The pharmacist will see you now: Has Thailand found cure for hospital overcrowding?

webfact

On 7/8/2023 at 6:51 PM, Muhendis said:

Recommendation for heart and many other ailments is not only diet but also exercise.

Trouble is there are occasions when medication is absolutely necessary.

My diet is good, I don't drink much alcohol and I exercise very regularly, but I can't get my BP down so will remain on 5mg amlodopine. Have seen a reduction in resting heart rate though. I think it is pretty much genetic. Father ate very clean, next to no alcohol, and regular exercise. Still had high blood pressure. He also had a low HR. So genetics seem to be a deciding factor. Like you infer, medicines may be necessary no matter how well you look after yourself.  

On 7/9/2023 at 7:06 AM, Ralf001 said:

If they are using SS to pay then they can only use the hospital they are registered at, not sure if "satellite clinics" are covered.

Does the 30b scheme cover all govt hospitals and clinics or is that the same as SS in that must use registered hospital ?

For Bangkok and maybe some other provinces with high populations, you need to name the hospital for SS and have to stick with that one.  However, for many provinces, you just select the province and you are then free to pretty much use any government hospital in that province (I think it is understood that you will use the local one near where you live).

For the 30Baht/gold card/etc. scheme the hospital is set according to where your house registration is based. 

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

SS would, provided that the meds are on the Thailand National List of Essential Medicines.  

My private pays quicker than SS... that is why they choose it, I assume that and the fact they will be charging "private insurance rates".

Maybe my meds are not covered by SS... do not really care, until the day comes that the coin comes from my pocket !!

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1