Hooters Pattaya ///Closed

redwood1

14 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I liked Hooters so will go to Nana next week to get a Hooters fix ????

Wasn't expensive if you timed it well for wings and slider specials, as well as half priced draft

Edit: I must admit I didn't like the 7% Gov tax and 10% service charge added after the price on the menu

???? I could'nt care whether they are open or closed because they would never get any of my business, sharp practice imo.

• Sad 1

On 10/8/2023 at 8:23 AM, redwood1 said:

Speaking of value at Hooters lets see here

1 Hamburger 500 baht

1 Beer              200 baht

Tax and service charge almost 20%  140 baht

total                 840 baht

Plus girl tip  20-40-60? baht

So your basic meal cost around 900 baht 

order 2 beers and your up to 1,100  baht

It would be cheaper to eat at the Hilton....lol

Please show where their hamburgers cost 500b.  The last time I was there most burgers were about 400b. If you're going to cherry pick the most expensive items, don't try to make it sound like it's the norm. 

Edited by bbko

5 minutes ago, bbko said:

Please show where their hamburgers cost 500b.  The last time I was there most burgers were about 400b. If you're going to cherry pick the most expensive items, don't try to make it sound like it's the norm. 

400++=??

14 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If you think that’s expensive the Robin Hood advertising £90 a head for Christmas Day not including drinks, under 12s half price, need to eat a lot to get £90s worth of food down your neck. It’s not as if they have additional staff costs like they do in the U.K.

Why are they advertising their prices in pounds sterling?

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, bbko said:

Hey I could have added a few coctails which are VERY expensive there..

The main point being its very easy to run up a big bill at Hooters ...Fast...

Edited by redwood1

11 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Their not.

image.png.c4a824c91748571b0f68019dec6af0c3.png

4000 baht?.........Does this include one ST?  as part of the meal...

I went to the Queen Vic for Christmas dinner I think it was around 600 baht...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was at Nana 4 Hooters a few months ago.   As usual unimpressive(still looking for actual “hooters”).  Service was bad, food mediocre and had a choice of Chang on draft.  I do recall once many years ago when a Filipina was actually working at this location and the service was good. The Filipina actually knew what customer service was and she actually had “hooters”.  

22 hours ago, Deserted said:

I never understood why they put one in Pattaya. Bangkok, I kinda get it...kinda but not Pattaya. Far too many similar and cheaper options everywhere.

It lasted a lot longer than I expected actually. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

3 or 4 years I think. I remember I went in there once to drink cider and it was about 300 baht a pint, there was loud music being played and it was not very good, no real atmosphere or anything. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I think all the endless Beach Road work and Covid are the main things that killed Hooters....They were shunned by Expats from day #1......But when they started losing tourist in large numbers...That was game over....

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/9/2023 at 8:20 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

???? I could'nt care whether they are open or closed because they would never get any of my business, sharp practice imo.

Most 'fancy' restaurants quote the price before service charge and VAT. 

You have to add on 17.7% with a calculator or just get a shock when the bill comes. Or do it in your head if you're a savant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Has the same number of characters as Bangkok. Why not simply type the correct name????

It's what Aussies do, we have our own lingo, you got to be Oz to understand. 

It's the free and easy life style us Aussies have. Growing up with great weather, we enjoy life more than most, our school sports are outdoors and fun, going to the beach every weekend to check out the chicks in their bikini's, it's the package. Aussies, luckiest people on the planet. 

It's probably why I don't understand the bitterness and negativity from some members, some seem angry and cranky with their comments. I'm always questioning their whinging and whining. 

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSLc5rnR5/

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

On 10/9/2023 at 8:55 AM, redwood1 said:

4000 baht?.........Does this include one ST?  as part of the meal...

I went to the Queen Vic for Christmas dinner I think it was around 600 baht...

Not with that menu it wasn't.  Part of the pricing is to keep the riff raff and balloon chasers out. 

One night, back in 2007 I was at a beer bar where the future Hooters was to be located. A woman in the bar got a marriage visa to England and the bar put on the typical pig roast.  A balloon chaser arrived late and missed out on the pork. Unfazed, he picked up the stainless steel plate the pork had been served on and proceeded to lick the fat off of it.  The image of his porcine features glimmering with pig fat in the red glow of a neon sign are forever burned into my psyche.  He's the guy that Robin Hood keeps away from the civilized people who want to enjoy a quality Christmas dinner in peace. 

I ate at the Queen Vic- once. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Deserted said:

3 or 4 years I think. I remember I went in there once to drink cider and it was about 300 baht a pint, there was loud music being played and it was not very good, no real atmosphere or anything. 

I enjoyed ogling the girls, who  were all pretty attractive and appealing, but the wings were rather scrawny, far lacking from USA standards. 

15 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Most 'fancy' restaurants quote the price before service charge and VAT. 

You have to add on 17.7% with a calculator or just get a shock when the bill comes. Or do it in your head if you're a savant.

I would never be a customer of ANY establishment that imposes a service charge, its my decision as to whether or not i leave a tip not their's, cheeky b*******

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I would never be a customer of ANY establishment that imposes a service charge, its my decision as to whether or not i leave a tip not their's, cheeky b*******

This thread is about Hooters, not you and your neuroses. If you never went there then there's little point in joining the discussion.

Edited by Lemsta69

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I enjoyed ogling the girls, who  were all pretty attractive and appealing, but the wings were rather scrawny, far lacking from USA standards. 

The USA wings are from Buffalo's arent they ?... Thai ones from chickens.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:20 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

6 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

This thread is about Hooters, not you and your neuroses. If you never went there then there's little point in joining the discussion.

and what do you think i'm posted about idiot, try looking farther than the end of your nose..............