Two deaths linked with cannabis use and violent incidents reported in recent days by Thai police

webfact

When I was a kid there was something called “Thai sticks”. I don’t know what else was smoked with the joint but marijuana doesn’t cause more than sleep.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/28/2023 at 8:11 AM, JonnyF said:

Ridiculous to blame weed when he'd also taken Meth.

It's well known that weed has a calming effect. The only thing I want to murder after a smoke is a cheese sandwich.

Then after a blast of the munchies and much needed needed laughter, I quietly fall asleep!

On 6/29/2023 at 1:38 AM, Speedhump said:

I REALLY can't understand why some people put a 'confused' emoticon under your comment. It scares me.

I can't understand why anybody uses the confused emoji, ever. It reminds me of those who  vote "don't know"  in opinion polls.The researchers  should disregard them and simply move on until they find the next person with enough about them to express a yes or no opinion. Those who "don't know" obviously haven't a clue about the subject matter in hand anyway

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Confused 2

On 6/28/2023 at 8:44 AM, save the frogs said:

marijuana may not be responsible for violent behavior, but it's debatable whether marijuana is safe for 14 year olds. 

if they want to keep it legal, there needs to be a massive education campaign to inform youth that perhaps it's not safe to consume at such a young age. 

That's what parents are for... or used to be

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I can't understand why anybody uses the confused emoji, ever. It reminds me of those who  vote "don't know"  in opinion polls

It's a troll or two......... heaven knows what they think they achieve....  the fact they can do it anonymously probably amuses them. 

Two men were watching a young foreign couple kiss each other on the beach. The men subsequently got horny; they got so horny they decided to bludgeon the couple. -- Thai Police and their 'logic.'  TRP Dumb as rocks.

Edited by Foreign Jim
punctuation and clarification

On 6/28/2023 at 7:51 AM, sirineou said:

There are forces in Thailand that desire to reverse recent laws liberalizing cannabis use and growth and wukk use any excuse to demonize its use. 

The man was  on methamphetamines and the blame pot? I know little about pot , methamphetamine or the combination of the two, but I believe that pot has a calming effect .

I am surprised no one asked the obvious question.

Were you high when you wrote this ?

Sadly No!, this is the trues state of affairs.  ???? 

drugs are an absolute disaster ....  how could letting a society smoke pot all day legally be a good thing for all.

they opened up injection clinics in Australia and they were a complete wreck, disaster,  pathetic decision and the rest,   that's like giving a drunk a free box of beer every week,    absolutely ridiculous.

Do what Philippines and Singapore do ......  that stops the drug addicts in their footsteps.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Foreign Jim said:

Why does this online rag use such a stupid headline? You perpetuate the myth that weed causes violence. Smarten up. 

So you advocate the censorship?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So you advocate the censorship?

Reporting that smoking mariuana causes violence is irresponsible. There were no deaths "LINKED WITH CANNABIS" as this ridiculous headline purports. Did you write it? You post enough here to make me think you're an angry troll. But whatever, your 'the censorship' comment made me laugh.

2 hours ago, Foreign Jim said:

Reporting that smoking mariuana causes violence is irresponsible. There were no deaths "LINKED WITH CANNABIS" as this ridiculous headline purports. Did you write it? You post enough here to make me think you're an angry troll. But whatever, your 'the censorship' comment made me laugh.

No, I did not write it, but I read it so it MUST be true, and I believe everything I read..... I prefer baiting to being a troll.... but to be honest, it is often foolish like the morons who superglue themselves to roads! 

On 6/28/2023 at 9:28 AM, Bday Prang said:

Don't forget it is mushroom season at the moment too, they can have profound effects, bet the toxicology reports dont look for any evidence of that

Ah yes mushroom season. 
Some years ago I myself went a-hunting and stumbled across a bunch of pan cyans. Not my bag these days however