Transferring OA Retirement extension to New Passport

My Canadian passport has no more blank pages so I have obtained a new passport while in Canada. I have a OA non-immigrant retirement visa and many extensions, the last one expiring in February 2024 and a multiple re-entry permit until February 2024. Upon re-entering Thailand, I understand that both old and new passports need to be presented to IO who should stamp the new passport allowing me to stay until Feb.

Could someone clarify the next steps to only have to carry the new passport? Should I take the attached completed form to Jomtien immigration a few days after arrival? Do I have to go to MFA in Bangkok to transfer the original OA visa into the new passport so that I can continue to do extensions with only the new passport?

5926ab6c8f4d1_Tranferstampsnewpassport.pdf

There is no need to get the expired Non O-A visa transferred. You should go to Jomtien immigration to complete the process of transferring extension and re-entry stamps. Some initial annotation of the new passport, together with the new entry stamp will be made on arrival at the airport in Bangkok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

There is no need to get the expired Non O-A visa transferred. You should go to Jomtien immigration to complete the process of transferring extension and re-entry stamps. Some initial annotation of the new passport, together with the new entry stamp will be made on arrival at the airport in Bangkok.

If the original visa is not transferred, how to make sure the extension is based on O or O-A for future extensions?

On 6/11/2023 at 6:12 AM, DrJack54 said:

Details of your expired non O-A are entered into new pp in very first page on new pp.

Also your reentry permit stamp will be transferred. 

And they'll transfer your current extension of stay stamp, identical to the one in your old passport, to include extension number and date issued.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1