American transwoman marries Thai woman, fueling hopes for future of same sex marriage (video)

webfact

52 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

At least you are honest. 
Not a typical bigoted trope such as 

“Gay rights are fine I just don’t want it IN MY FACE”.

Yes I prefer out of the closet hatred to BS obfuscation.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

And by this <deleted>, the fraude, bluffing, and cheating the law will escalate, I mean if they would allow same sex stuff.... Keep this western bull<deleted> ot of Thailand please........

Escalate to what exactly, pray tell?

Same sex marriage ?

I don't think so, but it is confusing.

A man marries a woman, or a transman marries a woman or a transman marries a transwoman or....

I give up. Life is so complicated these days...

32 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Same sex marriage ?

I don't think so, but it is confusing.

A man marries a woman, or a transman marries a woman or a transman marries a transwoman or....

I give up. Life is so complicated these days...

It isn't.

A trans woman marries a cisgender woman.

Sorted it for you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, FarAway said:

phobic? Why should I be scared of Transgender people ahahahha

No, it is just my opinion, I personally find it disgusting.

What is the problem? A I forgot, 2023, not allowed to have a negative personal opinion on things anymore.

Do you need a safe space or something?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The word also means HATE.

You're allowed opinions.

You're allowed to hate.

I guess you wanted to write "You are not allowed to hate", huh?

And no, I do not necessarily hate them. I think they are lost souls and I wish all the best to them, that they may advance from their sexual illness. Being anything but non-heterosexual is abnormal and none of these individuals would even be alive if ANY of their 100s of ancestors would have been homosexual or trans or whatever.

They are going against the order and law of nature and again, I find it utterly disgusting to just look at them, not even wanna think about what they did to their body. 

These people need treatment, not support of their illness.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, FarAway said:

And no, I do not necessarily hate them. I think they are lost souls and I wish all the best to them, that they may advance from their sexual illness. Being anything but non-heterosexual is abnormal and none of these individuals would even be alive if ANY of their 100s of ancestors would have been homosexual or trans or whatever.

They are going against the order and law of nature and again, I find it utterly disgusting to just look at them, not even wanna think about what they did to their body. 

No, I'm saying you ARE allowed to hate.

And if that post above isn't a hate filled rant, I'm the Duchess of Poughkeepsie.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Right zealots always play acting the victim. 

People who categorize people into right or left always are very shallow-minded.

Can you even give me a definition of "being right" and why I immediately qualified for that pigeonholing of you?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FarAway said:

People who categorize people into right or left always are very shallow-minded.

Can you even give me a definition of "being right" and why I immediately qualified for that pigeonholing of you?

Extremist anti LGBT views are usually a strong indicator.

Sorry if I got it wrong but frankly I doubt it.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FarAway said:

You said being anything but non-heterosexual is abnormal. That means heterosexuals are abnormal. Tee hee.

If I were to turn my mind to gay sex, trans sex, old people sex, old and young people sex, ugly people sex, even in many cases beautiful people sex etc etc the thought is not appealing and may be sickening. Look at them and look in the mirror. So whether it is normal or part of nature's plan or whatever doesn't have to be to do with whether it appeals to you. The issue could be bigger than your feelings and be about the fact of the actuality of the diversity of people that shows itself through history. 

Is the aim of EVERYTHING reproduction? There are 1000's of things people can do that lessen the chances of future people being born and non heterosexual sex is one. 

Your apparent conclusion that all gays and trans people are necessarily mentally ill or act against nature, based on these types of ideas, seems a bit iffy and if you can present a more coherent argument it might be worth further discussion. 

Everything is much simple:

1. foreign man marries thai woman -> marriage visa 400K in the bank, tourist forever.

2. foreign woman marries thai man -> marriage visa -> residency, less headache.

So this story is about testing the loophole: 

What it foreign man will declare himself is "non-man" will he be able to enjoy exh.2? 

Pictures from Bangkok last weekend (Pride Parade) are giving hope that it might be possible.

4 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

In a nutshell, the olny reason the lgbtqwerty acronym keeps getting bigger is because WE as a society let it run amock

You still haven't explained why you're so worried about it or how it affects you in your day to day life. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

No, I'm saying you ARE allowed to hate.

And if that post above isn't a hate filled rant, I'm the Duchess of Poughkeepsie.

I take the Buddhist view that hate is internalised and damages the person doing the hating. If anyone projects hate that's their tragedy not mine.

On 6/7/2023 at 12:36 PM, bignok said:

Some people have both female and male parts. So there is 3.

I didn't want to complicate it, and technically you are correct,

but the number that qualify as what is now called intersex is .0018% of all population and is an extremely rare abnormalty to our species.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It isn't.

A trans woman marries a cisgender woman.

Sorted it for you.

And for those who need a picture to understand it: a trans person with a penis "marries" a cisgender person with a vagina.

From the OP, it is not clear whether the story is about a Buddhist blessing or a legal marriage under Thai law.

4 minutes ago, Puccini said:

And for those who need a picture to understand it: a trans person with a penis "marries" a cisgender person with a vagina.

From the OP, it is not clear whether the story is about a Buddhist blessing or a legal marriage under Thai law.

How do you know the American has a penis? Was that mentioned in the article? Have you seen a picture? Is it anyone's business if she does or not? 

You're correct they didn't mention the marriage details.

If the American's passport says male they could legally marry here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2023 at 8:33 AM, Jingthing said:

Escalate to what exactly, pray tell?

If you do not know then WTF???? There has been a lot of bluff and scams when it comes to falang and thai-girls "selling" marriages just for the falang to be able to stay here... By this genus-nonsens if allow it here, then we will have a huge number of bluffing fake-critters coming here, that should have better stayed in their home countries... That is my opinion...

Just now, glegolo18 said:

If you do not know then WTF???? There has been a lot of bluff and scams when it comes to falang and thai-girls "selling" marriages just for the falang to be able to stay here... By this genus-nonsens if allow it here, then we will have a huge number of bluffing fake-critters coming here, that should have better stayed in their home countries... That is my opinion...

So people you say are scamming that way already. Why demonize LGBT people then? In any case, immigration seems to work very hard to sniff out fake marriages, and people that get caught doing that deserve it.