Move Forward Party Remains Confident in Securing Enough Senate Votes to Make Pita Prime Minister

snoop1130

S__22061070-728x546-1-696x522.jpg

Pita Limjaroenrat, leader of the Move Forward Party (MFP), remains confident that the 250-member Senate will vote for him as the Prime Minister.

Pita, who has recently recovered from the Covid-19 virus, travelled to the Parliament on Tuesday, June 27th, along with 150 MFP MPs to report themselves to the Secretariat of the House of Representatives.

The MFP leader said he is confident that the coalition partners, which currently encompass 8 parties, have gained enough votes from the senators to allow him to become the country’s 30th PM.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Caption: PHOTO: Matichon

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/06/27/move-forward-party-remains-confident-in-securing-enough-senate-votes-to-make-pita-prime-minister/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-06-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I think the general consensus is the next parliament will be the MFP with the coalition as set-up.

The majority of the people want change, industry need change and the tourism industry will be happy for a quiet handover.

Only the die-hards are still trying to put a spanner in the works and remain in the dark ages.

Prayuts packing, Anutin has said he's not interested and Prawit... well I think just watching the time go by.

Pita is doing what he said he would do... Move Forward.

And 100 Million per vote as BJP said will help to convince the Senators and MPs of the opposition

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

The senators are putting alot at risk of they do not back Pita and allow the will of the people to prevail. Everything has changed. The army no longer commands any respect. All moral authority is gone. 

May the youth of Thailand prevail over the toxic, heinous dinosaurs. 

I dont think its the senators we need to worry about. Like the EC they also do not want blood on their hands. Its Pheu Thai that is the dark horse in this race. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, damian said:

I dont think its the senators we need to worry about. Like the EC they also do not want blood on their hands. Its Pheu Thai that is the dark horse in this race. 

If PT scupper the chance for a new MF led Govt then I believe they'll never be forgiven and lose all hope of winning in the future. It is obvious the vast majority voted for change and PT should also embrace that need for change by giving the elected majority the means to deliver what the people obviously want.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

he is confident

I cannot think of a time when a politician has stated he is not confident. His boss Mr. T was confident before being ejected from parliament. Now he is confident that the military-dominated Senate will choose him. Prayut was confident everyone would vote for him. Thaksin is confident he will return in July.. Never known such rampant confidence.

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The senators are putting alot at risk of they do not back Pita and allow the will of the people to prevail. Everything has changed. The army no longer commands any respect. All moral authority is gone. 

May the youth of Thailand prevail over the toxic, heinous dinosaurs. 

The Senate has nothing to lose.  I believe that most of them will be gone as their time as senators is almost up.

I think however that some of them are going to admit defeat and give MFP the nod.  The only question is what landmines does PT hae for them and how much experience do they have 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, h90 said:

And 100 Million per vote as BJP said will help to convince the Senators and MPs of the opposition

If they vote overwhelmingly to oust Pita I think more than a few bank transactions should be investigated.