Two deaths linked with cannabis use and violent incidents reported in recent days by Thai police

webfact

8 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

We know from past history in the West that putting a little extra of something in the pot was a good way to get people hooked on other drugs.  

i grew up just down the road from you. never once in all my years smoking back home did i ever come across anyone that had had tainted cannabis. nor did i ever hear of any stories of people having tainted cannabis. 

since then i am still yet to come across this golden myth that people speak of. 

go frontenacs go !!

17 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Don't be worried, that's an urban myth.

Assuming these two people (14 YO, 36 YO) actually smoked cannabis it was not treated with anything. It was just ditch weed.

and you know this is a myth how?  I have seen some pretty <deleted>ty stuff in my day and had a B n law and friends that were

heavy users were always careful as to who and where they got their weed so that they knew what they were getting 

17 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Theres a basic flaw in that argument,  if they didn't tell people what they were secretly mixing with the pot, how would the victims know what they were addicted to?  come on now don't believe everything you hear or read in the papers or on the net 

They don't until they are hooked  sorry there is just no way of knowing what is put in the plants you are getting.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, stoner said:

i grew up just down the road from you. never once in all my years smoking back home did i ever come across anyone that had had tainted cannabis. nor did i ever hear of any stories of people having tainted cannabis. 

since then i am still yet to come across this golden myth that people speak of. 

go frontenacs go !!

sounds like you did and when I was younger depending on if you were a township or city boy we may have smoked the same stuff.

But I saw a lot of strange stuff in school in the 70's that made me wonder.  

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

basically because nobody wants to end up with rubbish weed not for fear of it being spiked

and tell me that is not going to happen here with the street sh!t.  Also TIT wold it surprise me here not likely

Just now, kingstonkid said:

and you know this is a myth how?  I have seen some pretty <deleted>ty stuff in my day and had a B n law and friends that were

heavy users were always careful as to who and where they got their weed so that they knew what they were getting 

Nothing I say will sway you from your belief that nefarious parties are spending extra time and money concocting enhanced cannabis in order to "hook" unsuspecting buyers. It's beyond idiotic if only because it makes no business sense whatsoever. I don't know your B n law or your friends, but it sounds like they never got doctored weed either.

And to somehow think doctored cannabis is being peddled in rural Thailand is even more silly.

I think it's best you just continue to believe this conspiracy. It definitely makes you look "in the know".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, robertson468 said:

So you were there when he indulged in both meths and canabis and examined him using your extensive medical knowedge?  Pity you didn't mention the wonderful effects of psychosis, inflicted on people due to canabis use.

It is extremely rare. And the vast majority of the time it happens, it is due to the individual already having severe mental health issues. Other drugs are a different story. 

It does seem to be very clear from research that if a person already has a chronic psychotic condition, such as schizophrenia, that using marijuana can trigger an episode of psychosis. Studies also show that people with certain genes that predispose them to schizophrenia are more likely to develop the condition if they use cannabis.

https://www.brightquest.com/cannabis-induced-psychosis/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Your anecdotal evidence means absolutely nothing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

I think you missed the plot.  It is the 14-year-old boy that smoked pot that is the main concern.    The worry that I have is what else are people putting in marijuana.  We know from past history in the West that putting a little extra of something in the pot was a good way to get people hooked on other drugs.  

I agree that buying form one of these large box stores is probably reasonably safe but there are a lot of dealers that are just selling nd you really have no idea what you are buying.

If you are buying marijuana from  a pot shop what would be the point of putting something in the marijuana to get you hooked on a product you do not sell? Another good reason to legalise the stuff it gets it away from the dealers who sell hard drugs who might have a vested interest in getting you hooked.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Dionigi said:

beat me to it

Freely available is a result of translation, "free" in the sense that it is free from previous legal restrictions, and it means fully legal for recreational/personal use.

Cannabis Flower that is.

But, yes you may see a sign in the dispensary that says "Free Weed Tomorrow".

Nothing I say or do will change what people do but let me add my 2 baht anyway. 

I grew up involved around me with drug, gun, violence. I've had a couple of close friend die from overdose one died when his group went running guns camping out enjoyed their drugs while sleeping one got berserk picked up an automatic and started firing. 

I can safely say I was one who got save from sports. In spite of having access I never found the reason or need to use drugs I can proudly state I've never even picked up a cigarette. When it comes to pot whatever reason people wants to???? use so it is accessible or legal they are going to use it. It started as mediscile I'm sure there is evidence I know my cousin who had breast cancer helped her with eating and the pain before she passed. 

But as it gain popular made legal in some City and States in U. S. More and more places opened you had to have a medical card all of a sudden like Baskin/ Robbing ice cream there were 31 favors to pick.. It isn't rocket science to figure it out how in the world can there be this many sick people. Like Handicap parking permit everyone over 55 had one then when it became evident by politician they can get a hold of more money sell it more revenue can help fix all these social needs just like gambling which is soon coming too.

When it comes to Thailand it becomes worse leadership from jtop to bottom can't seem to educate people in killing themselves on the road,  can't fix a simple pothole on the road, can't seem to stop hanging wires everywhere, can't figure out when they could sell liquor simple childish fixes and they screw that up if there is a thing they could screw it up they will so when it comes to pot in less than a year places opening the fix is worry about it went the problems arises. Should it surprise anyone the problems now.

People are selling everywhere sidecarts people don't have a clue what or how it is made so why should anyone care it is all about money medicine clothing got nothing to do with its legalization.????

Edited by thailand49
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Because travel is supposed to broaden the mind and I would therefore have expected that most pensioners that have managed to find their way here and succeeded in marrying a prostitute young enough to be their granddaughter would be a little bit more tolerant of other peoples "vices" 

Haha this is the best thing i have ever read on this site...i cant believe this website  is free!

Yup Boomers have zero introspection growing up in the wealthiest portion of Western civilization.The good ones had it rough growing up, they are much more interesting people.

Some are great but most i find rife with narcissism and ignorance. That scenario you mention is a bubble niche lifestyle. It seems to lead to a fearful existence because its as fake and contrived as they are.

9 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Gotta blame something... it's tradition now rather than acknowledging the shortcomings of the individuals involved.

Correct, drugs are an issue but not the root of the problem.

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

People are selling everywhere sidecarts people don't have a clue what or how it is made so why should anyone care it is all about money medicine clothing got nothing to do with its legalization.????

You ever hear of 'Big Pharma'?

Big Pharma has killed more people worldwide just last month than more people dying from cannabis in the last century.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1