Crackdown Success: Foreign Nationals Arrested in Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, shackleton said:

Keep up the good work arrest all illegal foreigners   fine and deport

If involved in serious violations jail them ???? then deport ????

Make Thailand a place where tourists and expats can enjoy their

stay safely ????

Has a foreign fruit seller made you or someone you know feel "unsafe" in the past?

I find these sort of outspoken rants by foreigners a bit weird, 

15 hours ago, webfact said:

The public is encouraged to report any illegal activities or information related to foreign nationals to Surat Thani Provincial Police at hotline number 1178 for further investigation.

I would have expected the above sentence to have either been preceded by something like  "  the officer went on to say" or followed by " said the officer

Instead it is made to appear, to me anyway, as advice from "asean now" 

9 hours ago, Bigz said:

I always wonder why are these suspects posing with the cops for the photos. If it was me I would refuse unless threatened by violence....are they forced to do so in Thailand? Anyone knows here?

You seem like a real hero to me:cheesy:

Sure doesn't take much to make the front page and get your pic in the paper? One ruskie and one vietnam lady with a plastic bucket fruit seller out of how many illegals roaming around....what's next?

Breaking News:  Falang fined 100 baht for not wearing helmet.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Yes, absolutely right!

Thailand has become a safe heaven for scumbags and fugitives from all over the world including United States, Great Britain, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Romania, China, South Korea, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, etc.

Tighten the visa rules for selected countries! Cancel Visa Free and Visa on Arrival schemes for those countries!

Why not also deport all the listed nationalities who are already here (plus Australia/NZ who you missed off the list)?  Thailand for Thais, right? ????

22 hours ago, novacova said:

You forgot to mention your country, so throw all countries in the lump of prejudice as well 

He could have wrote: make it hard for everyone but me....

On 7/17/2023 at 2:24 PM, Ginner said:

Vietnamese person Sells fruit on the streets, they are a threat to the security and safety to Thai nationals and foreign tourist. REALLY???????

Well she has taken a job that I Thai can do, that's the law.

Hence, a Thai sells now fruits instead of Yaa Baa and does't become a criminal addict, mugging or passing at high speed by and snatches your necklace..  ????  

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:06 PM, Jackbenimble said:

the fruit seller wasn't described as "a threat to the security and safety to Thai nationals and foreign tourist". The Bit Coin scamming Russian was afforded that pleasure. 

May I suggest you read the first paragraph again. The one in bold.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Reginald Prewster said:

Well she has taken a job that I Thai can do, that's the law.

Hence, a Thai sells now fruits instead of Yaa Baa and does't become a criminal addict, mugging or passing at high speed by and snatches your necklace..  ????  

The only nationality I have ever been mugged by and burgled by, were Thai nationals. Police took no action in both cases, even though they had CCTV footage of the mugging (outside a shopping mall) and an eye witness who saw the 2  Thai nationals breaking into and leaving my house.

4 hours ago, Ginner said:

The only nationality I have ever been mugged by and burgled by, were Thai nationals. Police took no action in both cases, even though they had CCTV footage of the mugging (outside a shopping mall) and an eye witness who saw the 2  Thai nationals breaking into and leaving my house.

It's hardly a surprise that most crime in Thailand is committed by Thai nationals! 

On 7/17/2023 at 1:21 PM, Bigz said:

I always wonder why are these suspects posing with the cops for the photos. If it was me I would refuse unless threatened by violence....are they forced to do so in Thailand? Anyone knows here?

What crime are you expecting to be arrested for that will warrant a photo opportunity?

4 hours ago, Ginner said:

useless to say that there are no Thai thieves, they are called: HGPRE's

(highly graduated property redistribution experts) so why they should selling fruits?

Crossbreeding would be a solution:

Cambodians and Thais ... The outcome might be a thief too lazy to steal but allowed to sell fruits..