Brexit was Johnson and Johnson was Brexit. Now that he has gone, Britain must think again

Social Media

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Britain won't be able to re-join easily (we'll need to adopt the Euro for a start) but once Labour take over next year expect an ever closer union relationship.  If only Starmer had the balls to say so!

Britain is not the only EU country that did not adopt the euro.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Drumbuie said:

I am currently in the UK visiting relatives and I can tell you that whatever that article says, the economy is NOT thriving post Brexit. Food is unbelievably expensive, most households are struggling to get by. My son who earns a very good salary says he can no longer save any of it due to mortgage interest increases and skyrocjeting fuel and food bills. Inflation is outstripping wage increases ( if any)  and anyone who isn't a millionaire is finding life increasingly challenging.

Brexit is a continuing disaster - hundreds of small businesses closing as they can't export to our nearest and biggest market due to the paperwork involved and the increased cost and duration of transport, others because they can't get workers from the EU any more.  Meanwhile the number of immigrants has actually *increased* - so much for the much vaunted  "controlling our borders" slogan.  

Well, the EU regime always favoured the large (lobbying) corporations and for UK SME's, the unfavourable EU regulations are still there.

• Haha 1