Anyone been back to Australia for the forced 2 year exile to move pension to Thailand?

Just now, scorecard said:

What an unpleasant person, I blocked him weeks ago, somehow he's got past the block.

Yep

Continually posts nasty remarks on a multiple of threads.

I think he's just frustrated he's a got a dead end job with no social life,

so all he does is watch youtube and AN.

He's a sad man.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

He keeps posting nasty snide remarks.

Him and few others continually do it.

I guess they'll keep on doing it as the Mods seem to let them.

I got the  warning message  from.the Mods and I was blueing with KH at that stage also🥺

Edited by Olmate
Add
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I think the Mods don't mind the resident idiots like Sadie as they generate a lot of clicks.

It would take 5 minutes to look at his posts and just piss him off.

He adds nothing of value.

Sad lad, he.was out Trolling this morning, told him to come to Thailand  and get wet😭. He was continuing his troll of Scorecard, calling him befuddled etc, prick! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Sad lad, he.was out Trolling this morning, told him to come to Thailand  and get wet😭. He was continuing his troll of Scorecard, calling him befuddled etc, prick! 

Was even having a go at someone he thought was in a wheelchair earlier.

No surprise he got that wrong as well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

What are you talking about you peanut?

I worked and paid taxes my whole working life in Australia.

And the topic is about the 2 year qualifying period Sadie.

Generally speaking, not specific to your personal circumstances, if someone worked all their life and paid their taxes, how is it they would have nothing to show for it and have to go cap in hand to Centerlink for the full aged pension? 

I understand those who worked after the implementation of Superannuation not qualifying, but you would think an individual would accrue some assets and savings at the end of their working life, thus, not qualifying for the aged pension. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

I think the Mods don't mind the resident idiots like Sadie as they generate a lot of clicks.

It would take 5 minutes to look at his posts and just piss him off.

He adds nothing of value.

It really is a case of you guys can dish it out, but can't take it. 

I got hammered in the pension thread for posting about the proposed changes to tax residency laws.  Got sent on a few holidays from AN as well.  All's fair in love in war, but to dish it out and then report to the Mods when it's handed back to you is very Un-Australian. 

I can't speak for other members, but I have no problem with discussion and healthy debate, but troll me, flame me, personally attack me, you'll get it back.  Boo Hoo.  :smile:

There's never been any sour grapes about it all on my behalf.  I have said I never reported a post, ever, nor will I do so in the future.  Some members took that as a free for all, and that's fine, but when it came back to them, off they go to the Mods. 

It's just an internet forum.  No need to take it so personally.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Misquoting me again.  Show me where I have used the word "befuddled." 

12 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

It really is a case of you guys can dish it out, but can't take it. 

I got hammered in the pension thread for posting about the proposed changes to tax residency laws.  Got sent on a few holidays from AN as well.  All's fair in love in war, but to dish it out and then report to the Mods when it's handed back to you is very Un-Australian. 

I can't speak for other members, but I have no problem with discussion and healthy debate, but troll me, flame me, personally attack me, you'll get it back.  Boo Hoo.  :smile:

There's never been any sour grapes about it all on my behalf.  I have said I never reported a post, ever, nor will I do so in the future.  Some members took that as a free for all, and that's fine, but when it came back to them, off they go to the Mods. 

It's just an internet forum.  No need to take it so personally.   

Very true 

They want to insult me in other threads as this old WILL  poster  has done then when I say something back he is calling the Mods !

Mods Mods George is insulting me ,how dare he!  

that's their thinking 

That's their thinking 🤨

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

What an unpleasant person, I blocked him weeks ago, somehow he's got past the block.

Why don't you contact the forum's support and have them sort out the problem.  It would be a big help to the forum. 

8 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Why don't you contact the forum's support and have them sort out the problem.  It would be a big help to the forum. 

This Scorecard had done nothing but insult me on other threads I have made .

He then can't take it when I give it back !

But he feels it's ok he can do it ...

Edited by georgegeorgia

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

He keeps posting nasty snide remarks.

Him and few others continually do it.

I guess they'll keep on doing it as the Mods seem to let them.

Probably they are just a bunch of BOTS or paid clickbait posters!

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Very true 

They want to insult me in other threads as this old Will hug has done then when I say something back he is calling the Mods !

He is a Old hypocrite 

Well said.

There's a group of "haters" on this forum that try to shut out and shut down other members.   The hypocrisy  of it all.

There's genuine information and content flow being offered by members, and because they don't like the message, they set out to shoot the messenger.   If they don't like the member, or the message, just put them on the ignore list.  I have requested some to do this to me on several occasions, yet, they continue to read my posts, personally attack me, and then when they get it back, run to the Mods crying. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Well said.

There's a group of "haters" on this forum that try to shut out and shut down other members.   The hypocrisy  of it all.

There's genuine information and content flow being offered by members, and because they don't like the message, they set out to shoot the messenger.   If they don't like the member, or the message, just put them on the ignore list.  I have requested some to do this to me on several occasions, yet, they continue to read my posts, personally attack me, and then when they get it back, run to the Mods crying. 

Very true 

But... SOME are from the "other" forum targeting posters who make posts ...I'm not saying these particular old men but there is a few here who plan to bring the forum down from the "other"  Pattaya  forums which are in competition particularly for advertising 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

This Scorecard had done nothing but insult me on other threads I have made .

He then can't take it when I give it back !

But he feels it's ok he can do it ...

Does the same to me.

I outed him for posting he was on a vet's pension, and then posting he was on an aged pension, and you can't be on both, so then he started personally attacking me, but then reporting me to the Mods when he copped it back.  Weak as p*ss in my opinion.

Edited by KhunHeineken
  • Love It 1

4 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Does the same to me.

I outed him for posting he was on a vet's pension, and then posting he was on an aged pension, and you can't be on both, so then he started personally attacking me, but then reporting me to the Mods when he copped it back.  Very weak in my opinion. 

Yes he did the same to me 

I doubt though he is working for the "other " board ,he doesn't have the intelligence 

He just likes to insult posters then if they give it back , he shouts "you can't say that ,I can only insult you !!

Put me in ignore I have told him ...but no he won't ...then complains about my posts 

He is the type that watched a nude sex  tv show ,watched it right through ,mumbling "oh it disgusting isn't it , then after he watched it twice he complained to the tv station 

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Very true 

But... SOME are from the "other" forum targeting posters who make posts ...I'm not saying these particular old men but there is a few here who plan to bring the forum down from the "other"  forum 

I have a friend who no longer reads or posts on AN because he got sick of being put on a holiday and now posts on "the other forum."  It's possible some members, or the same member but with multiple usernames, is working for the other forum. 

George would do well to recognize these "serial reporters" as possibly playing for the other team.  

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

We all need to p*ss but we do NOT need posters like that/It!

Exactly!

Well said Scottie 

Unfortunately this forum is a business, there is competition for advertising dollars !!!

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I have a friend who no longer reads or posts on AN because he got sick of being put on a holiday and now posts on "the other forum."  It's possible some members, or the same member but with multiple usernames, is working for the other forum. 

George would do well to recognize these "serial reporters" as possibly playing for the other team.  

So they have a plan of action and very well managed too.

Targeting certain posters to demean them ,then you get the normal idiots who follow them (unintentionally) to also join in to insult that poster ,but it's not any of the posters in the Australian forum except one who uses the same profile name on the other forum where he is a mod 

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

What are you referring to?

AN's biggest online competitor.  Probably can't post the name here, so I won't, but the core group of haters on the Australian forum may very well be working for AN's competitor. 

How much damage to AN have they done already?

Serial reporters working for the opposition under the guise they are so offended by a member and / or their posts in order to frustrate them and have them banned, so that member gives up and goes to the website they work for.  

Guess what, I'm still here.  :thumbsup: 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

AN's biggest online competitor.  Probably can't post the name here, so I won't, but the core group of haters on the Australian forum may very well be working for AN's competitor. 

How much damage to AN have they done already?

Serial reporters working for the opposition under the guise they are so offended by a member and / or their posts in order to frustrate them and have them banned, so that member gives up and goes to the website they work for.  

Guess what, I'm still here.  :thumbsup: 

Very very true , some would say your paranoid BUT I know its happening. 100%

So yes the plan ( from that Company) is to have members particularly ones that contribute a lot of posts ....Banned !

They use several.posters to contact Mods,  after of course they riled that poster up with insults , and then complain about him 

They could even change the computers and post to themselves so they are 3 posting names agreeing with themselves 

This site is getting too many clicks , too many good posters so they target them 

Advertising is big money 

Edited by georgegeorgia

On 4/12/2024 at 6:45 AM, rhodie said:

And just to confirm, yes indeed, he has to do the 2 years.

Officer told him if he leaves the country in the 2 years, his pension will be suspended until he returns and the time away will be added to the 2 years.

Seems different reports on what happens in the 2 years. I thought you were entitled to reasonable trips abroad, but who knows.

That is exactly what I was told in 2014 but I could appeal against any cut to payments, not recommended as Returned Resident status could be cancelled together with payments.

1 hour ago, KhunHeineken said:

Generally speaking, not specific to your personal circumstances, if someone worked all their life and paid their taxes, how is it they would have nothing to show for it and have to go cap in hand to Centerlink for the full aged pension? 

I understand those who worked after the implementation of Superannuation not qualifying, but you would think an individual would accrue some assets and savings at the end of their working life, thus, not qualifying for the aged pension. 

This topic is about the 2 year qualifying period.

FYI, I'm not on a pension.

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Very true 

They want to insult me in other threads as this old WILL  poster  has done then when I say something back he is calling the Mods !

Mods Mods George is insulting me ,how dare he!  

that's their thinking 

That's their thinking 🤨

I don't need to report you to the mods.

Most of your posts are inane and have no value.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/22/2024 at 5:31 PM, Will27 said:

We've all got different circumstances.

Some single, some married, some married with kids.

Different budgets etc.

Scorecard had access to the RSL and cheap rent that most won't before he returned to Thailand.

Still kicking has gotten himself cheap rent but looks as if he's staying in Oz.

My biggest gripe is that you have to do it (return to Oz) if you want the pension.

But it is what it is I guess.

It is what it is because nobody being ripped off by the Australian goverment is ready to do something about it .

Sadly that incudes my self.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

I have read that before. Unfortunately nothing is definitive. So it is all up for interpretation. That's why we need this thread with real life experiences. Even that doesn't mean it won't change unfortunately. 

And, I think they have statements where each case is treated independently.