American transwoman marries Thai woman, fueling hopes for future of same sex marriage (video)

webfact

5 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

A definition of woke in a negative context, for this situation, could be those who accept and strongly defend someone's description of their  identity as a man or woman, where the motive for doing so is to fit in or to a certain part of society, or to seem clever or cool, or to gain a benefit rather than by the use of reason and logic. 

The alternative might be to say

'It could be that this human with a penis or who previously had a penis, may meet a certain definition of gender if that definition is based on how they feel, and science may show there is a basis for this one day, on the other hand it is not unreasonable for others to dispute that gender is based simply on feelings and apparently in this case feelings for only a relatively short period in their life given the facts of their previous life. However, each person should be able to live how they like but where personal preferences clash with the needs and wants of the broader society e.g. toilets, sports, there should be a polite and reasoned discussion to come to a fair and sensible solution. '

"Woke people" those who seek to perpetuate myths, (normally on behalf of others)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Definition then. 3 minute attempt. Woke in a negative context can be holding and advocating an opinion not based on a logical appraisal of the objective facts but based primarily on how you wish to be perceived by others. 

Interesting.

I would call that a very non standard definition of woke but you're correct it's main function now is a hostile attack word.

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Woke is always negative.

not always... for example " last night i woke at 3am and visited the bathroom for a pi$$"   It would have been a lot more negative if I had not woke

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Woke is always negative.

Woke in a positive context for me is to wake up to the injustices faced by you or others and to take action and bring awareness to and speak up on the behalf of others.

Throughout history there have been injustices, of course, but to focus on say the era from the 50's to the 70's huge leaps and bounds were made in social justice by good and brave and woke people. One problem is the injustices in 2023 on things like black rights, women rights and gay rights are now much more subtle, and someone genuinely attempting to do the right thing for the right reasons can be seen as woke in a negative context. That's because fighting for these types of rights can seem redundant when many battles have already been won. 

27 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Woke is always negative.

A second reason woke gets a bad name is social media is so in our face now that we are constantly faced with reappraising whether we are good or bad or what we should think on many issues we never thought about. I have said before many so called woke types are, say, university students who are looking to do the right thing, and have a say, but they are young and sometimes get it right and sometimes get it wrong. Before they were in their own little world but now their views are magnified by social media and we are bombarded by these moral dilemmas that don't affect our actual lives and it can get tedious. 

50 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Woke in a positive context for me is to wake up to the injustices faced by you or others and to take action and bring awareness to and speak up on the behalf of others.

Throughout history there have been injustices, of course, but to focus on say the era from the 50's to the 70's huge leaps and bounds were made in social justice by good and brave and woke people. One problem is the injustices in 2023 on things like black rights, women rights and gay rights are now much more subtle, and someone genuinely attempting to do the right thing for the right reasons can be seen as woke in a negative context. That's because fighting for these types of rights can seem redundant when many battles have already been won. 

Seems to me there just isn't enough racism, phobias, and perceived injustice to go round anymore, consequently  all these diversity experts that the low end higher education system has spewed out over the last few years are really struggling to find things to be upset about. If social injustice does not exist it is becoming increasingly  necessary for them to invent it , not least in order to stay in their jobs

Eventually, hopefully, things will as usual go full circle, and straight white males will become a "protected species" Imagine that, it will be cool for people with a penis to once again identify as men

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Can you back that up with proof. I find that hard to believe.

It's like basically common sense.

It's a pride flag representing LGBTQ people.

If you burn it you are expressing hatred towards LGBTQ people.

Exceptions might include things like you own such a flag and wish to discard it and you burn it as garbage.

Do you really not get that, or as I suspect, are you just playing games?

Stolen, burned pride flags at Nebraska home spark hate crime investigation | Fox News

Gay Pride flag attacks mount amid online challenges by extremist groups (msn.com)

I'm assuming that you have never been the victim of a hate crime because of your sexual orientation. I have but even without that personal experience I would take hate crimes against minorities seriously.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

I don't feel persecuted at all , I don't identify as a victim,  I do however feel that my right to speak the plain science based truth regarding some matters is gradually being eroded slowly but surely! I also believe I and in fact everybody  has the right to offend people in the same way that they have the right to try to offend me if they so wish

As the saying goes what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger,and  a bit of offence never did anybody any harm, bit like a hard days work , which is something else a lot of todays "activists" have little or no interest in

The rise of these social justice warriors does seem to go hand in hand with the rise  and development of the benefit systems in todays welfare states. or is that just a coincidence?

Some people just don't have enough to worry about anymore, and others are only happy when they are whingeing ( normally on behalf of others) 

Edited by Pink Mist
Reply to removed post
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't feel persecuted at all , I don't identify as a victim,  I do however feel that my right to speak the plain science based truth regarding some matters is gradually being eroded slowly but surely! I also believe I and in fact everybody  has the right to offend people in the same way that they have the right to try to offend me if they so wish

As the saying goes what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger,and  a bit of offence never did anybody any harm, bit like a hard days work , which is something else a lot of todays "activists" have little or no interest in

The rise of these social justice warriors does seem to go hand in hand with the rise  and development of the benefit systems in todays welfare states. or is that just a coincidence?

Some people just don't have enough to worry about anymore, and others are only happy when they are whingeing ( normally on behalf of others) 

No.

You can say whatever you want.

But you will not always be free of consequences for your speech.

Just like everyone else.

Like if someone says ignorant bigoted stuff, others have the right to call that out, and if the speech was ignorant and bigoted enough, there may be real life consequences depending on their role in life.

Edited by Jingthing

On 6/7/2023 at 11:15 AM, AndyFoxy said:

So one bloke and one woman. So it isn't same sex marriage then. Got it.

Both are women … fact…. just because one wasn’t born female doesn’t mean surgeries and Hormones can’t change the person , this is common with those born with both organs. Take the time to educate yourself! Or not and remain in the dark ????????????????

Just now, Justme2012 said:

Both are women … fact…. just because one wasn’t born female doesn’t mean surgeries and Hormones can’t change the person , this is common with those born with both organs. Take the time to educate yourself! Or not and remain in the dark ????????????????

Well I doubt the American was born with both organs.

I don't know her transition level, but I don't believe transgender women are ever fully the same as born women.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging diversity.

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

"Her" transitional "level" is of absolutely no consequence, definition is by chromosomes it was born and will die a man

Born male, now she's a transgender woman. FACT.

Unless you're saying and it sounds like you are that transgender men and women don't exist.

That's ridiculous. Of course they exist. 

Just because you might be opposed to their existence, does not negate their existence.

Reminds me a school mate I had.

Boy was she funny.

She insisted that there were no people in the world who didn't speak English.

Nothing you could say to her changed her mind.

I'm sure she eventually learned.

But those that insist transgender people don't exist, I'm not so optimistic.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Well I doubt the American was born with both organs.

I don't know her transition level, but I don't believe transgender women are ever fully the same as born women.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging diversity.

You’re partially correct… we don’t know her physical status (based in this article) But the fact that both claim to be women shouldn’t be anyone else’s business.
  I happen to have read a lot about them both and her transition is complete as far as medical science allows in todays world. She wasn’t simply claiming to be a woman but her journey had been over 20 years 

it’s sad that some people feel threatened by the Transgender community… in the USA they represent less than 1/2 of 1 percent of the population! Incredible that such a minority had received top billing in the politics in the USA ! Wow such paranoia ????????????????????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Justme2012 said:

You’re partially correct… we don’t know her physical status (based in this article) But the fact that both claim to be women shouldn’t be anyone else’s business.
  I happen to have read a lot about them both and her transition is complete as far as medical science allows in todays world. She wasn’t simply claiming to be a woman but her journey had been over 20 years 

it’s sad that some people feel threatened by the Transgender community… in the USA they represent less than 1/2 of 1 percent of the population! Incredible that such a minority had received top billing in the politics in the USA ! Wow such paranoia ????????????????????

Yes trans people are the scapegoat of the day. It's really horrible for them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Justme2012 said:

I agree that it is no one's business and that they should live how they wish without harassment and good luck to them both. I also agree that American politics and the American media in particular, not so in Australia for example, give it an undue prominence.

However, discussion or debate can be for other reasons, than feeling threatened by them: it can be about understanding where they are coming from, discussing what it means to redefine something with an adjusted definition e.g. based on feelings rather than anatomy or similar, and it can be to deal with tricky situations like dealing with trans people in sport. I think your post is mainly correct but to end with five laughing faces is what people don't like - it suggests everything is simple and clear cut and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant or full of hate when that's not the case. 

Just now, Bday Prang said:

it is still a man,  that is the uncomfortable but undeniable scientific  fact that you cannot come to terms with. You are suffering a departure from reality, simple as that 

Bahahaha ignorance is bliss isn’t it ?

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So according to you woke is limited to gender and race subjects?

certainly seems to be the case although I'm sure other victims are only to ready to jump on board the bandwagon

6 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I agree that it is no one's business and that they should live how they wish without harassment and good luck to them both. I also agree that American politics and the American media in particular, not so in Australia for example, give it an undue prominence.

However, discussion or debate can be for other reasons, than feeling threatened by them: it can be about understanding where they are coming from, discussing what it means to redefine something with an adjusted definition e.g. based on feelings rather than anatomy or similar, and it can be to deal with tricky situations like dealing with trans people in sport. I think your post is mainly correct but to end with five laughing faces is what people don't like - it suggests everything is simple and clear cut and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant or full of hate when that's not the case. 

The attack on the Transgender community is completely unfounded , the side issues re;

1. sports … if the transgender female begins hormone treatment before puberty builds her body like a male then I see zero problem with them participating in sports.

and the main issue with transgender women participating is sports started with an American woman competing in swimming events even though she was beaten every time by cis gender women ????

2. Restroom issues… there has never been a  attack from a transgender woman in a woman’s restroom “ever” in the USA soooo what’s the issue? Paranoid men !

the reason I post the laughing ???? emoji so many times is because it’s humorous that the trolls love to argue an uneducated point . 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2