A couple of questions about getting a tourist visa in Vientianne

From Vientiane consulate.

Visa Application Hours:09.00 – 12.00 hours, Monday – Friday (except Thai & Lao official holidays)

Visa Collection Hours:13.30 – 16.00 hours, 2 days after submitting the application, e.g. Monday submission, Wednesday collection; Friday submission, Tuesday collection

Always use the official consulate site for requirements, but your link appears to be accurate.

https://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/page/tourist-visa-2?menu=63bcd875e8b39d00fd0e7513

It takes 2 days to get the visa, so if you apply on Tuesday, you pick up your passport and visa on Thursday.

I applied last week in Vientiane for a Non-immigrant O visa, so the requirements are different, but they didn't deviate from the list.

They seemed most interested in the financial evidence from what I saw, so the more you bring the better.

You need a appointment to apply at Vientiane, there are no walk ups.  The consulate is closed on July 20 for a Lao holiday and July 28 for a Thai holiday.

https://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/page/office-hours-and-holiday?menu=63bb90d69da54379d32269a3

The great thing about applying for a tourist visa at the Vientiane embassy is that you can be confident of your application being approved if you meet their published requirements. The only possible exception is if you already have multiple tourist visa visible in your passport that were issued specifically at Vientiane. At virtually all the other Thai embassies/consulates, nasty surprises can occur if you have any kind of extensive history as a tourist in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Aionss888 said:

Thanks guys, think I should be okay. What time can you pick the visa up on the collection day? Just thinking if I can get to Thailand on the same day.

Already answered by Stratocaster above

"Visa Collection Hours: 13.30 – 16.00 hours, 2 days after submitting the application"

Edited by Pattaya57

21 minutes ago, Aionss888 said:

Thanks guys, think I should be okay. What time can you pick the visa up on the collection day? Just thinking if I can get to Thailand on the same day.

i think its a ploy to get u to stay on that boring town and drop money....was bad enough having to stay overnight and buy a laos visa but now appears to be a TWO day stay....sigh..

you pick it up after lunch there with the other 300+ people...they used to give you a # ticket so the first to drop off are first to pick up

• Like 1