not goats. 

Goats are browsers not grazers. 

With sheep you will need to have someone trim off their wool at regular intervals.

I would not get geese....they are very noisy and also leave feathers and sloppy stinking poop everywhere.

8 hours ago, swissie said:

On the verge of starvation, actually goats will eat everything. (Including paper, prefferably old tax records). Having the choice they still prefer leaves.

Not a goat expert, but the one I mentioned, I think was pretty well fed,As I said it was a petting zoo. You know the ones where you buy pellet food from a coin operated dispenser and feed them , and everyone was feeding them . If I had known that when I was a kid I would have claimed that the goat ate my homework ????

On 5/30/2023 at 4:03 PM, Tony Otto said:

I live near Sukhothai.

Thanks for any help,

Cheers

do goats play GOLF ?????