Hooters Pattaya ///Closed

redwood1

The guy who had the idea of a Hooter in <deleted> town Pattaya is an absolute idiot. Who would do something like that? You got like the finest woes in the country at every corner, ready to blow you for 500THB, and you start a business thinking that you will defraud people selling them overpriced junk food because your staff is cute !? What kind of arrogance is that !?

27 minutes ago, Bunny Silverhand said:

The guy who had the idea of a Hooter in <deleted> town Pattaya is an absolute idiot. Who would do something like that? You got like the finest woes in the country at every corner, ready to blow you for 500THB, and you start a business thinking that you will defraud people selling them overpriced junk food because your staff is cute !? What kind of arrogance is that !?

They succeeded in that, most likely because many naïve Americans around, until covid started and tourism dried up

15 hours ago, Bunny Silverhand said:

The guy who had the idea of a Hooter in <deleted> town Pattaya is an absolute idiot.

It did last nearly 7 years... perhaps they saw potential change in Pattaya back then. The changes will come but very slowly. 

Edited by jacko45k

People that are concerned with service charges and looking for the cheapest beer and burger in town were not really part of their target demographic. 

People with a little disposable income the wanted a picture with a Thail "Hooters Girl" and perhaps a tee-shirt were. Those people went away with covid.

4 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

And their Landlord raised the rent.

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

And wanted more tea money as well. Everyone knows Thail landlords are all fools. 

Seems some posters here have inside knowledge, or are they making wild guesses?

6 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

The landlord may very well have raised the rent....But Hooters had been on a downword slope for some time already.......

Hooters the company just could not stomach sinking more money into that location..

Yes, they all raised the rent and forced everyone out of business. The coved shutdown had nothing to do with it and was just a coincidence. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 10:14 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Last time I looked, the Hooters in Bangkok right across from Nana Plaza was still busy.

And I remember from some time ago that they had more stunning girls in that place than in most of the gogo bars across the road.

So it seems the concept is not the problem.

The 'concept' of Hooters isn't just the appearance of the girls.

I've been to MANY hooters in the US and the girls there like to have a laugh and flirt with the customers a bit. Thats always been missing in Hooters here, probably because of the language barrier.

Its an experience in the US, an escape from political correctness, a bit of harmless fun. It never had that vibe here.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

The 'concept' of Hooters isn't just the appearance of the girls.

I've been to MANY hooters in the US and the girls there like to have a laugh and flirt with the customers a bit. Thats always been missing in Hooters here, probably because of the language barrier.

Its an experience in the US, an escape from political correctness, a bit of harmless fun. It never had that vibe here.

As we all know Thailand is not the USA. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hooters here have more rules what the girls and customers are allowed to do with each other are stricter in most other Thai restaurants and bars. All that corporate compliance and all that.

And in Thailand not many people have to escape from political correctness. 

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As we all know Thailand is not the USA. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hooters here have more rules what the girls and customers are allowed to do with each other are stricter in most other Thai restaurants and bars. All that corporate compliance and all that.

And in Thailand not many people have to escape from political correctness. 

Sure - my point is that there is a reason for Hooters to exist in the US and it does the "flirt with the customer" thing waaaaaaaaaaay better than they did it in Pattaya. Language barrier I guess. But without the harmless fun you get in the US - the place simply can't live up to the US Hooters experience. 

Without that - it's just a bar with a bit of eye candy in a town rife with eye candy.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two Hooters in Bangkok are still open.  One on Soi 15, the other on Soi 4. I don’t see a problem with them.  People who want to go will go, others won’t.  Anyway, I used to stop into the one on Beach Road once in a while, just for a beer or two and to watch the world go by.

In the US, they’re all over the place, along with other restaurants using a similar business model. Twin Peaks, for example. Same idea, but with better food.

A couple of lunches from Twin Peaks.  Not “healthy,” but pretty good with a couple of draft beers.

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Confused 1