AIS data-only package

NanLaew

I have an O2 (UK) branded 3G dongle that I last used a few years ago with a prepaid AIS SIM. I used it mainly as a wifi hotspot in the truck and would like to do that again. What's the recommended and most economical data SIM for this?

I use AIS's 90 baht/month unlimited 2Mbps add-on package on my regular prepaid voice/data SIM in my phone and it's adequate for my internet usage, email, streaming radio, etc., so wondering if they have something similar in a data-only package. I know I can hot-spot my phone but I'm looking for something a bit more autonomous for family and other passengers to use.

Thanks!

NL

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NextG said:

Is the 90 baht 2Mbps package no longer available?

As far as I can tell, it's available as an add-on to my long-standing AIS service. I haven't been able to find anything similar 'standalone' on their website. The website is a bit of a challenge as some pages don't have 'EN' option available and a few of them that do, being their online purchase portal, throw up a "Thai citizens only" page when you select 'EN'.

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

As far as I can tell, it's available as an add-on to my long-standing AIS service. I haven't been able to find anything similar 'standalone' on their website. The website is a bit of a challenge as some pages don't have 'EN' option available and a few of them that do, being their online purchase portal, throw up a "Thai citizens only" page when you select 'EN'.

There is a USSD code(*788*5517#), but it’s doubtful if it still works. At around that price point only annual SIM offer unlimited data officially. Though there is always a chance that an old USSD code might still work. 

24 minutes ago, NextG said:
34 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There is a USSD code(*788*5517#), but it’s doubtful if it still works. At around that price point only annual SIM offer unlimited data officially. Though there is always a chance that an old USSD code might still work. 

Yes, it's a pretty dynamic market but I would need to get a SIM first. My lad wants to go to Central this afternoon so I may bite the bullet and drop by the AIS store and see what they can offer me. Maybe with evidence of my current voice/data prepaid of over 18 years standing, they may conjure up a "special" for me.

43 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i have an AIS 10mbps unlimited sim 150 baht a month. if you have a sim already call them and see if they offer it. Doesn't matter about calls

Browsing the alternatives via lazada, I see this offer for 200 baht:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-4mbps-ais-super-wifi-i3836526655-s17335445120.html?

AIS network
Speed 4Mbps (30GB)
Customers will be able to use unlimited internet for free for the first month.
Ready to use for free unlimited AIS Super wifi
Subsequent months 150 baht per month (tax included)

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Browsing the alternatives via lazada, I see this offer for 200 baht:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-4mbps-ais-super-wifi-i3836526655-s17335445120.html?

AIS network
Speed 4Mbps (30GB)
Customers will be able to use unlimited internet for free for the first month.
Ready to use for free unlimited AIS Super wifi
Subsequent months 150 baht per month (tax included)

Would you be happy with 30GB per month?

150 baht per month is 1800 annually. You can obtain an 8GB Marathon SIM for less… or is this just for occasional usage, rather than every month?

Does it have to be AIS?

9 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

AIS have a Net Marathon SIM. Valid for 12 months and price varies depending on speed and data limit. About 1,800 baht for 10mbps and 100Gb per month.

I have something like that in my office. I'm happy to pay ~150 baht/m for that so maybe I just get myself another one for the dongle and not worry about it for a year.

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

Would you be happy with 30GB per month?

150 baht per month is 1800 annually. You can obtain an 8GB Marathon SIM for less… or is this just for occasional usage, rather than every month?

Does it have to be AIS?

I've found AIS to be the most "consistent", especially when I head overseas and need short-term data roaming. I also carry DTAC voice/data in slot 2 on the phone as a backup. DTAC's cheapest data add-on works out at ~300 baht/month.

Both AIS and DTAC is fine. Anything but TRUE (for now).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I have something like that in my office. I'm happy to pay ~150 baht/m for that so maybe I just get myself another one for the dongle and not worry about it for a year.

If you've got the balance, there's 15mbps unlimited data for 200 baht/month by dialing *777*9026*009897# or 20mbps unlimited data for 300 baht/month by dialing *777*9127*009897# with both options allowing for tethering, meaning one can skip home internet expenses altogether.

True have slightly better deals, so you might wanna drop by a 7-11 and get one of their sim cards to check for signal quality etc before making purchases.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

I've found AIS to be the most "consistent", especially when I head overseas and need short-term data roaming. I also carry DTAC voice/data in slot 2 on the phone as a backup. DTAC's cheapest data add-on works out at ~300 baht/month.

Where did you find such info with regard to DTAC? I recently added unlimited 8Mbps with unlimited calls for 175 baht and unlimited 30Mbps for 235 baht. 

Just now, NextG said:

Where did you find such info with regard to DTAC? I recently added unlimited 8Mbps with unlimited calls for 175 baht and unlimited 30Mbps for 235 baht. 

From their app on the phone which I understand is similar to AIS's app in that offers can be selective and based on your usage. I checked last month to see if there's was anything cheaper. I've been with DTAC maybe 5 or 6 years.

12 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There are two versions: 8Mbps for 1490 and 15Mbps for 1790

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

From their app on the phone which I understand is similar to AIS's app in that offers can be selective and based on your usage. I checked last month to see if there's was anything cheaper. I've been with DTAC maybe 5 or 6 years.

I added the packs to new SIM. I haven’t checked as to whether the old longer term  unlimited codes are still working. 

36 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

AIS have a Net Marathon SIM. Valid for 12 months and price varies depending on speed and data limit. About 1,800 baht for 10mbps and 100Gb per month.

I have one a one year Marathon, 70 GB/month, theoretical max speed 300 Mbps (4G max). Cost 1890 (Lazada. activated/registered at local Telewiz shop).

Works fine and for my on the road/out of the house I never even come close to 70 GB.

"overpaid" in a way, 30 GB would likely be enough for my use.

Edited by KhunBENQ

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I have one a one year Marathon, 70 GB/month, theoretical max speed 300 Mbps (4G max). Cost 1890 (Lazada. activated/registered at local Telewiz shop).

Works fine and for my on the road/out of the house I never even come close to 70 GB.

"overpaid" in a way, 30 GB would likely be enough for my use.

Official price for the up to 300Mbps(70GB) version is 1590 baht. 

https://www.ais.th/one-2-call/sim-netmarathon/en/

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Don’t neglect to look at GoMo. 99 baht for the base SIM and then 149 baht per 30 days for unlimited 10 Mbps. AIS network. 

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Well done indeed

A response that actually details the cost, the code and the product. Details kept secret by the masses on this sub forum for some reason no matter which network

( Clearly too dim to realise that codes that get used less and less will eventually be deleted off availability)

My experience a few years back with AIS's un-advertised online code grabbing was that the best-value ones were limited in quantity/availability. First come, first served and their 'EN' page would give a generic 'network error' flag when sold out so, like the first version of Thai Immigration's online exercise, you never knew if it was you or them.

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

My experience a few years back with AIS's un-advertised online code grabbing was that the best-value ones were limited in quantity/availability. First come, first served and their 'EN' page would give a generic 'network error' flag when sold out so, like the first version of Thai Immigration's online exercise, you never knew if it was you or them.

They have a date expiry. Sometimes forgotten. Advertising them may lead to them being reminded. So I certainly don’t advertise them to the masses, but only trusted members. 

I have had for several years now an additional sim, data only from DTAC 200baht per month unlimited data alas if you have an Iphone you ain't got a slot for it. its 10Bbps, which used as a hotspot operates Ipad, and allows me to continue working active chat sessions without any problems.

9 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I found this on the AIS website...

https://www.ais.th/one-2-call/sim-netmarathon/en/

Screenshot_20230626_212012_Brave.jpg

Good find. Note the T&C.

For 1,490-Baht SIMs, enjoy the offers for 12 months.

SIMs come with a constant data speed of 8 Mbps for 100GB monthly. After the allowance is used up, data usage continues at 128 Kbps.

offer free calls within AIS network 24 hours (30 minutes maximum in each call), and 1 Baht/minute will be charged from the 31st minute onwards.

Enjoy free calls to other networks for 60 minutes and each minute of excess calls is charged at 1 Baht.

1.5 Baht is charged for each minute of VDO calls, 2 Baht is charged per SMS, and 3 Baht per MMS.

The rates are exclusive of the 7% VAT.

For 1,490-Baht SIM users with 12-month offers, no promotion change can be made within 365 days.

In case of a package change, the service rates will instantly become inapplicable.

Net Marathon is incompatible with Multi SIM/ Multi SIM Plus services.

BitTorrent cannot be used.

On-top packages are applicable.

The package shall terminate according to the period specified.

There will be no SMS notification prior to the package termination.

After the package termination period, the package will be renewed in case a specified amount based on the package is topped up in order to allow for a continued package payment debit. In case of no top-up as required, however, no package payment can be made, and the user will be charged for their actual usage based on the terms and conditions stipulated above. The user may change the package three days prior to the package termination date only.

The rights to use the service and the specified service rates are reserved for normal domestic usage only.

In order to maintain service quality standard and to keep quality network experience for overall subscribers, the company reserves the rights to manage the network as the company deems appropriate including but not limited to limiting or decreasing network speed in case it is found that there is large volume of continuous data transfer, using BitTorrent, sharing Internet via Hotspot, downloading and/or uploading large files, consuming usage for commercial purposes, or any usage which impacts or creates unfairness to other subscribers, or creates impediments to the network of the company.

The company reserves the right to change rates, and terms and conditions without prior notice.

To find out more about the promotion, please go to https://www.ais.th/one-2-call/sim-netmarathon/