Estimates of Trump rally crowd size ‘absurd’

Social Media

5 minutes ago, novacova said:

It’s not about the man “Trump” that a lot seem to get so obsessive about and have a perpetual diaper rash of it. The object is full tilt capitalism, which everyone here has capitalized on and not to mention which has brought most of the world out of poverty. 

Everybody has capitalized on full tilt capitalism? Maybe you should brush up on your recent history, because I’m sure there are many millions of people in both the USA and EU who would strongly disagree with you. Me being one of them.

2 hours ago, novacova said:

Most people in the world are patriotic of their country. Those who are not have simply disenfranchised themselves by making rationalizations to justify their own displacement.

Me et al.

And then there are those who use words like patriotism freedom Liberty etc to justify programs that have nothing to do with any of them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Everybody has capitalized on full tilt capitalism? Maybe you should brush up on your recent history, because I’m sure there are many millions of people in both the USA and EU who would strongly disagree with you. Me being one of them.

Yes, everyone here has benefited from capitalism, unless of course one is living in a cave.

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The far right use "patriotism" as a euphemism for nationalism. They are the party of not being able to say the quiet part out loud.

“The far right”? Don’t forget the origins of the left and the oppressive direction it’s headed, and it’s history. Have at it, and all the while being bamboozled and scammed into believing that having a perpetual diaper rash about Trump will somehow bring utopia, what a delusional myth. Me? 100% American patriot, capitalist and freedom fighter, have the service record to prove it. If that bothers any “Anti-American” idealist, then good, it shows their lumped in with the historical bunch that have brought misery to millions.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, novacova said:

It’s not about the man “Trump” that a lot seem to get so obsessive about and have a perpetual diaper rash of it. The object is full tilt capitalism, which everyone here has capitalized on and not to mention which has brought most of the world out of poverty. 

If Trump engaged in capitalism I would have no problem with that. It is the robber baron M.O. he engages in, that is the issue. Most of his fortune was made on the hardship of others. He has broken the backs of 1,000s of small contractors, who have had the extremely bad fortune of working with him. Not to mention his working of the system, where he walked away with billions from his multiple bankruptcies. He is not called the Bankruptcy King for nothing.

31 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If Trump engaged in capitalism I would have no problem with that. It is the robber baron M.O. he engages in, that is the issue. Most of his fortune was made on the hardship of others. He has broken the backs of 1,000s of small contractors, who have had the extremely bad fortune of working with him. Not to mention his working of the system, where he walked away with billions from his multiple bankruptcies. He is not called the Bankruptcy King for nothing.

It sure beats State controlled business!

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

I would use the word "chauvinism" in it's original sense before it was co-opted into the battle against sex discrimination

"the strong and unreasonable belief that your own country or race is the best or most important"

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/chauvinism

Hilarious convoluted and contradictory being that all most of your posts with a political slant is overtly chauvinistic, and also using race as a prop is the ultimate racism. 

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The far right use "patriotism" as a euphemism for nationalism. They are the party of not being able to say the quiet part out loud.

Agree.  I'll go further to say that when the right mentions "patriots," they almost always mean "white nationalists."  Yes, they've hijacked the word.  A true patriot in the USA is one who never has to claim that he is one.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, novacova said:

Hilarious convoluted and contradictory being that all most of your posts with a political slant is overtly chauvinistic, and also using race as a prop is the ultimate racism. 

Most of my posts are based on this?

"the strong and unreasonable belief that your own country or race is the best or most important"

Confused much?

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Agree.  I'll go further to say that when the right mentions "patriots," they almost always mean "white nationalists."  Yes, they've hijacked the word.  A true patriot in the USA is one who never has to claim that he is one.

When the MAGA crowd uses "patriot" they mean loyalty to Trump.  It shows how far they've deviated from the true meaning of the word.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, novacova said:

There’s a lot of dead and limbless Americans that made a sacrifice that not only benefited Americans, but most of the world. Something that most freedom haters just don’t get. What you have right now is due to the fact. 

I am a bit confused. Who are the "freedom haters" you mention?

Edited by candide

8 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Sectarian rivals cheering their own team no matter what.

Exactly right. His supporters are blind to all his faults. And those supporters are too stupid to realise that what they accuse others of doing, they are doing themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, candide said:

I am a bit confused. Who are the "freedom haters" you mention?

Sorry, I have no interest in educating or explaining or saving anyone how to undo the mass transformation therapy they’ve been influenced by. ????

9 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Meaningless rambling.

How many people did Trump kill?

How many wars did his predecessors start? Think it got to double digits, just the few presidents before him.

Trump is diplomatic and wanted shake hands with Russia, which is the mature thing to do. And he's peaceful, unlike other presidents. But he's a capable leader, unlike other presidents.

Just admit it: he on the other side of your political views and you can't bring yourself to like anything about him. It's as simple as that.

Sectarian rivals cheering their own team no matter what.

Honestly, I must ask: why be a democrat? What benefits are there? Someone please name a few.

Well, at least you started your post right: meaningless rambling. 

To call Trump diplomatic is like calling the devil benevolent. And Trump is peaceful? Just take a look at his many, many speeches (talk about meaningless rambling) and see in how many of them he threatened someone with violence. Or incited his cult followers to commit violence.

Why be a democrat? For starters, (most) democrats are on the side of sanity and reason, while most republicans have apparently gone off the deep end and believe everything that a two-bit conman says. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And those supporters are too stupid

Such epithets are used due to the lack of sure direction, so subsequently with no straight narrow path of direction the resort of name calling is used when boxed in and flustered ????

29 minutes ago, novacova said:

Sorry, I have no interest in educating or explaining or saving anyone how to undo the mass transformation therapy they’ve been influenced by. ????

So just playing smartass. I get it!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Well, at least you started your post right: meaningless rambling. 

To call Trump diplomatic is like calling the devil benevolent. And Trump is peaceful?

He's the only one diplomatic enough to try to mend the problems with Russia

Just take a look at his many, many speeches (talk about meaningless rambling) and see in how many of them he threatened someone with violence. Or incited his cult followers to commit violence.

Doesn't really compare to killing countless people in the Middle East though, does it?

Why be a democrat? For starters, (most) democrats are on the side of sanity and reason, while most republicans have apparently gone off the deep end and believe everything that a two-bit conman says. 

You didn't really give any actual reasons here. Lol ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Doesn't really compare to killing countless people in the Middle East though, does it?

Do you really think Trump is diplomatic, or were you making a joke?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

You don’t think being on the side of reason and sanity (as opposed to chaos and lunacy) is a good enough reason?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Maybe if alienating EU members and NATO members is your idea of being "diplomatic enough".

As for killing countless people in the Middle East...you sure he wasn't responsible for any of that that? 

WAR OF ANNIHILATION

The four-month military operation to oust the armed group calling itself Islamic State (IS) from Raqqa, the Syrian city which IS had declared its capital, killed hundreds of civilians, injured many more and destroyed much of the city. During the course of the operation, from June to October 2017, homes, private and public
buildings and infrastructure were reduced to rubble or damaged beyond repair.
Residents were trapped, as fighting raged in Raqqa’s streets between IS militants and Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) fighters, and US-led Coalition’s air and artillery strikes rocked the city.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/files/reports/War of annihiliation report.pdf

Iraq: New reports place Mosul civilian death toll at more than ten times official estimates

Responding to reports made by the Associated Press that between 9000 to 11000 civilians have been killed in the battle for Mosul, Lynn Maalouf, Head of Research for Amnesty International in the Middle East said:

“We are horrified, but not surprised, by these new figures. These numbers are directly in line with our previous findings that thousands of civilians were killed during the battle for Mosul – and that these deaths were caused not only by the so-called Islamic State group, but also by Iraqi and coalition forces.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2017/12/iraq-new-reports-place-mosul-civilian-death-toll-at-more-than-ten-times-official-estimates/

2017 Mosul airstrike

The 2017 Mosul airstrike, was an American bombing in the al-Aghawat al-Jadidah neighborhood in western Mosul on 17 March 2017 that killed 278 civilians.[3][4] The incident was the largest single death toll inflicted by a coalition air strike since the 2003 invasion of Iraq by U.S. forces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Mosul_airstrike

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, novacova said:

“The far right”? Don’t forget the origins of the left and the oppressive direction it’s headed, and it’s history. Have at it, and all the while being bamboozled and scammed into believing that having a perpetual diaper rash about Trump will somehow bring utopia, what a delusional myth. Me? 100% American patriot, capitalist and freedom fighter, have the service record to prove it. If that bothers any “Anti-American” idealist, then good, it shows their lumped in with the historical bunch that have brought misery to millions.

I’m not really anti-American,  not an idealist either. I’m just really very much anti Americans who describe themselves as “100% American patriot, capitalist and freedom fighter”. That alone is enough to set off quite a few red flags for me.

And that remark about being lumped in with the historical bunch that have brought misery to millions? I think the USA doesn’t have a very honorable history in that respect. For one thing, G.W. Bush and his neo-con cronies (your guys, right?) have been responsible for creating a huge mess in the Middle East, hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the creation of very favorable circumstances for countless numbers of young muslims to become radicalized, something the world is still suffering from today. That has brought misery to millions, and is still bringing misery to millions more. All because a bunch of neo-con sh!t for brains were so eager to go to war that they fabricated ‘evidence’ (Saddam has weapons of mass destruction!) to be able to do so. 

14 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

You don’t think being on the side of reason and sanity (as opposed to chaos and lunacy) is a good enough reason?

I think conservatives are on the side of sanity.

The liberals have a screw loose these days.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

I’m just really very much anti Americans who describe themselves as “100% American patriot, capitalist....

What's wrong with being a patriot and a capitalist?

Would you rather live under a communist totalitarian government??

Capitalism is the only way to freedom and independence.