Wagner: The Russian state media attacks Prigozhin.

Social Media

image.png

State-controlled Russian television has apparently launched a campaign to smear Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin after his failed mutiny at the end of June. The media revealed that the pictures were allegedly taken during a search of his luxury home outside St Petersburg and that his wealth was bad for him.

They also looked back at his criminal past and suggested he was motivated by greed, but made no mention of Prigozhin's persistent and often harsh criticism of the Russian military and its conduct in the Ukraine war. It was the first time state media had reported Prigozhin in such detail, so personal, and filled with harmful details about his biography. Until recently, Russian television showed a positive image of Wagner's mercenary group, which fought alongside Russian troops during the invasion of Ukraine. On 5 July, the state-run Rossiya 1 broadcaster released photos it said were from Prigozhin's home.

A commentator on the talk show 60 Minutes said, "Let's have a look how this fighter for the truth lived, someone who has two criminal convictions and who kept claiming that everyone else was a thief."

Eduard Petrov said in a sarcastic tone, "Let's have a look at the palace built for this campaigner against corruption and crime."

The footage showed a wealth of cash, a variety of weapons, the opulent interiors of the house, huge gardens with a parked helicopter, a variety of wigs, and what appeared to be fake passports issued to Prigozhin under a variety of names.

asean-now-logo.png

-- © Copyright Asean Now 2023-07-07

A raid by Russian security services has revealed the colourful inside of mercenary chief Yevgeny Prigozhin’s lavish mansion in St Petersburg.

A wardrobe full of wigs, gold bars and a stuffed alligator were among the many bizarre finds in photos and footage published by pro-Kremlin media outlet Izvestia.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Social Media said:

State-controlled Russian television has apparently launched a campaign to smear Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin after his failed mutiny at the end of June.

No need to add any more.

• Like 2

Crikey what a rotten State it is. Imagine having to live there?!!!

I'm so thankful I am so free and have such amazing freedom and choice ... and if things get sticky I can simply return to the sunshine of Oz.

2 hours ago, BusyB said:

More than anything else the fotos from his palace reveal appalling bad taste. Just like Trump's Mar a Lago atrocity.

Or Putin's palace. Quite understandable. I am reminded of a thought from the movie. "Enemy of the State". Along the line of ... the first thing they do is to discredit you ... If Putin did not go after him it gives possible credence to top Russian military corruption/incompetence. I'm thinking it would be difficult to find anyone with clean hands among Russia's most powerful.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, pegman said:

The longer this saga goes on the less sense it makes. If this guy really tried to do what has been reported there is zero chance a thug like Putin would not have dispensed with him by now. You cross Putin you dead or locked up before long.

Or Putin does.

Remember Putin needs Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin and the Wagner group far  more than they need him.

Prigozhin is now in Belarus and I don't think that the Belarus military can control him either, even with their Russian tactical nuclear weapons.

Personally I don't believe anything that is published by any Russian 'news' source, but that maybe just me.

The 'mighty' Russian army stood aside for him as did the civilians.

Sure they turned around but who ordered the turning? It sure wasn't Putin.

Prigozhin knows where many of the bodies are buried and perhaps even where Putin will be buried.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pegman said:

The longer this saga goes on the less sense it makes. If this guy really tried to do what has been reported there is zero chance a thug like Putin would not have dispensed with him by now. You cross Putin you dead or locked up before long.

He was given “amnesty” in exchange for stopping his rebellion against Putin. Don’t be surprised, though, if he suddenly disappears or falls victim to a novichok attack! Putin will definitely not let it slide. 

10 hours ago, animalmagic said:

Same interior designer?

Dreadful. And yet another piece of evidence to prove my claim that one of the worst things on the planet is a rich prole.

Can you imagine waking up in a room like that?