What is the N2 counter for Chaengwattana

3 hours ago, Gaccha said:

The N counter is used for non-business work, such as diplomats, experts, teachers, as well as students and monks.

But what is the N2 subgroup specifically? 

Believe the N is just an alphabetic counter name.  J K L M N

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough.

I'm asking what is N2. I already know what N is. 

It doesn't refer to a particular area. It refers to a particular group of applicants who fall within the N group. Who are this group? 

4 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough.

I'm asking what is N2. I already know what N is. 

It doesn't refer to a particular area. It refers to a particular group of applicants who fall within the N group. Who are this group? 

That I don't know - try to avoid CW except for yearly extension time.  As for Diplomatic believe that would be Embassy workers rather than those here on diplomatic visas and suspect many using counter N would be Thai officials presenting paperwork rather than foreign individuals themselves.

5 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

N2 desk

There is no such thing as N2 desk.

There is a subgroup of N, which share with N1 group, the N counters.

It could be extremely useful for me to know which group of visa holders they are.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, Gaccha said:

The N counter is used for non-business work, such as diplomats, experts, teachers, as well as students and monks.

But what is the N2 subgroup specifically? 

The N2 section used to be only for diplomats, monks etc, there is actually a waiting room next to it, but over the years, it has been taken over by large group education and teacher visas, they still do the other visas, but because of the agents and their large group visas, the section sometimes becomes even slower than N1 section

19 hours ago, humbug said:

the section sometimes becomes even slower than N1 section

That's interesting. I found that all but one of the N1 counters were converted/turned into N2 counters for the entire morning. 

If things stay the same, it makes sense for me to go very late in the day. Around 3pm.

3 hours ago, Gaccha said:

That's interesting. I found that all but one of the N1 counters were converted/turned into N2 counters for the entire morning. 

If things stay the same, it makes sense for me to go very late in the day. Around 3pm.

I have no idea, why that would happen nowadays, usually N1 can go into 150-200 ticket numbers and more if busy to 250-300, but N2 normally goes to 100-150, but there is actually only 2 desks for N2, and about 8-9 desks for N1, so maybe they were just so slow with agency students, teacher visa/extensions clogging up N2, they had to use N1 desks to quicken the process up,

but actually when they first N-section operated at Chaeng Wattana, N2 was only just for more rare extension/visas like monks, diplomatic etc,

and N1 was supposed to be for students,education, teachers,

but agents for school and students and their piles of passports, turned N2 into a little agent/immigration  desk at the back of N-Section,

overall, it can get quite slow at N section for everyone no matter was visa/extension you have

But I did notice last time I went recently, the numbers of people at immigration were very low, like half the amount of people normally there, so maybe N1 didn't have a long waiting list, and could help out, but I haven't seen it that empty for a long time

Edited by humbug
  • Thanks 1