"Buy the rumour sell the news" ......Sterling/Baht

Today is interest rate decision in the UK and the recent rise in Sterling/Baht up to 44.50 is down to the city traders wholly expecting another 0.25% or 0.5% base points rise here in London

Now whilst never set in stone the "buy the rumour sell the news" scenario which will almost certainly come into play tomorrow with a slight dip in the exchange rate

Inotherwards if you're happy with 44.50 and who wouldnt be in recent times take the money today !

Course if it bucks the trend and goes to 45 then pound cost average on an exchange and be happy with the 44.75 !!

Win win

Lose lose if you do nothing and it drops back into the 43's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Surasak said:

Not likely to happen any time soon, I'm afraid. But we can all dream.

Agreed.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek but couldn't find the emoji.

Having said that it was 75 before I got here and yes @freedomnow those were indeed the days for all the best reasons.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

Inotherwards if you're happy with 44.50 and who wouldnt be in recent times take the money today !

Course if it bucks the trend and goes to 45 then pound cost average on an exchange and be happy with the 44.75 !!

Win win

Lose lose if you do nothing and it drops back into the 43's

Spoken like an experienced weatherman

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Spoken like an experienced weatherman

Spoken like the serious investor I am lol with 37 years of experience

Time of post its moved up to 44.79.......lndicative that we could be looking at 0.5% rise rather than 0.25

32 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

44.84 about 45 Minutes ago on Wise, Now Dropped back a Little to 44.73.....

And you know why the rate is getting better? It is because the baht is falling against all currencies today.

The weatherman in the OP has previously posted many times, even ridiculed members for it, that there is no direct exchange rate between pound and Thai baht.

image.png.b6a38688dd6a98d354f19250955022fc.png

Here you can see that the pound is actually getting weaker today

image.png.27ab4e48595a0aab29ac33428769f551.png

Edited by BenStark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DTL2014 said:

checked the rates today with Travel FX buy thai baht 43.60 and selling at 45.64. where did you get 44.7 from?

44.7 is the mean rate. That's the exchange rate that Wise always use in their transactions.

Sterling certainly held up well since announcement of that rise

44.73 at time of post but heavily aided by weakening of the Baht against the Greenback on opposite side of the pairings right out to 35.22 currently

We'll happily take it it I'm sure nonetheless

56 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Sterling certainly held up well since announcement of that rise

44.73 at time of post but heavily aided by weakening of the Baht against the Greenback on opposite side of the pairings right out to 35.22 currently

We'll happily take it it I'm sure nonetheless

You still want to call yourself an investment expert. WOW, don't give up the day job .

The pound has not held up well, it has in the past 2 days FALLEN against every major currency.

image.png.89b905e11ea9e9c7d7aa36f9f1e8d684.png

7 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

This is about Sterling/Baht. Are you talking USD?

This was after Black Wednesday -  the baht had been as high as 65 if changing 50 quid notes on the black market and dropped quickly to 37 or lower. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BenStark said:

You still want to call yourself an investment expert. WOW, don't give up the day job .

The pound has not held up well, it has in the past 2 days FALLEN against every major currency.

image.png.89b905e11ea9e9c7d7aa36f9f1e8d684.png

Fella what are you barking about and quit trolling will you I'll not further take the offered bait.....

We were at 44.50 on the Opening Post I mentioned pound cost averging should we hit 45 and the current Live rate is 44.78 where its been roughly at since midday Thursday BST

We're NOT talking about Sterling against other currencies we are ONLY talking about Sterling/Baht in this specific thread

Capiche....

(PS clearly you're completely unaware that only the USD has a direct exchange rate with every worldwide currency and for the rest of us mere mortals using other currencies its the sum of two pairings)

Off you pop fella....out

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

Fella what are you barking about and quit trolling will you I'll not further take the offered bait.....

We were at 44.50 on the Opening Post I mentioned pound cost averging should we hit 45 and the current Live rate is 44.78 where its been roughly at since midday Thursday BST

We're NOT talking about Sterling against other currencies we are ONLY talking about Sterling/Baht in this specific thread

Capiche....

(PS clearly you're completely unaware that only the USD has a direct exchange rate with every worldwide currency and for the rest of us mere mortals using other currencies its the sum of two pairings)

Off you pop fella....out

So what has that to do with the interest decision in the UK, because that was your claim in the OP, that the pound/baht exchange rate would better because of that reason ??

On 6/22/2023 at 10:38 AM, Chivas said:

Today is interest rate decision in the UK and the recent rise in Sterling/Baht up to 44.50 is down to the city traders wholly expecting another 0.25% or 0.5% base points rise here in London

Well, the interest decision has had ZERO influence on the exchange rate, in fact if the baht had not decreased in value against the Dollar, you would now get LESS baht for your pound. Because the pound has since the interest decision decreased in value

I know most people have you already on ignore, so be glad there is still someone replying to your posts, although it is only to point out that you have not the slightest idea about currency trading.

• Like 1