Trump is a criminal, Biden is too old and DeSantis is a fascist

Social Media

22 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Rather convenient to put those who question you on ignore. 

I gave the reason. Why would anyone debate with someone who makes a habit of neither providing nor reading links?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

I gave the reason. Why would anyone debate with someone who makes a habit of neither providing nor reading links?

I consider a debate to be a discussion between two people , rather than just one person talking and the other person just  firing links back as a response , and not saying anything themselves 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

I don't think he did.  If he had he would have found this:

"What justifies the use of the term fascism is that Trump and Co. and the GOP tried to stage a violent coup. The other reason to use the fascist label is that the GOP are trying to say they’re conservatives, and they’re acting out of desire to preserve tradition and their patriots. Well, conservatives do not try and have violent coups, whereas Trump was, as Bill Barr said, a wrecking ball. And fascists are wrecking balls."

That's why I asked this question. The article is actually a good discussion as to why the GOP could be called fascist.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

My Quote:

'Trump may be a proven criminal earlier than we thought........'

Definition from Oxford Languages:

May: a verb expressing possibility.

5 minutes ago, candide said:

That's why I asked this question. The article is actually a good discussion as to why the GOP could be called fascist.

The left has been calling the right fascists as long as I can remember. 

Virtually every Republican President in that last 50 years has been called a fascist has most every Republican front runner. 

6 minutes ago, candide said:

Fascists are dictators  who take complete and full control of a country and do not have elections and suppress all opposition 

As the G.O.P participate in elections and cede power in elections , that means they aren't fascists

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Fascists are dictators  who take complete and full control of a country and do not have elections and suppress all opposition 

As the G.O.P participate in elections and cede power in elections , that means they aren't fascists

Yes, but on January 6th, Trump attempted to overthrow the government and end democracy as we know it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, but on January 6th, Trump attempted to overthrow the government and end democracy as we know it. 

Trump WAS the Government on January  6th , he was the President at the time .

He wasn't trying to overthrow himself, was he ?

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Trump WAS the Government on January  6th , he was the President at the time .

He wasn't trying to overthrow himself, was he ?

Self coup. 

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/government-and-opposition/article/trump-selfcoup-attempt-comparisons-and-civilmilitary-relations/16D5EF307C7DF49FCE86948D1569B014

The storming of the US Capitol building in January 2021 was a presidential attempt at a self-coup. To make the case, this article reviews elements of the Capitol assault and the events leading up to it, in light of the key conceptual components of a self-coup, and how those compare to attributes of other kinds of attacks on governments.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Self coup. 

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/government-and-opposition/article/trump-selfcoup-attempt-comparisons-and-civilmilitary-relations/16D5EF307C7DF49FCE86948D1569B014

The storming of the US Capitol building in January 2021 was a presidential attempt at a self-coup. To make the case, this article reviews elements of the Capitol assault and the events leading up to it, in light of the key conceptual components of a self-coup, and how those compare to attributes of other kinds of attacks on governments.

Well I suppose that Donald Trump was successful in his self coup, because he got rid of the then current President and Biden took over .

Trump did a coup on January 6 th and removed himself as President .

Would that make him a fascist though ?

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

The voters removed him. 

He tried to stay anyway.

DESPICABLE!

But at the end of the day, Trump did leave the Whitehouse voluntarily and he conceded his position to Joe Biden .

This isn't the behaviour of a fascist , fascists remain in power and jail the opposition 

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But at the end of the day, Trump did leave the Whitehouse voluntarily and he conceded his position to Joe Biden .

This isn't the behaviour of a fascist , fascists remain in power and jail the opposition 

Biden's DOJ trying to jail Trump does not mean it's a fascist administration, 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I haven't been following the news much recently 

Is Donald Trump still USA President ?

Objectively no.

But many of his maga cult members continue to regard him as the current president.

Yes, that is insane.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Objectively no.

But many of his maga cult members continue to regard him as the current president.

Yes, that is insane.

How do the maga cult members feel about Trump running again in the next election ?

As he has been POTUS for two terms now , wouldn't that means he's unable to run for  third term in office , as two terms is the maximum ?

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I agree that Biden is the only decent choice. But, what I am saying is that the US is in a sad place, when  a man well past his prime, is the only viable option. 

When I consider Biden dropping out out of the race, I cringe at the memory of the Dem primaries of 2020, where I didn't like any of them.  Biden turned out to be better than I expected.  Bernie and Warren couldn't get through the general election, and we all know that, but serve their purpose as keepers of the flame. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Self coup. 

Coup a laughable description of Jan 6, idiots with sticks.

Many seem to be settling on "reliable to show up" but little afterwards Biden as the lesser of the top three but the problem therein is exactly that AGE and shaky at that with other age problems and if he should drop dead or incapacitated in any way, that would be the VP (currently Ms. Harris) and she has absolutely no experience in anything other than being on someone else's arm.  The Dems need to change the VP if he does get the nomination, otherwise I think too many voters will opt for Desantis a

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The goal was to deny the winner and illegally stay in power.  Hardly laughable. 

Really, you really believe those idiots had a master plan? What happened is not laughable but to call it a coup is..

1 hour ago, Presnock said:

Many seem to be settling on "reliable to show up" but little afterwards Biden as the lesser of the top three but the problem therein is exactly that AGE and shaky at that with other age problems and if he should drop dead or incapacitated in any way, that would be the VP (currently Ms. Harris) and she has absolutely no experience in anything other than being on someone else's arm.  The Dems need to change the VP if he does get the nomination, otherwise I think too many voters will opt for Desantis a

Good point. Harris does not seem to be liked by many, and she is an awful VP. She does not have much talent. And she turns off alot of people. Nothing to do with her race or gender. She is simply a bottom of the barrel selection. 

12 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Fascism is a far-right, authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement,[1][2][3] characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation and race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy

wiki

Thank you. The right sure likes to use that word alot. Very liberally. Same with the term economic depression. Those same people who use those terms would be shocked if faced with either, in real life. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Really, you really believe those idiots had a master plan? What happened is not laughable but to call it a coup is..

The entire post election was a self coup attempt led by Trump. Laugh all you like. It was dead serious. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/oct/30/trump-2020-election-steal-presidency-coup-inside-story

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2023 at 9:11 PM, Tug said:

I agree with the op with this caveat Biden though old is getting positive results for the country our people and the world + there is an excellent team backing the administration ,trump is indeed a corrupt criminal and Ron desantis is a wanna be authoritarian bent on stripping Americans of their civil rights the choice to me is a no brainer 

What positive results?

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Teach it from the beginning of time, teach about the Irish who were sold as slaves. Being a slave wasn't just a black thing. They want the narrative to only be about the bad white people in America having slaves. Teach them who captured and sold the slaves from Africa way before they came to the Americas.

Exactly, the race-baiting that's going on these days is sickening.

Any opportunity to blame everything on white supremacy is exploited to the max.

There's a lot of white hate these days and apparently people think it's okay. 

Blacks even saying they want segregation. Like why is that acceptable? It wasn't acceptable before. It was racism when whites wanted segregation.

Some universities actually have "color only" student leisure rooms in which only whites are excluded from.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Haha 1