Nazi demonstrators brandish Ron DeSantis 2024 signs outside of Disney World

onthedarkside

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Dont forget the second part of the quote, the part that says, "and I'm not talking about the neo nazis and white supremacists, they should be condemned totally".

It seems like a lot of people want to forget it though, for some reason...

No reason to forget it, because it wasn't the second part of the quote.

Trump's first original complete quote before further questioning by a reporter:

'TRUMP: Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name'.

Full text: Trump’s comments on white supremacists, ‘alt-left’ in Charlottesville - POLITICO

Edited by LosLobo
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Indicted former President Donald Trump’s legal team is planning to ask District Judge Aileen Cannon to dismiss key evidence that ties him to obstruction of the FBI’s investigation into classified documents stored at Mar-a-Lago, a report said Sunday.

The basis of the dismissal, his lawyers say, is that notes kept by Trump’s attorney Evan Corcoran - bombshell evidence in which Trump discusses lying to investigators about the document's existence and even suggests destroying them – are covered by attorney-client privilege and should not have been turned over.

https://www.rawstory.com/aileen-cannon-2661189723/

Were they not ordered turned over by another judge?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/22/trump-lawyer-evan-corcoran-mar-a-lago-documents?traffic_source=Connatix

Donald Trump’s main lawyer – who was involved in turning over classified-marked documents at the Mar-a-Lago resort to the justice department last year – must provide his notes and audio transcripts to the criminal investigation after a federal appeals court rejected twin efforts to block the order.

The US appeals court for the DC circuit on Wednesday rejected two separate appeals from the former president and his lawyer Evan Corcoran to stop a sealed order, piercing attorney-client privilege and work-product doctrine protections issued in a court decision last week.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

When your a married gay/lesbian couple, as my friends are, and the homophobia and attacks upon you are becoming more and more unbearable, would  you stay.  It is not just a few idiots, Desantis has turned the schools into an unfriendly learning environment where parents are being pitted against each other.  California has always been open and welcoming to most folks, rarely do you see the type of attacks which are occurring.  You can thank San Francisco for assisting California get on the board and stay on the board as far as the far as the LGBTQ community.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-anti-lgbtq-laws-prompt-families-who-feel-unsafe-to-flee/ar-AA1cn7QK

July 1, That is the day a slate of new laws signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis targeting the LGBTQ community take effect. Doctors will be allowed to deny care based on their moral beliefs. The use of preferred pronouns will be banned in public schools. And children will be barred from attending drag shows, among other measures. One law that prohibits gender-affirming health care for transgender people under the age of 18 is already being enforced.

Add in:

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/courts-law/2022-09-22/a-report-details-how-extremism-and-hate-crimes-are-on-the-rise-in-florida

Ben Poppe, with the ADL's Center on Extremism, wrote the report. He said what makes the increase in Florida extremism stand out from the overall rise in hate across the country is that Florida extremists are now coordinating with each other.

And, Poppe said, they are even touting the Sunshine State as a great place to relocate your hate.

"They actually created Florida propaganda posters saying the state of hate needs you and advertising to other extremists to move to Florida,” Poppe said. “They're trying to make Florida a place where this kind of thing is acceptable and to center their activities in the state."

With all that is happening in Florida, why not move and be safe.  

People move everyday for a variety of reasons, economic, weather, crime. The rules in the school system IMO are there to protect the children. Rules for doctors providing care for kids are there to protect the kids.

This thread is about a handful of idiots holding flags. The left is portraying this as if the entire state of Florida is filled with nazis. This is just being blown out of proportion for political reasons. The dems don't really have anything positive to campaign on so they sow fear, seems to work reading some posts here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

People move everyday for a variety of reasons, economic, weather, crime. The rules in the school system IMO are there to protect the children. Rules for doctors providing care for kids are there to protect the kids.

This thread is about a handful of idiots holding flags. The left is portraying this as if the entire state of Florida is filled with nazis. This is just being blown out of proportion for political reasons. The dems don't really have anything positive to campaign on so they sow fear, seems to work reading some posts here.

Time to agree to disagree with you as you see it your way and I see it based on the reality of how things are based upon my contacts in the state.  Enjoy your week.

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

They are not idiots, they identify as Nazi's and should be treated with contempt for the hatred and evil they spew. Since when is it only the dems anyway. Or has the New York Post also been a Dem publication?

Nazi protesters show up outside young conservatives meeting in Florida

“Carrying the Nazi flag, or that of the SS, the unit responsible for some of the worst atrocities of the Holocaust, is an indefensible act of pure hatred,” Igel said in a statement. “This isn’t about politics or religion. It’s about humanity.”

https://nypost.com/2022/07/24/nazi-protesters-show-up-outside-young-conservatives-meeting/

41 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

No reason to forget it, because it wasn't the second part of the quote.

Trump's first original complete quote before further questioning by a reporter:

'TRUMP: Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name'.

Full text: Trump’s comments on white supremacists, ‘alt-left’ in Charlottesville - POLITICO

Exactly. He was separating the people who did not want a statue removed from the neo nazis.

From Politifact (hardly a Trump supporting website)

" we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America."

Regarding the killing of a female protestor by an idiot in a car:

"Well, I think the driver of the car is a disgrace to himself, his family, and this country"

And finally

"And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. "

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They are not idiots, they identify as Nazi's and should be treated with contempt for the hatred and evil they spew. Since when is it only the dems anyway. Or has the New York Post also been a Dem publication?

Nazi protesters show up outside young conservatives meeting in Florida

“Carrying the Nazi flag, or that of the SS, the unit responsible for some of the worst atrocities of the Holocaust, is an indefensible act of pure hatred,” Igel said in a statement. “This isn’t about politics or religion. It’s about humanity.”

https://nypost.com/2022/07/24/nazi-protesters-show-up-outside-young-conservatives-meeting/

So how do you get rid of them? Are they breaking laws? Arrest them. You think if DeSantis wasn't the Gov and a presidental candidate these idiots would disappear? Just because these idiots had a DeSantis sign he by default is a nazi? That's what these articles are going for.

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So how do you get rid of them? Are they breaking laws? Arrest them. You think if DeSantis wasn't the Gov and a presidental candidate these idiots would disappear? Just because these idiots had a DeSantis sign he by default is a nazi? That's what these articles are going for.

He could start by denouncing them, that's a good way to go, same as others have done as stated in the link I supplied. These Nazi groups have already stated they are taking advantage of recruiting DeSantis fans.

Why Won’t Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Denounce His Neo-Nazi Supporters?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/ron-desantis-neo-nazi-turning-point-usa-florida-conference-1388015/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Exactly. He was separating the people who did not want a statue removed from the neo nazis.

" we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America."

"Well, I think the driver of the car is a disgrace to himself, his family, and this country"

And finally

"And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. "

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

The bit you miss out is Trump was being grilled by a reporter, he was doing his best to cover his statement as the porter outsmarted him.

58 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So long as they aren't breaking laws, fine by you? Most would wonder what attracts these scum to DeSantis. For others, it just conforms what they already believe. Still others like it and seek to diminish its significance.

Edited by ozimoron

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Dont forget the second part of the quote, the part that says, "and I'm not talking about the neo nazis and white supremacists, they should be condemned totally".

Admittedly don't remember that bit- got a link?

5 minutes ago, Slip said:

Admittedly don't remember that bit- got a link?

See the Politifact piece I linked earler. It was in the middle of a long press scrum- something we have not seen from the current occupant of the White House.  

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

See the Politifact piece I linked earler. It was in the middle of a long press scrum- something we have not seen from the current occupant of the White House.  

As far as I can see your quote does NOT appear in that linked piece.  So where does that leave you?  Unless you could be so kind as to actually point out specifically where it is?

Please stay on topic and avoid posts being removed.   The topic is about DeSantis and the Nazi group.  Comparisons are acceptable, but arguing about other situations is off-topic.  

6 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

It wasn’t a ‘second part of the quote’.

He only added the following statement after being challenged by a reporter, he was trying to cover his first unequivocal statement.

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, also to the terrorist Proud Boys --

Stand Back and Stand By

Credit ol' comatose, demented, hiding in the basement etc. Joe Biden for goading that out of the orange guy at the debate.  It looks like getting him to come out with that helped put away quite a few of the 1/6 seditionists.  Guess you could say there was an upside to Chris Wallace being such a wuss as moderator.

I was also impressed that on CNN, as soon as they switched from the debate stage back to the studio, Dana Bash announced "that was a sh_t show."  I've developed an appreciation of her since then. 

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

Credit ol' comatose, demented, hiding in the basement etc. Joe Biden for goading that out of the orange guy at the debate.  It looks like getting him to come out with that helped put away quite a few of the 1/6 seditionists.  Guess you could say there was an upside to Chris Wallace being such a wuss as moderator.

I was also impressed that on CNN, as soon as they switched from the debate stage back to the studio, Dana Bash announced "that was a sh_t show."  I've developed an appreciation of her since then. 

It was Chris Wallace who asked: "Are you willing, tonight, to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down..."

The stupid answer Trump provided--"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by!"-- is on him.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/sep/30/context-donald-trumps-stand-back-and-stand-debate-/

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

It was Chris Wallace who asked

With Biden poking him with "say it!"  and then fed him "Proud Boys" which DT immediately repeated.  Of course this was months before 1/6 so who knew the part they would play at that point.  There are at least another dozen of those groups that could be mentioned.

https://www.wired.com/story/antifa-social-media-rumor-forks-washington/

People quoted in this article seem to think the Three Percenters are the fearful ones.

I want there to be more swastikas displayed so other people can see what these clowns are about.  When the GOP has a debate I'd like to see nazi emblems displayed so that right there on television people get the full picture.  Question for the candidates: do you support American nazi-ism, and why or why not?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bendejo said:

With Biden poking him with "say it!"  and then fed him "Proud Boys" which DT immediately repeated.  Of course this was months before 1/6 so who knew the part they would play at that point.  There are at least another dozen of those groups that could be mentioned.

https://www.wired.com/story/antifa-social-media-rumor-forks-washington/

People quoted in this article seem to think the Three Percenters are the fearful ones.

I want there to be more swastikas displayed so other people can see what these clowns are about.  When the GOP has a debate I'd like to see nazi emblems displayed so that right there on television people get the full picture.  Question for the candidates: do you support American nazi-ism, and why or why not?

So your argument is that Trump is easily provoked into doing stupid things.  Shouldn't a person like that be denied any position of responsibility?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

And finally

Very poor attempt at trying to obfuscating your error and whitewash the proven sex predator, twice impeached and indicted criminal defendant white Nationalist.

Nothing has changed, your OP was still  incorrect.

Enjoy rest of your day fishing.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

So your argument is that Trump is easily provoked into doing stupid things.  Shouldn't a person like that be denied any position of responsibility?

What I'm getting at is ol' Joe might be a little more clever than he gets credit for. 

That other guy is quite capable of doing stupid things without assistance.  HE is a reality show: stars in, directs, writes (sometimes).  His admirers are like American Idol fans supporting their favorite.  His time as a politician has been a continuous series of stunts to up his ratings and solicit $$$.

36 minutes ago, bendejo said:

What I'm getting at is ol' Joe might be a little more clever than he gets credit for. 

That other guy is quite capable of doing stupid things without assistance.  HE is a reality show: stars in, directs, writes (sometimes).  His admirers are like American Idol fans supporting their favorite.  His time as a politician has been a continuous series of stunts to up his ratings and solicit $$$.

I would agree with the second part for sure- Trump is the king of the unforced error. The first?  Nah.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Take a look at the people obfuscating and minimizing Nazis.

Now think, what else do they obfuscate and minimize.

A pattern appears.

Is it possible to minimize a group that has a grand total of 7 people?  They seem pretty minimal already.   

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

Disturbing post. So you want more nazis just so you can say......see....... Because of that sentiment I'd be skeptical about who is carrying these nazi flags. What better way to smear the GOP than randomly hang nazi flags around.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Interesting that these "protesters" wear masks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg_LNrRp6Kk

Three possible reasons;

1. They don't want to be publicly identified as nazi idiots.

2. They don't want to be identified as partisan political hacks pretending to be nazi idiots.

3. It was unseasonably cold in Orlando.

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Three possible reasons;

But, but masks are "medical tyranny" so I would think these "nationalists" would be against masks?

But who knows with nazis, suspect they're flexible on their beliefs?

And where do they get the nazi paraphernalia? Who makes these flags?