Is it OK to overstay by 2 days?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Having a two day overstay and sorting it when leaving Suvarnabhumi will never be an issue regardless of how bad a day any IO may be having.  

You wouldn't know.

Anyone taking your advice would need there head examined.

Utter garbage. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Huh?  For a two day overstay...I don't think so.

In theory, you could be. However, it is extremely unlikely. You would need to be stopped by the police for another reason while on the short overstay, and have them decide to take action on the overstay (which they rarely would)

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 4:53 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

...and he'll pay a small overstay charge, there will be no other consequences worse than that.

I think it's 500 Baht per day and the limit is 20 or 25K, if I remember correctly. 

you can overstay as long as you want.

But keep in mind: if you turn yourself in voluntarily once you'll have to pay a fine. That's it.

If they catch you .....you are in <deleted> and risk to say Good Bye to Thailand.

Make your choice...

I was in line at the border 6 months ago and a guy and his wife had overstayed for 20 days. No problems what so ever. Very polite gal came over charged the overstay fee's and they didn't even loose their place in line. 

No it isn't. You know you are going to overstay so you are intentionally breaking the law. Do a border run to extend the permission to stay.

If you do over stay they could ban you for a period of time which would not be unwarranted as you you basically planning to overstay.

Things like this give all of us a harder than necessary time when renewing long term stay visas.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2023 at 5:57 AM, BritTim said:

It is unwise. There are no immediate repercussions, and it probably will not prevent getting tourist visas. However, it is on your immigration record, and officials can easily use the overstays against you if you are slightly out of line later. Although it may be a hassle, go to immigration, apply for a (denied) extension and get given seven days to leave the country.

I've never been denied an extension but mine were extending a NON O for the purpose of visiting my wife.  I was however, under the impression that any stay can be extended once - why would he be denied?

Serious question, not trying to be a smart Alec.

9 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I've never been denied an extension

Think you misunderstood the situation.

The OP required  extra couple of days.

Seems has used extension already.

In that situation he can apply for extension knowing full well that's not an option and will be denied 

He would be then given a 7 day "get out of dodge stamp" 

It's not a 7 day extension 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you misunderstood the situation.

The OP required  extra couple of days.

Seems has used extension already.

In that situation he can apply for extension knowing full well that's not an option and will be denied 

He would be then given a 7 day "get out of dodge stamp" 

It's not a 7 day extension 

Thanks for that but I can't see anywhere in his post where he says he's already had an extension.  Has he posted about this on another thread or something?

55 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Thanks for that but I can't see anywhere in his post where he says he's already had an extension.  Has he posted about this on another thread or something?

You are correct. Sorry.

Read through thread. 

The OP has not contributed at all since starting thread.

Yet has time to post in chat threads such as "no grab delivery" etc.

I hate these threads. 

Of course your post is correct.

If OP has not already applied for extension it will be granted 

Either way will cost him 1900b for application. 

Perhaps a mod will put this thread to an end. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

There was some bickering over basically semantics on the circumstances when a two day overstay could conceivably result in arrest and blacklisting. I allowed this to go on for a while, but it became clear that those involved were going to persist ad infinitum. I have removed some posts, and will remove others that just continue this pointless back and forth.

• Thanks 1