Challenges facing Thai Women looking for a Western partner.

4 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Personally I think I've sussed your "technique"..  bang 'em until they want something in return (not just your handsomely toned bod) then onto the next lonely woman.

Probably not far off the mark.

But when they accept there will be no long term committment they quite often just accept the good casual sex. Sometimes straight away, sometimes up to a year or two later. They start to hang out for a good seeing to. They know I will oblige.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Personly, I believe the difference in Asia  is that sex is a different subject to love. Most treat sex as an enjoyable or business situration. Love is a different area of emotions. So Thai's can easily take sex as a climax to an evening out, but, love is an life long envovlement. unlike in UK where the 2 are combined and easily lead to break ups. It works for me!

• Thumbs Up 1

How do these women know they want western guys when they don't even know how to meet them?

Like: Oh, I saw these nice guys in some Hollywood movies. That's what I want.

Until reality hits them. Western guys are different from Thai guys, often in many more ways than the women want or like.

And obviously there is no such thing as the typical western guy. We are all different.

Good luck, ladies. You need it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

One way to never have the money problem in Thai-Foreigner relationships.
Easy. Only pair up with someone who makes more then you do. ????

That doesn't mean that the rich girl doesn't want to be invited.

Probably she also likes rich girl presents.

But then, I never had a rich girl and never wanted one. 

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Who is being taken advantage of more in these relationships is an interesting question.

The needy loser who cant get a girlfriend in real life and who is spending his money lying to himself and convincing himself he has found true love? 

Hard to get any gf when you're over 60 ...... you should try it!

• Haha 2

lets be honest iv'e had a go on all sites Tinder, TLL, Thai flirt, etc and within a few short hours comes the old "How much you give me "  As for marrying a bar girl think of all the short-time customers they have had in a week let alone a month. I look at bar girls like a loaf of Bread on a shelf its there to be bought and used.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Goat said:

It obviously has not occured to you, but most women actually enjoy sex. They dont need a financial reward. The orgasm is what they are after.

No one like to be taken advantage of or being used. However everything is possible even with a middle aged man or older and a very young lady. 

You pick your own reality ????

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Hard to get any gf when you're over 60 ...... you should try it!

The father of my gf is over 60. He has what he would probably call a girlfriend.

I am not so sure how many guys in this forum would want to have such a girlfriend...

• Haha 1

Just because a Thai woman is not a bargirl doesn’t mean anything. 
During my three years staying in Bangkok.  I met women who were not bargirls.  They had anywhere from average to good jobs. 
The majority of them still tried to treat me like a walking bank. 

Edited by swm59nj
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd like to know why Dan married a Russian and looks down on guys that married Thai sex workers? 

Shes got to have a dodgy past, probably worse than any Thai bar girl. 

Not neccessarily, many russians do but most dont, similar to Thai women.

I met Dan a couple of times in Pattaya darkside bars back when he was selling advertising for the infamous Niels Colov. Google that name.

This was obviously before he met his wife and he was a typical newbie to Thailand enjoying himself in the bars but with plenty of opinions which he still likes sharing with everyone on Facebook/Tiktok etc etc.

While a lot of people thought he was a bit of a tool {which was typical for newbies} he didnt seem the type silly enough to marry a 'woman of the night.' Or woman of the day as they are often in the Darkside of Pattaya. 

That was the days before he got into that stupid botox and all those fillers. I am waiting to see him post on this subject.

I think you comment is typical of people who do marry bargirls. They say they dont have a problem with it but are overly defensive and like to pretend that normal girls are the same as prostitutes.

9 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

They had anywhere from average to good jobs. 
The majority of them still tried to treat me like a walking bank. 

I try to get in first and ask them if they can lend me some money.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

lets be honest iv'e had a go on all sites Tinder, TLL, Thai flirt, etc and within a few short hours comes the old "How much you give me "  As for marrying a bar girl think of all the short-time customers they have had in a week let alone a month. I look at bar girls like a loaf of Bread on a shelf its there to be bought and used.

The good thing about those sites is you can give a clear description of what you want.

I put no tattoos, no smokers, no SOCKS, nothing overweight, nothing over 40, no prostitutes etc

It isnt full proof but it helps. And write it in Thai so they cant say they didnt understand.

I still occassionally get tattooed ladyboy hookers contacting me, but you just learn to sort through the chaff.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Who or what is the "Darkside of Pattaya"?

Is It a specific place/bar or what?

East of Sukhumvit Road Pattaya. You find a lot of cheap expat housing there and many mostly often daytime bars there. Drinkers are more the hardcore sexpats versus the East side which is more tourist orientated and more hardened hookers with somewhat faded beauty who offer their services cheaper for the experienced punters who dont want to pay tourist prices. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Hummin said:

No one like to be taken advantage of or being used.

But these blokes put themselves up for it by marrying prostitutes. They are sitting ducks for the slyer bargirls.

Then they complain. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Expat68 said:

Just because the ladies work in bars does not mean they are bad people,

Most people would disagree with you.

1 hour ago, Expat68 said:

they would admit themselves they are only doing it to support their families.

or their shopping habits, their drug habits, the gambling habits etc

Best avoided.

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How do these women know they want western guys when they don't even know how to meet them?

Like: Oh, I saw these nice guys in some Hollywood movies. That's what I want.

They talk to each other, see their friends with me etc.

You have told us before that the girl you are in a long term relationship was 16 when you met her in a bar. 

So to answer Dan's question, why did you choose her over the 600,000 other available women in Bangkok who are gainfully employed?

When you have a girlfriend with a job they keep working. If you are in a relationship with a prostitute you either end up paying for her to do nothing or do you let her keep working? i think that is the most obvious disadvantage of committing to a prostitute right?

• Like 1