Thai Mobile Banking Apps Crash On Payday, Transfers Put Off

webfact

12 minutes ago, Denim said:

Cashless society .................. for everyones convenience ( not the banks profits )

What could possibly go wrong ?

After all, with computers ....no human error.

Safe ( except for hacking ) , reliable ( except when it crashes ) and fast (  except for people stuck in a Q at Big C behind a person with a smartphone trying to pay and making a meal of it ).

And if there is a solar storm...like it was some 100+ years ago, what we do till the problem is fixed...if only for a week it doesn't work.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

Well, such glitches can happen everywhere in the world, not only In Thailand. The curse of today's cyber world. 

Wish I could find English language reports about the catastrophic migration of Postbank IT to Deutsche Bank in Germany. In the headlines again and again since months.

https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/DEUTSCHE-BANK-AG-56358396/news/IT-changeover-annoys-Postbank-customers-bank-sees-no-major-problems-43417929/

That was in March.

Scenario repeats.

Edited by KhunBENQ

33 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

Well, such glitches can happen everywhere in the world, not only In Thailand. The curse of today's cyber world. 

Yes, but more likely to happen here.

It's why I always tend to carry some cash. Wherever I am.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Thailand a cashless society.... pipe-dream

Nope. The Thai central bank like many countries around the world have signed up to digital currency. It's not far now unless people insist on using cash

39 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

There’s no doubt that Thailand has one of the more convenient and secure banking-app systems in the world. There is no way l would exchange it for any other. Glitches, commonly referenced as Murphy’s Law, are universal and always in full effect, lest we forget. I trust that Bangkok Bank will eventually find the 1000 baht l transferred to my son on Saturday. So much so, that I haven’t even contacted them about it yet. FYI, initial reports attributed the snafu to a KBank switching system, which as a component in a larger network, affected many of the major banks. Cheers. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LivingNThailand said:

If the person in front of me has their phone out and pointed at the cashier I just move along to the next cashier and usually out the door first.   Cash is King.  I hope they don't do away with it totally. 

I shop early and minimally......and can usually use the under 10 items checkout... moving would put me behind the guy shopping for the hospital.

45 minutes ago, Denim said:

Like old ladies in Sainsburys. Get the purse out from bottom of shopping bag when cashier tells them the amount.

Ok I give up.

Always a way to hold things up ????

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PeachCH said:

And? Does that make the inconvenience any better for the people affected by it? 

• Thanks 1