PM hails success of Thailand-China’s trade, investment cooperation

snoop1130

1688458996_968474-tnamcot-e1688459017238-768x401.jpg

BANGKOK, July 4 (TNA) – Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha congratulated the success of China (Guangdong)-Thailand Economic Cooperation Conference which was held by the Government of Guangdong and China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) Guangdong, in collaboration with Office of the Eastern Economic Corridor on June 28, according to the Government spokesman.

Deputy Secretary-General to the Prime Minister and Acting Government Spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri said the conference, which was participated by over 200 representatives from concerned public and private sectors of both countries, is aimed to intensify collaboration between Thailand’s EEC and China’s Greater Bay Area (GBA) through China’s One Belt One Road.

At the conference, MOU signing ceremony was held, following the business matching between private sector of the two countries.

#news

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1201233

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2023-07-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

is aimed to intensify collaboration between Thailand’s EEC and China’s Greater Bay Area (GBA) through China’s One Belt One Road.

Invite the devil to the table why not.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

Well he would say that, wouldn't he.

How is the Thai High Speed Train system getting on?

Not so well. What I thought was the start of it, was widening on the single track embankment near me north of town.......that sort of went on for a while then stopped and nothing seen since......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

Well he would say that, wouldn't he.

How is the Thai High Speed Train system getting on?

I hear since forever how cheap transportation will be....And now only a little bit per truck from Lao as they have the train already.

Just non of the transport companies know anything....

9 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You would never have thought that he had lost the election two months ago!

that is normal.....see USA...how long was Trump there after loosing the election before Biden got into office.....In other countries there are often like 4 month long negotiations about coalitions and meanwhile the old government stays in some kind of power.

1 hour ago, h90 said:

that is normal.....see USA...how long was Trump there after loosing the election before Biden got into office.....In other countries there are often like 4 month long negotiations about coalitions and meanwhile the old government stays in some kind of power.

"At the conference, MOU signing ceremony was held, following the business matching between private sector of the two countries"

it appears to me that the entire deal was negotiated and agreed during the conference. That Prayut fully intended to use the conference to further secure the RTM-royalist partnership (via an MOU that diesn't require parliamentary approval) with Chinese Communist regime in advance of the progressive democratic MFP coalition government as a last gasp- hold to continued power.

And remember the 2017 Constitution written by the junta embeds the junta's 20-year National Strategy Plan that defines national development according to the junta's priorities. Any deviation requires a constitutional amendment that requires majority approval by the unelected Senate.

With regard of Prayut vs Trump in trade negotiations, it's "apples & oranges." Literally ????.  They operate under different government systems Parliamentary vs. Presidential so it's a reach to find similarities regarding length of time to negotiate foreign trade agreements. What is common is that both systems require support of the parliament/congress to make any foreign agreement binding. So on effect the Prayut-China MOU is just politics that ultimately reinforces the junta's cash cow the EEC before Prayut is finally replaced.

Edited by Srikcir
I didn't intend bold print

7 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

"At the conference, MOU signing ceremony was held, following the business matching between private sector of the two countries"

it appears to me that the entire deal was negotiated and agreed during the conference. That Prayut fully intended to use the conference to further secure the RTM-royalist partnership (via an MOU that diesn't require parliamentary approval) with Chinese Communist regime in advance of the progressive democratic MFP coalition government as a last gasp- hold to continued power.

And remember the 2017 Constitution written by the junta embeds the junta's 20-year National Strategy Plan that defines national development according to the junta's priorities. Any deviation requires a constitutional amendment that requires majority approval by the unelected Senate.

With regard of Prayut vs Trump in trade negotiations, it's "apples & oranges." Literally ????.  They operate under different government systems Parliamentary vs. Presidential so it's a reach to find similarities regarding length of time to negotiate foreign trade agreements. What is common is that both systems require support of the parliament/congress to make any foreign agreement binding. So on effect the Prayut-China MOU is just politics that ultimately reinforces the junta's cash cow the EEC before Prayut is finally replaced.

I think you misunderstood what I meant:

election was 3rd November 2020.

got in office Jan 20th 2021

So a long time from election to getting in office.....And that is often much longer in countries with coalition.

So it is not overly slow in Thailand

MOUs are just hot air they don't mean much.

I think the Senate will expire and a new one will selected but I missed to understand how the new one will be selected....

A long term strategy plan is a good idea but can be also harmful if it is wrong.....On one side it protects against incompetent governments...on the other hand it does the same against competent ones....

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

I had assumed that a caretaker government should not sign international deals. I was wrong. 

It does seem that the onerous restrictions applied to the Thaksin and Yingluck government's, when they were in place as "caretaker governments" do not apply to Prayut and his gang.

I can't imagine why not - unless perhaps it is tacit acceptance by "the establishment" that they are not really going!

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, h90 said:

In many countries, perhaps most countries where the executive is selected by the parliament, the transfer is effective within days.

This bunch are continuing on their merry way, totally ignoring the fact that they lost the General Election emphatically two months ago. I suspect that their initial plan is to simply continue to ignore that election, initially citing confusion (real or imagined) amongst the coalition in parliament, whilst they beaver away manufacturing other reasons to delay. They have to fight a rearguard action until the new Senate is selected (May 2024?), when, on ground of their choosing, they will magnanimously allow fresh elections. They don't seem to need, or care about, parliamentary support - if all else fails declare a State of Emergency and rule by decree.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

In many countries, perhaps most countries where the executive is selected by the parliament, the transfer is effective within days.

This bunch are continuing on their merry way, totally ignoring the fact that they lost the General Election emphatically two months ago. I suspect that their initial plan is to simply continue to ignore that election, initially citing confusion (real or imagined) amongst the coalition in parliament, whilst they beaver away manufacturing other reasons to delay. They have to fight a rearguard action until the new Senate is selected (May 2024?), when, on ground of their choosing, they will magnanimously allow fresh elections. They don't seem to need, or care about, parliamentary support - if all else fails declare a State of Emergency and rule by decree.

I remember 6 month coalition "negotations" and recently in Israel the mess they had with coalition building....

It is not that much in Thailand....maximum the EC can need is 60 days and they were below. And than it goes pretty fast.

On 7/4/2023 at 12:09 PM, snoop1130 said:

1688458996_968474-tnamcot-e1688459017238-768x401.jpg

BANGKOK, July 4 (TNA) – Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha congratulated the success of China (Guangdong)-Thailand Economic Cooperation Conference which was held by the Government of Guangdong and China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) Guangdong, in collaboration with Office of the Eastern Economic Corridor on June 28, according to the Government spokesman.

Deputy Secretary-General to the Prime Minister and Acting Government Spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri said the conference, which was participated by over 200 representatives from concerned public and private sectors of both countries, is aimed to intensify collaboration between Thailand’s EEC and China’s Greater Bay Area (GBA) through China’s One Belt One Road.

At the conference, MOU signing ceremony was held, following the business matching between private sector of the two countries.

#news

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1201233

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2023-07-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

So with other words, same as before.