Hooters Pattaya ///Closed

redwood1

On 6/2/2023 at 9:50 AM, JoseThailand said:

Here's my two cents: The concept of Hooters in Thailand is not viable, especially in Pattaya, especially on Beach Road. There is no lack of available "hooters" already, so there is no need to pay for overpriced beer just to look at pretty girls in short shorts.

I did not think many, if any, were pretty anyway.  And as for hooters......clearly the staff did not need to have the appearance of a hooters girl that we are used to in the western world.

On 6/2/2023 at 11:22 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Good riddance......

It's actually quite sad. 

It was always a great venue to take family and friends when visiting. 

From your comment I bet your enjoying your miserable stay in Thailand. 

FB_IMG_1685787105893.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

But have you been to Hooters in Riyadh?

Waste of time drinking Cats P1SS, Budweiser zero alcohol. ????

Worked on rotation in Saudi for a couple of years, they served that disgusting drink at the airport lounge, what a joke. 

Weirdest experience, an airport lounge without alcohol. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Trouble being not many Thai girls have a decent pair of natural HOOTERS

I don't expect they have to be natural to get a job at the wings restaurant, simply substantial. And there is no shortage of plastic endowments in Thailand now. 

22 minutes ago, quake said:

Same as fake plastic Irish pubs. they need to go as well.

Ps Also the tosspots that go in them. :giggle:

The reality is, what is being got rid of is beerbars. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I do think the land is being sold off  under the beer bars

much more revenue to earn if you build hotels. small malls, ect.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

No different from when the Brits invaded the Costas and tried to make it like little Britain with all the fake pubs and nearly ruined the place.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

No different from when the Brits invaded the Costas and tried to make it like little Britain with all the fake pubs and nearly ruined the place.

It did ruin the place.

Just cant get away from the Mick and Brenda's  from Manchester. :giggle:

Edited by quake

26 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Extremely different.... Brits are not the majority of visitors to Pattaya now, and the land being appropriated, displacing beer bars has little to do with them too.. more about Pattaya's expansion to cater to oriental markets. Brit style pubs are on the wane too...  see soi 7. 

52 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Extremely different.... Brits are not the majority of visitors to Pattaya now, and the land being appropriated, displacing beer bars has little to do with them too.. more about Pattaya's expansion to cater to oriental markets. Brit style pubs are on the wane too...  see soi 7. 

The bars in Pattaya were created for the by the Brits/Europeans, the U.K. probably were the only country where life revolved round pubs but the pub culture is now waning with pubs closing on average 6 every week in the U.K.

Having lived in Pattaya over 10 years i have seen a decline in tourists, expats living here and many businesses fail it amazes me that people are still investing in a bar in fact more than 1 bar.
You said the bars are on the wane, see Soi 7, the same fella is developing 5 bars in Soi 7 side by side with a capacity of 400 customers, his estimate not mine, the only difference in them is the colour scheme/lighting and names. I would like to see his business plan. The upstairs room are being used as accommodation for the staff so he is not making money from them, maybe I am missing a business opportunity ?

Edited by Jumbo1968
Mistake

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Getting rid of Hooters is one of the best things to happen to Pattaya in years

Indeed. I'm sure whatever shopping mall or hotel complex takes it's place will be a great improvement... ????

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The bars in Pattaya were created for the by the Brits/Europeans, the U.K. probably were the only country where life revolved round pubs but the pub culture is now waning with pubs closing on average 6 every week in the U.K.

Having lived in Pattaya over 10 years i have seen a decline in tourists, expats living here and many businesses fail it amazes me that people are still investing in a bar in fact more than 1 bar.
You said the bars are on the wane, see Soi 7, the same fella is developing 5 bars in Soi 7 side by side with a capacity of 400 customers, his estimate not mine, the only difference in them is the colour scheme/lighting and names. I would like to see his business plan. The upstairs room are being used as accommodation for the staff so he is not making money from them, maybe I am missing a business opportunity ?

whenever i go past his 2 soi 7 bars they are empty except for fuglies. I don't think anyone in Pattaya has ever done a business plan

2 hours ago, quake said:

They were created for the Americans first. ( GI-Joe )

When I first started coming to Thailand/Pattaya,  seemed to be mostly Germans everywhere. The only point I was making is that the Brits cannot be blamed for what we currently see.....their impact is history... despite what  a few Johnny come latelies tend to think.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

whenever i go past his 2 soi 7 bars they are empty except for fuglies. I don't think anyone in Pattaya has ever done a business plan

3 bars and currently converting Rosie OGradies into 2 more bars, 5 in total, he has also bought the Guest house across the road. I think he is relying to catch up with the Nightwish Group.

I can’t fault the fella for enterprise same as Trevor Buzzin both always talking Pattaya up, they do a better job than the TAT.

Both make money from YouTube Buzzin has 77000 subscribers and NDTVI has 34000 subscribers, I bet they both wish a small percentage of them would come to Pattaya.

26 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

3 bars and currently converting Rosie OGradies into 2 more bars, 5 in total, he has also bought the Guest house across the road. I think he is relying to catch up with the Nightwish Group.

I can’t fault the fella for enterprise same as Trevor Buzzin both always talking Pattaya up, they do a better job than the TAT.

Both make money from YouTube Buzzin has 77000 subscribers and NDTVI has 34000 subscribers, I bet they both wish a small percentage of them would come to Pattaya.

certainly YouTube is helping, Le Pub gets loads of business on the back of his videos

1 minute ago, TaaSaparot said:

Rent increase forced them out, now looking for a new location in Pattaya.

If that's true and they didn't have a new location ready to go before closing Beach Road... someone needs firing.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Well I bet they could find a lovely new home way way way out on the dark side some where hopefully...

On 6/2/2023 at 3:25 AM, proton said:

Found this interesting a while back, never been tempted to go in one and always found the outfits very unattractive 

On the contrary, I always found the outfits quite attractive.

Every so often I stop in the Hooters on Soi 4 in BKK, and I decided that if I ever become a deity, my paradise is going to have women in those orange hot pants. They seem to bring out the absolute best in a woman's asstributes.

The staff turnover in Hooters Soi 4 is massive, but they always seem to find women who do those hot pants proud.

I dated a woman for a while who won a Ms Hooter's Thailand Bikini Contest. Lovely assets.

On 6/4/2023 at 9:43 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

Maybe you're not into money laundering.

On 6/4/2023 at 1:22 PM, Woof999 said:
On 6/4/2023 at 1:18 PM, TaaSaparot said:

If that's true and they didn't have a new location ready to go before closing Beach Road... someone needs firing.

We've already covered that, no? The hole-in-the-wall formerly known as Warehouse on Buakhao.