Where to exchange Cambodian Riel Money in Pattaya?

driveout

I cant find any place in pattaya that can do it, can someone help me and give me some information how to do it? Should i go to the boarder to do it?

Is there any place in pattaya cambodian people are around or there is some Cambodian shop? Tt seems there is not even a Cambodian restaurant in pattaya.

On 7/11/2023 at 5:34 PM, driveout said:

I cant find any place in pattaya that can do it, can someone help me and give me some information how to do it? Should i go to the boarder to do it?

Is there any place in pattaya cambodian people are around or there is some Cambodian shop? Tt seems there is not even a Cambodian restaurant in pattaya.

the riel is not a traded currency outside the country so take $$$
You can change Baht easily
No Cambodian restaurants in Pattaya?  I'm shocked, as it some of the worst food in SE asia 

No places will turn down $$$, but might give ya ur change in Riel:

Pay for ur visa (VOA $30) 

US Dollar notes below 100  are no longer available.

not true at all
atm's will give ya $20's and even $10's ( just withdraw $290) an most establishments will give you $10, 20, 50's in change + riel
$1, 2 & 5's are hard to come by
atms fees range from $5 -8 /transaction
thai baht can be  used in Koh Kong, Palin an Poi Pet
I just returned back to Phuket after 16 months living in Kep>  
Happy to be back here  ????

Edited by zzzzz
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, zzzzz said:

atm's will give ya $20's and even $10's

Most ATMs in Cambodia NOW only have $100, 20k riel and 50k riel notes. Those with $10 and $20 notes are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

As for the OP, I'm a bit baffled. Who in their right mind takes riel abroad when leaving Cambodia?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/11/2023 at 5:34 PM, driveout said:

ever HEARD of a BANK??????????????????????

14 hours ago, Caldera said:

Most ATMs in Cambodia NOW only have $100, 20k riel and 50k riel notes. Those with $10 and $20 notes are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Yes indeed - thanks. Recently my bank has started to issue the new 100,000 riel note in its ATMs:-

image.jpeg.c68adff8b5d52710d60b6c90a85b39e9.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Interesting. I have now lived in Siem Reap for 3 years.

The major banks (ABA for example) in Siem Reap, their ATMs only issue 100$ bills. 

If you have a Cambodian bank account like I do, there are no ATM fees whatever bank you use. If you use a foreign bank card the fee is usually 10$. That is what I had to pay when using my Bangkok Bank Debit card (now defunct as I no longer have a Thai bank account.)

IMO Khmer food is some of the best. There are many award winning restaurants in Siem Reap. It is personal choice of course, as Khmer food is not packed with taste destroying and mouth burning chillies as in Thai food.

Sounds ok to me. How is Siem Reap compared to Chiang Mai?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bignok said:

Sounds ok to me. How is Siem Reap compared to Chiang Mai?

Very similar to a certain extent (living standards) but no extensive mountain scenery other than the local distant Kulen Mountains. Plenty of bars, restaurants and night life. Many supermarkets including a MAKRO. Nearby is the UNESCO Angor Wat Archaeological Park. Totally hassle free when applying for/extending a visa - no need for a bank account with mandatory deposits. No 90 day reports. There is an International airport, like CNX. On the downside are medical facilities. Yes there are private clinics and hospitals but should one need major treatment people cross the border to Ubon Ratchathani with its Thai hospitals.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Burma Bill said:

Very similar to a certain extent (living standards) but no extensive mountain scenery other than the local distant Kulen Mountains. Plenty of bars, restaurants and night life. Many supermarkets including a MAKRO. Nearby is the UNESCO Angor Wat Archaeological Park. Totally hassle free when applying for/extending a visa - no need for a bank account with mandatory deposits. No 90 day reports. There is an International airport, like CNX. On the downside are medical facilities. Yes there are private clinics and hospitals but should one need major treatment people cross the border to Ubon Ratchathani with its Thai hospitals.

Women ok? Crime? Condo rent about the same as Chiang Mai?

15 minutes ago, bignok said:

Women ok? Crime? Condo rent about the same as Chiang Mai?

At 79 going out looking for women is not my scene these days, but they are available in the NIGHT bazaar and PUB street areas. Crime - basically petty theft. There are no condo blocks in Siem Reap due to height restrictions. All buildings MUST NOT  exceed the height of Angkor Wat on religious grounds. So, the maximum height of any building is 5 floors! There are, of course, many apartments to rent. I rent the complete upper floor of a villa style building whilst my landlord and his family live on the ground floor. I have a balcony, with furniture, which leads into a part furnished lounge area and kitchen area. There is an adjoning toilet/shower room. Then a very large furnished bedroom with a second toilet/shower room and air conditioning. The rent per month is 300 US$ (just over 10,000 Thai baht per month) which includes water and refuse collection. Electricity and internet is seperate. Photos:

image.thumb.jpeg.fe2181e79172baf928feea4e259c0c68.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dec837e19765e3b59360860d0e08549d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.84adc4348450519364cea48d6389d92a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1c92062c7a0dc27617e85f6934c04b05.jpeg

• Thanks 1