Starbucks Thailand Reveals Plan to Open 335 New Outlets by 2030

snoop1130

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Of course, cheap labor workers are making $20 an hour now in the U.S. with health benefits.

Especially in Bangkok, I see more Thais in these places getting coffee then anyone.

Some sort to hiso status I guess they like to take photos of their 150 b coffee.

I think Starbucks coffee stinks in fact would much rather get a 7-11 coffee then the stinky skunk stuff they serve.

Peet's coffee is much better and their selection blows away Starbucks.

Living in the Bay Area, we're lucky to get Viet coffee ( Cà phê sữa đá and cà phê đá) .   

23 minutes ago, BayArea said:

Peet's coffee is much better and their selection blows away Starbucks.

Living in the Bay Area, we're lucky to get Viet coffee ( Cà phê sữa đá and cà phê đá) .   

Yeah I love Peets.

6 hours ago, Caldera said:

People on here can moan all day long, but seeing how popular Starbucks is with many Thais, I don't think their plans for growth are outrageous. 

Optimistic then? Are they going to push the competition out of the already near saturated market? 

FANTASTIC TOILETS!!

Clean stores

P-Poor coffee

Over Priced Fatty Pre- Frozen treats

Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks

They are selling social status and not quality coffee

Once took my wife (ex) and her mother to a starbucks in NST.  Her mother told my wife “u will stop him from this stupidity soon and come local coffee shop for much less thb.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Still amazes me people get up in the morning , have a coffee, and then get the need to go out and find and pay for yet another ridiculously expense coffee. 

I have a cup of tea when I get up...since my coffee maker broke, and they are ridiculously expensive to buy. A nice coffee in the mall is 60 baht later on. 

43 minutes ago, jcmj said:

Amazon Cafe has much better coffee at half the price. They are becoming the go to place for a good affordable coffee.

Do you mean PTT coffee? Petroleum Authority of Thailand (PTT) owns Amazon Cafe which is the reason why 711 is not allowed to sell coffee PTT stations.  

Edited by Venom

Just now, twizzian said:

I’ve not used a Starbucks since the last overpriced horrid tasting coffee, it’s at least 15 years since a last visit to one.

Do they even still charge for WiFi?

If it wasn't for the upstairs short-time rooms I would not use them too!

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Amazon coffee is 50% less than Starbucks and often close by.....

Why does anyone buy from Starbucks ?   

I use Amazon only on long journeys but I think Inthanin is actually better tasting than Amazon.

I make my own coffee at home but when traveling I find Starbucks reliable for good tasting strong black coffee. Of course I'm regarded as a weirdo for ordering just coffee there and even more so because I refuse to order in Italian. 

Edited by Jingthing

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Of course, cheap labor workers are making $20 an hour now in the U.S. with health benefits.

Especially in Bangkok, I see more Thais in these places getting coffee then anyone.

Some sort to hiso status I guess they like to take photos of their 150 b coffee.

I think Starbucks coffee stinks in fact would much rather get a 7-11 coffee then the stinky skunk stuff they serve.

If I have the choice beween Starbucks and 7/11 coffee, I rather drink the brown water from the klong....or the pee from the soi dog

• Confused 1