COVID infections falling steadily, fewer fatalities over past month

webfact

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Let's start with the most basic concept:

If the R number for any infectious disease drops below 0 in a population, the disease will disappear in that population.

Right?

I assume you mean below 1....below 0 is something only mathematician can understand...

wrong....it will get less, till the R number increases again.....We have every year in spring flu R numbers below 1....much below 1, and in autumn they increase again

8 minutes ago, Caldera said:

This latest wave really wasn't worth reporting all this much, the whole thing looks a lot like an ordinary flu wave nowadays - just move on, as other countries did a long time ago.

And a minor problem in compare with food problems. I don't know a single person with long covid, but I can't tell how many I know with diabetics type 2.....And we have Covid headline and not a single word about the deadly food.

I actually know someone who had both feet amputated and one woman that has a complete broken kidney (5% working). If Covid would like the clowns would hold a press conference every week.....And maybe masks would also help....

21 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This is kind of a self fulfilling prophecy, which boils down to:

"Covid will never disappear because I will never get vaccinated".

Simple question, do you think it should be law that everyone must be vaccinated, and subsequently boosted against covid. (Age and health aside? )

Actually its not me who is saying covid will never disappear because I will never get vaccinated ( had 2 jabs, so take your presumptions elsewhere)  It's the experts you love to quote.

1 hour ago, BangkokHank said:

You're right about the natural selection, just not in the way that you meant it. I just pray that you really are as "vaccinated" as you claim to be.

Why? I don't understand your point at all. Please explain instead of the useless innuendo. If you have something to actually say, say it.

1 hour ago, sungod said:

You really have no idea do you......

naked flame.

33 minutes ago, sungod said:

Simple question, do you think it should be law that everyone must be vaccinated, and subsequently boosted against covid. (Age and health aside? )

Actually its not me who is saying covid will never disappear because I will never get vaccinated ( had 2 jabs, so take your presumptions elsewhere)  It's the experts you love to quote.

Barring medical advice not to, yes. There would be millions more still alive if it was the case.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, that would be a law I would break. No more boosters, masks, or other covid related preventions or paranoia for me. I am more afraid of a common flu. 

Why don't you go picket the Thai health department about mandatory vaccines? Oh, wait, Trump never told you that those viruses were a hoax, going away by Easter.

https://www.lumahealth.com/vaccines-children-thailand/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, h90 said:

And a minor problem in compare with food problems. I don't know a single person with long covid, but I can't tell how many I know with diabetics type 2.....And we have Covid headline and not a single word about the deadly food.

I actually know someone who had both feet amputated and one woman that has a complete broken kidney (5% working). If Covid would like the clowns would hold a press conference every week.....And maybe masks would also help....

Good point. It seemed to be illegal, or immoral, to bring up the connection between the quality of one's diet, and the susceptibility to covid. Or the primary diets of certain groups. Of course, if you eat healthier your body is stronger, and your immune system is better able to ward off infectious disease. 

Same applied to obesity. It was a conversation that was discouraged. Don't shame the fatties. 

• Like 1

I didn't read through all posts now here because I have got my 4 free Vaccines in Taiwan where I am working as a contractual requirement of my employer.

I am wondering, the Numbers are dropping and that's sure because of the vaccines. 

But also I reckon that meanwhile everybody here has knocked down one or more COVID attacks, which improved the body immunity even more, because these little Bastards were fully alive and reproductive instead of a Virus chopped in bits.

We might get now a flu and not even realize anymore that that was again COVID and our bodies just wipe the Virus out before it can spread..  

Thanks to the countries working together to avoid the 6th mass extinction...

...until one of us creates in his body the COVID Supervirus which wipes you out whilst taking a dump.

For now I guess the world is just in the middle of the 6th Mass extinction..

So keep the Mask away and grow with the Virus, you could be the one, that has the Super Antivirus in your body growing.. 

In short words as @ozimoron said, "the natural selection continues"... or even shorter "That's life"

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Why don't you go picket the Thai health department about mandatory vaccines? Oh, wait, Trump never told you that those viruses were a hoax, going away by Easter.

https://www.lumahealth.com/vaccines-children-thailand/

Not relevant. Only for children, which I am extremely thankful I don't have. So mandatory vaccines for children is not a big deal for me. Life is complicated enough without kids. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, h90 said:

The Thai people in the office here who are not vaccinated hardly know Trump...for sure they don't watch American news.

And the very left, very alternative, vegetarian, anti GMO antivaxxer I doubt Trump had much influence on them.
Actually Trump did his best to promote his warpspeed vaccine. Tells all the time how super it is

I wouldn't take medical advise from either Anutin, Trump or Biden and that counts for most of the antivaxxer no matter if they are right or wrong.

I've never met a Thai who has not had a vaccine or expressed opposition to the vaccines.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I've never met a Thai who has not had a vaccine or expressed opposition to the vaccines.

we have antivaxxer in the office, but they kept it to themself....just they didn't went when the bus brought the others to the vaccination.

Than month later showed me some videos of some side effects........I know 4.

Some statistic said 80% took the vaccine so 20% did not.

A personal attack with a conspiracy twist to it has been removed. A trolling flame post as well as others bringing Trump and Biden into the OP have also been removed.

Stay on topic: This is regarding Thailand and no where else.

COVID infections falling steadily, fewer fatalities over past month

I have seen people getting really sick (not need doctor but stay in bed) who didn't had any flu the last 30 years....everyone got sick once. That is too much of an coincident....

So there was a new disease.....And I am pretty much as much conspiration theorist and anti vaxxer as it gets but there was Covid...or something new. That I am 100% sure

Edited by Pink Mist
Unsupported Misinformation quoted post removed

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

This latest wave really wasn't worth reporting all this much, the whole thing looks a lot like an ordinary flu wave nowadays - just move on, as other countries did a long time ago.

Well said. Time to move on. 

That includes, stop being basically the only country in the world left, where these things still occur:

• Big employers like 7-11 & Makro mandate their young, healthy employees to wear a face covering at work
  • Many school age children still wear masks at school
  • Probably 2/3 of the population in the capital city, still wear face coverings in most settings
  • Signs are still up around social distancing in lifts! and other relics of 2020

The extreme fear of covid is still far too prevalent in Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Not worth arguing with antivaxxers  and octogenarians who are worried the vaccine will make them sterile. I Have no problem with turning int a lizard person, I think it would be interesting. and if the goverment wants to track me all they have to do is ping my phone. 

All I want to know is where I can get the booster in Khon Kaen Area. It was offered at an Area Hospital last wednesday , but I got ill a couple of days before and thought it would be a good idea to wait until I feel better in case I have a reaction, Now they no longer have it. 

Anyway, if anyone knows where I can have it within the next  couple of weeks, I would appreciate it. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

Probably 2/3 of the population in the capital city, still wear face coverings in most settings

I think it's dropping fairly quickly but it depends on the area. You can walk from a mostly unmasked area into the next street and it's 80%. Public transport around 90% but nobody seems to particularly care any more if you are unmasked. No looks of horror and fear of instant death from Thais on the BTS as there was six months back.  

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

I think it's dropping fairly quickly but it depends on the area. You can walk from a mostly unmasked area into the next street and it's 80%. Public transport around 90% but nobody seems to particularly care any more if you are unmasked. No looks of horror and fear of instant death from Thais on the BTS as there was six months back.  

Here outside, on the edge of Bangkok there are still many people masked.....but in the last few days it dropped from maybe 99% to 90%.

When you look at the nice people it is like 98%. The people selling things on the market like 70%

As less educated as more common sense.

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Basic immunology seems frightening to you. 

The way that it works is, if enough people are immunized, a disease effectively disappears. You know, like polio and smallpox.

Are you aware that polio and smallpox are completely different viruses to covid.  as indeed are the vaccines and the way they work. No comparison whatsoever!

• Like 1