Pattaya City to Stop Street Vendors on Walking Street from Monday, July 3rd

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya City officials sent out a letter to Walking Street business owners earlier this week informing them of an upcoming change to current policies and procedures.

As of Monday, June 3rd, street vendors and stalls not part of a licensed building business will need to be entirely removed from Walking Street, according to the below notice from Pattaya City officials.

An exact reason for the change was not given by Pattaya City although some speculation on social media was that it was aimed at unauthorized cannabis and alcohol vendors selling throughout the street.

By Adam Judd

#news

Source: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/06/28/pattaya-city-to-stop-street-vendors-on-walking-street-from-monday-july-3rd/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-06-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The problem will be street food for staff if they remove all those sellers, although most are in the side streets

Not only the staff working the clubs, one would have thought that tourists would appreciate being able to sample street food while wandering up & down walking street as it would no doubt add to their experience.

• Haha 1

Don’t take all of them out. Issue licensing for a few and get rid of the rest. I hate the all or nothing stuff here. Plus we all know it won’t last long. Typical Thai laws. Only used when needed. 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

The problem will be street food for staff if they remove all those sellers, although most are in the side streets

I always recall seeing this tiny lady selling candies and snacks on Walking St.....would be sad if she was kicked off. I suspect this will never happen... they just keep coming back and the enforcers lose interest. 

7 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

I've always wondered why foreigners are allowed to work without permits there selling ice cream and whatever.  And the idea that Russian ladies can dance their booty and get jiggy with it,  but foreign teachers must jump hoops or are rejected is a bit hard to nibble on. Oh well.  Can't complain too much I guess.

How do you know they have no permit and don’t form part of a licenced business? Nasty…

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

But what about these guys?

Ask him.

He (or fellows) are there for years.
Do you really believe they work illegal in full light on Walking Street?

Doubt it.

The Russian "ladies" are more of a mystery to me.

"Cultural/artist" visa? :cheesy:

Direct your smartphone camera to the pushers on the street and they will attack you.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, NextG said:

How do you know they have no permit and don’t form part of a licenced business? Nasty…

Because their job is something that a Thai can do. The golden rule on government restriction.   A Russian girl dancing,  a Thai girl dancing. Russian girl isn't allowed to work at all.  No permit will be given to Russian girls to dance. Although,  ultimately you are right,  I don't know for sure. Bribes could be paid or whatever.  I retract all my statements.  

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I always recall seeing this tiny lady selling candies and snacks on Walking St.....would be sad if she was kicked off. I suspect this will never happen... they just keep coming back and the enforcers lose interest. 

I haven't seen that little lady the last year, maybe kaput

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

and getting diarrhoea and having fingers and toes amputated??

I am not sure what the connection between Walking Street and amputated fingers is.....But I bet you could find someone there to chop off a few your digets for you, if thats your thing...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TimeMachine said:

Because their job is something that a Thai can do. The golden rule on government restriction.   A Russian girl dancing,  a Thai girl dancing. Russian girl isn't allowed to work at all.  No permit will be given to Russian girls to dance. Although,  ultimately you are right,  I don't know for sure. Bribes could be paid or whatever.  I retract all my statements.  

You were writing with regard to foreigners selling ice cream. Something that you have mysteriously forgotten to address in your reply here. Nasty…

4 minutes ago, NextG said:

You were writing with regard to foreigners selling ice cream. Something that you have mysteriously forgotten to address in your reply here. Nasty…

Yes.  Thais can sell ice cream too. Haha. Stop calling me nasty.  I'm getting panic attack. 

Edited by TimeMachine

17 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I am not sure what the connection between Walking Street and amputated fingers is.

With respect, the connection is diarrhoea - street food and the poor lady who went into hospital for treatment for diarrhoea and ended up having her fingers and toes amputated (see today's AN)