When do they increase the Elite visa prices?

Hi,

I remember covid time someone buying it for 500K, but then this year when I checked the prices, it was doubled up. I guess it's due to THB going down against USD so they just try to keep the same USD value? Anyone knows if there is a timeframe when they increase the prices?

Also on their website they have 800K and 1M versions where the former is called Family Alternative. Is it possible to get these as single individuals?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BritTim said:

There is no pattern discernible on when changes are made to Thailand Elite memberships. At the current time, individuals who are only interested in the Easy Access visa that comes with an Elite membership have two rational options: five years for 600,000 baht and 20 years for 1,000,000 baht. If you buy the five year membership, current rules allow to to upgrade later to the 20-year membership by paying the difference of 400,000 baht (a sweet deal, in my opinion, that might well be withdrawn in the future).

Thanks a lot that makes sense. I was thinking the same. I just asked them they said if you get the 600K one, the upgrade price is locked so that's good. In that time 400K could be worth a lot less in USD.

Btw do you know if this is the official website?

https://www.thailandelitevisas.com

8 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The official website for Thailand Elite is http://thailandelite.com.

Try to get a guarantee in writing that you will always be able to upgrade to 20 years for 400,000 baht if you go ahead with the five-year option.

Thanks a lot I will do that. Wow I was talking to the people in the link I sent.

I really wanted this but to be locked in as a tourist for the entire period is unacceptable. If you want to get married or start a business or work you lose the whole thing.

If it lingered in the background and you could return to it, it would be ok but to be unable to officially open a bank account or get a licence and all those things it's really a burden in my opinion.

Everyone's different though. It would suit some people I'm sure.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DodgerRodger said:

I have the Thailand Elite Visa and was able to use the Thailand Elite Visa and services of their wonderful staff to "officially" open a bank account and to obtain a driving licence.  Details are on the website if you care to look.

Ok. I chatted to them in line about six months ago as I was under the impression if you bought it you can leave the visa and resume it whenever you need it. That's not the case unfortunately.

I assume the license is the shorter 1 or 2 year tourist one? That would be a downgrade from my normal 5 year one.

I'm sure it's good for some people but doesn't suit my situation

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, G Rex said:

I have a Thai Elite visa.  I am living in Thailand. I am married to a Thai, but I chose not to have "Marriage Visa" - so I don't have to worry about all of the extension palaver with photos, bank balances etc.   I have a full 5 year Thai Car and a 5 year Motorcycle License.  I have bank accounts with 2 Thai banks.

I am not sure where you have gotten your information from - but I respectfully say that you are wrong.

Like I said twice already. Not my cup of tea and it suits some ppl more than others.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

The upgrade is not "locked in" - there is a clause in the membership agreement that basically lets them do whatever they want at anytime during your membership.

Price increase across the board coming in Sept/Oct according to several of their main agents.

Edited by Sandboxer

53 minutes ago, G Rex said:

I have a Thai Elite visa.  I am living in Thailand. I am married to a Thai, but I chose not to have "Marriage Visa" - so I don't have to worry about all of the extension palaver with photos, bank balances etc.   I have a full 5 year Thai Car and a 5 year Motorcycle License.  I have bank accounts with 2 Thai banks.

I am not sure where you have gotten your information from - but I respectfully say that you are wrong.

The only thing I cannot do is work here.  No problem for me.

53 minutes ago, G Rex said:

I am in the same situation as G.Rex and chose for the same reasons first the 5 year Thai Elite PE Visa that I paid 500 000 THB for and have just recently got a 15.5 year Thai Elite Membership Extension until end 2039 that I paid 500 000 THB and in my opinion worth every THB. 

Edited by vibration
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Unless under 50, boggles the mind why anyone would even consider this TOTAL ripoff. I could buy one today and not even notice the money gone....but WHY would I, or anyone :coffee1:

I consider this every extension renewal time & My thinking is, I keep 800K in the bank all year around & if I get the 5 year visa I would immediately free up 200K.

I don’t need the money but if I did then it’s a good way of freeing up some cash until my Pensions start in 2.5 years at which point I could either move to the income method or top up to 800K or (most likely) spend 400K & get an extra 15 years.

My main reason for not getting one isn’t so much the cost, more the I don’t want to get off of the Non-IMM O “Treadmill” & find at some point in the future the rules change & existing holders are Grandfathered in (E.G Increase in money in the bank, compulsory health insurance etc…) 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, G Rex said:

I was told explicitly by thailandelite when I asked them, that a 5 year license was NOT possible on the elite-visa.

That was a deal breaker for me. I not saying you (or others) didn't manage to get one, but I think its random luck.

4 hours ago, MajorTom said:

I was told explicitly by thailandelite when I asked them, that a 5 year license was NOT possible on the elite-visa.

That was a deal breaker for me. I not saying you (or others) didn't manage to get one, but I think its random luck.

I live near Kanchanaburi - so do not have a Thai Elite office close by.  When I contacted them prior to getting my Thai Drivers License, they simply sent me a list of things I need to show DLT in order to apply for a Thai License. Armed with this info - I went to my local DLT office & got my first (2 year) license. I am sure there is no barrier to getting a 5 year license on a TEV, you just have to get a 2 year license first, then move on to a 5 year license after the initial 2 year period. (as I have done).

Edited by G Rex
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, G Rex said:

I am sure there is no barrier to getting a 5 year license on a TEV, you just have to get a 2 year license first, then move on to a 5 year license after the initial 2 year period. (as I have done).

As I mentioned earlier, Thailand Elite told me otherwise. Found the email.

I was not going to gamble on loosing my 5 year license and IDP. You got lucky ????

te.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

In fairness, your first drivers licence is usually a 2 year temporary one, and then the second is a full 5 year licence. Of course TiT, so some people's mileage may vary according to location, money, phase of the moon.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Unless under 50, boggles the mind why anyone would even consider this TOTAL ripoff. I could buy one today and not even notice the money gone....but WHY would I, or anyone :coffee1:

THB1 mill = 50k pa or 4160 pm over 20 yrs (or 21 yrs in my case). No annual expenses or stupid bureaucratic rituals and inquisition required as in marriage and O visas. If traveling a lot as I do - super convenient, whisked through airport, immigration, customs, etc, coming and going. Visit immigration every 5 years to renew.

Agree 90 day reporting a vestigial hangover but can be done by their staff or online.

My concern is that the recently reported Chinese crims are going to stuff it up for everybody.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MajorTom said:

As I mentioned earlier, Thailand Elite told me otherwise. Found the email.

I was not going to gamble on loosing my 5 year license and IDP. You got lucky ????

te.JPG

Okay - thanks for that!!   Possibly because I have a 'pink card' & a 'yellow book' - I did not have to show my visa when it came time to renew my license.  Cheers ????  

23 hours ago, G Rex said:

Maybe yes... maybe no.... 

I am in exactly the same situation as you....  (Thai Elite & Yellow Book & Pink ID).

A number of years ago I was only permitted to renew my 2 year license for another 2 year licence. 

Then last time I renewed I was permitted to renew the 2 year for a 5 year full license. 

As I understand it... only those on 'resident visas' can get a 5 year Thai Driving license and while the 5 Year renewable S.E. Visa (or 1 year renewable P.E.) visa can be considered a 'long term visa' it's not a Resident Visa as the 'Non-Immigrant' Visa's are.

As always in Thailand, mileage varies and a lot of the time it simply comes down to the individual we are dealing with at the time - one time it didn't work out in my favour, another time it did !!! 

21 minutes ago, G Rex said:

Okay - thanks for that!!   Possibly because I have a 'pink card' & a 'yellow book' - I did not have to show my visa when it came time to renew my license.  Cheers ????  

I have no pink card or yellow book but renewed my 2 year driving license with a 5 year driving license with my TE visa last November in Chonburi. The TE statement "a foreigner could obtain or renew 5 year license if he/she hold Non-Immigrant visa(Working visa) and a work permit" would mean that you need a working visa for a 5 year driving license. This does not make sense or would make many people quite unhappy. 

3 minutes ago, Klonko said:

I have no pink card or yellow book but renewed my 2 year driving license with a 5 year driving license with my TE visa last November in Chonburi. The TE statement "a foreigner could obtain or renew 5 year license if he/she hold Non-Immigrant visa(Working visa) and a work permit" would mean that you need a working visa for a 5 year driving license. This does not make sense or would make many people quite unhappy. 

You simply 'slipped through the gaps', as did I. 

And you are correct, the Thai Elite statement (posted by Major Tom) contains an inaccuracy.

I've been with Thai Elite for 15 years and on occasion have found their advice inaccurate - I don't trust their information at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

And you are correct, the Thai Elite statement (posted by Major Tom) contains an inaccuracy.

Yeah, you certainly don't need a work permit. I think anyone with non-immigrant status will get the 5 year license when due. I had a couple of them, never had a work permit. The first one I got on a multiple o-visa.