Foreigners Rounded Up In Surat Thani Crackdown

webfact

On 6/12/2023 at 6:07 AM, Felton Jarvis said:

Spot on observation. Cambodia is chomping at the bit to receive those who lack the million-plus dollars to stay in the Kingdom.  Someday soon, the Thais will have Thailand all to themselves.

"champing" ... not "chomping".

On 6/13/2023 at 1:37 AM, chalawaan said:

That was Thailand's fault, ALL the Embassies got tired of their petty BS paperwork for confirming something clearly obvious by other means  taking up valuable resources, and just said "enough!" in a diplomatic way. 

The annual extension circus and 90 day non-sense here is the one thing I really hate with a passion.  

Other means i.e. lying….

17 hours ago, mogandave said:

Other means i.e. lying….

Not necessarily. I get statements from Social Security, Alabama State Teacher’s Retirement and my TIAA annuity every year. Surely IO could employ at least ONE person who could examine these documents. They simply love bureaucracy so much that they need tons of unnecessary documentation that costs a fortune and makes the process vague and murky. It’s an old game called “showing the farang who’s boss”.

Edited by Felton Jarvis
clarity
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Not necessarily. I get statements from Social Security, Alabama State Teacher’s Retirement and my TIAA annuity every year. Surely IO could employ at least ONE person who could examine these documents. They simply love bureaucracy so much that they need tons of unnecessary documentation that costs a fortune and makes the process vague and murky. It’s an old game called “showing the farang who’s boss”.

What does that have to do with governments providing income letters?

Immigration would have no way of checking the authenticity of the documents. The same people that were lying on the income letters would be falsifying SS letters and whatnot. 

On 6/12/2023 at 7:21 PM, chalawaan said:

I wouldn't go to Scambodia if they paid me. The Phillipines is a far better option than that Southern Chinese province with it's ex Khmer Rouge dictator. 

Easiest visa terms in Southeast Asia. No 90 day reports and as long as you have about 300 USD a year to buy a visa, you don’t have to worry about staying in the country. Lots of improvements have been made over the past 20 years. The fact that it is a dictatorship hardly seems to matter to those who live there. There is less hassle to live in Cambodia than in ANY part of Asia. I am astounded at the prejudice aimed at Cambodia when it is clearly the next frontier for retirees. Thailand is pricing itself out of the market.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2023 at 5:37 PM, mogandave said:

What does that have to do with governments providing income letters?

Immigration would have no way of checking the authenticity of the documents. The same people that were lying on the income letters would be falsifying SS letters and whatnot. 

There has not been ONE documented case of anyone providing false documents for SS and other income sources. Most of them have identity markers which are difficult or impossible to counterfeit, not to mention, illegal.

Since there is reports of landlords (owners of residences) not reporting foreigners in this thread and I will shortly be staying in one of two condominiums, alternately, one owned by my daughter and the other by my wife, both of who will be in the U.S., who will do the TM30?

Me I assume.  Is this correct?