RFK Jr. accused of antisemitism, racism after remarks about COVID, Ashkenazi Jews

Social Media

6 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

There is legitimate inquiry into whether endocrine disruptors and other chemicals in tap water and from other sources my affect gender and sexuality.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1281309/

If this is what he he means, he may not be so looney on this point.

Yes, we have unnatural contaminants in our air, ground and water.  We don't know what the long term consequences are.  Industries that create and profit from these contaminants need to be better regulated.  Which party is more likely to do that?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Yes, we have unnatural contaminants in our air, ground and water.  We don't know what the long term consequences are.  Industries that create and profit from these contaminants need to be better regulated.  Which party is more likely to do that?

Yes, I know. I am in favor of stricter regulations on what can be done to our soil, air and water.

It won't be the Republicans that will do anything about that.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Yes, of course you can say anything you want (within forum rules), and we are free to criticize what you said. If you say something which is racist or antisemitic than we are left to conclude that you may be a racist or an antisemite.

Who, exactly took away RFK Jr's freedom of speech?

You're confusing criticism with censorship. A common symptom of Conservative Aggrievement Disorder.

They have laws that are used to take away freedom of speech.

It doesn't just have to be racist either, it can be anything considered offensive.

• Haha 2

A troll post as well as the same post asking "Why is this News" has been removed.

17. The ASEAN NOW news team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and international sources, and republishes them in the news forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our news team works hard to bring quality content to the news forums and should be respected for their efforts. Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are disrespectful and unwelcome. Such comments will be sanctioned. Original articles, especially in the Thai or foreign language press can sometimes have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ASEAN NOW is not responsible for these nor does ASEAN NOW have the right to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ASEAN NOW is not responsible for any opinions reflected or quoted in reprinted news stories.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

They have laws against saying "offensive things" which is so vague that a young man was arrested in the UK for calling a police horse gay.

And the charges were only dropped because of the public attention it had gotten for being so ridiculous.

There's no freedom of speech with these kind of laws.

These laws are more dangerous than anything a person could say.

The UK is not the US, and in the UK the absurdity of the arrest led to charges being dropped.

Police make mistakes.  Free speech and a free press are essential to identifying and correcting those mistakes.  Both in the case of the UK "gay horse" nonsense and the nonsense Kennedy is saying.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The UK is not the US, and in the UK the absurdity of the arrest led to charges being dropped.

Yes, but think of all the cases that don't get widespread media attention and therefore charges don't get dropped.

Being arrested for speech is absurd enough in every case and it shouldn't happen.

44 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Police make mistakes.  Free speech and a free press are essential to identifying and correcting those mistakes.  Both in the case of the UK "gay horse" nonsense and the nonsense Kennedy is saying.

Yeah, the problem with the UK's offensive speech laws and America's hate speech laws is that they are subjective, meaning that you are arrested -- not because of what you said (objectively) because they are just words-- but because of someone's opinion of what you said, their interpretation of your words, and whether or not they became offended.....which is absolutely ludicrous because it's so easy to exploit this law and basically arrest someone based on their feelings and opinions rather than objective facts.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

Yes, but think of all the cases that don't get widespread media attention and therefore charges don't get dropped.

Being arrested for speech is absurd enough in every case and it shouldn't happen.

Yeah, the problem with the UK's offensive speech laws and America's hate speech laws is that they are subjective, meaning that you are arrested -- not because of what you said (objectively) because they are just words-- but because of someone's opinion of what you said, their interpretation of your words, and whether or not they became offended.....which is absolutely ludicrous because it's so easy to exploit this law and basically arrest someone based on their feelings and opinions rather than objective facts.

That's your opinion, not an objective fact.

• Thanks 1

For those who want to read and learn about how covid effects different ethnicities, here's some published research papers for you with the titles of the papers after the link to said papers.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7439997/    

ACE2 coding variants in different populations and their potential impact on SARS-CoV-2 binding affinity.

https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12916-020-01673-z  

New insights into genetic susceptibility of COVID-19: an ACE2 and TMPRSS2 polymorphism analysis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7886638/    

Variants in ACE2; potential influences on virus infection and COVID-19 severity.

https://ascpt.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdfdirect/10.1002/cpt.2499?download=true    

Features of Inflammatory Heart Reactions Following mRNA COVID- 19 Vaccination at a Global Level.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7417663/      

Genetic Analysis of the Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 Host Protease TMPRSS in Different Populations

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S006524232100055X    

Host polymorphisms and COVID-19 infection.

18 hours ago, ozimoron said:

You think anti-semitic and racist remarks should be protected as free speech?

Well, I've read and heard plenty of racist and discriminatory things about my own race, religion, and gender.

And as much as it displeases me, I think their freedom of speech is more important than my feelings.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

If you want to know where the truth threat to free speech lies in the United States, don't look to the criminal courts but rather the civil courts. We're wealthy people including one former president repeatedly filed baseless suits against people who can't afford court costs and whose speech displeases them in order to silence these critics. Is Is that a matter of concern to you?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

No, it isn't.

If a case doesn't get media attention - that's a fact.

If a case doesn't get dropped - that's a fact.

but because of someone's opinion of what you said, their interpretation of your words, and whether or not they became offended.....which is absolutely ludicrous because it's so easy to exploit this law and basically arrest someone based on their feelings and opinions rather than objective facts.

Purely subjective.

50 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

"it's so easy to exploit this law and basically arrest someone based on their feelings and opinions rather than objective facts."

Why don't you illustrate this with some examples from the US?

Could it be that you don't have any?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

eah, the problem with the UK's offensive speech laws and America's hate speech laws is that they are subjective, meaning that you are arrested

The US does not have hate speech laws. BTW I notice that my nose hairs need to be trimmed, lucky for me  have my FOX news nose hair trimmer handy.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Strange you say that, because his political positions are not ‘all Democrat’.

Not 'all Democrat" at all.  A case of horseshoe theory?

image.png.05757656507440d9a273b2c99c79a106.png

Amazingly, Dennis Kucinich is his campaign manager.  Cleveland famously went bankrupt when Kucinich was its mayor.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, placeholder said:

And here's another:

A review of the endocrine disrupting effects of micro and nano plastic and their associated chemicals in mammals

Approximately, 1000 chemicals classified as endocrine disruptor chemicals (EDCs) alter the expression of various hormone receptors and interfere with the synthesis, secretion, transport, and action of hormones, leading to endocrine and developmental abnormalities (2324). Nearly nine different forms of MPs are reported in human feces from multiple countries, clearly validating the presence of MPs in the human food chain and warning us about their harmful effects on human health (25). MPs and their composite toxic additives can cross various biological membranes, blood-brain barriers and both can interfere with various hormone receptors, thereby disrupting different hypothalamic axes such as the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis [HPT], the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis [HPA], and hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis (HPG; Figure 1) (232629). 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9885170/

Just because RFK is a loon most of time, that doesn't mean he's a loon all the time. Even a stopped clock...

Nonyl phenol ethoxylates ( nonionic surfactants ) are implicated in endocrine disruption. They are still used in many laundry and dishwashing formulas. They are not removed by water treatment processes.

Having said that, RFK's comments on COVID vaccination IMO put him in the ratbag category. I wonder how many people died because they believed him.

On 7/17/2023 at 10:31 AM, bamnutsak said:

He had me until he mentioned that the U.S. bio-labs are in the Ukraine.

Huh?

Video can be viewed here: https://nypost.com/2023/07/15/rfk-jr-says-covid-was-ethnically-targeted-to-spare-jews/

Honestly this chap is loopy AF. His family should intervene before he says something even more epically stoopid.

That's actually true -- or rather it's been reported as true (who know what's true anymore).

https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/after-months-of-denial-u-s-admits-to-running-ukraine-biolabs/

3 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

That's actually true -- or rather it's been reported as true (who know what's true anymore).

https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/after-months-of-denial-u-s-admits-to-running-ukraine-biolabs/

"Ukraine has dozens of public health laboratories that work to research and mitigate the threats of dangerous diseases.

Some of these labs receive financial and other support from the US, the European Union and the World Health Organization (WHO) - as is the case in many other countries.

Despite Russian claims that these are "secret" labs, details of US involvement can be found on the US embassy's website."  https://www.bbc.com/news/60711705

Laboratories owned by the Ukraine government that receive some funding from a number of sources, including the US, and not a secret.

Regarding your source:

"We are proud and excited to announce the launching of the new website for the People’s World. This accomplishment truly represents the 21st Century Marxist press. Below is a message from the Editor of the People’s World. Check out the site, and keep your eye out for the new Communist Party site in coming weeks."  https://www.cpusa.org/article/welcome-to-the-new-people-s-world-online/

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I wonder how many people died because they believed him.

Parents who lost children to measels, who were unvaccinated, in American Samoa are asking the same question.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

No, it isn't.

If a case doesn't get media attention - that's a fact.

If a case doesn't get dropped - that's a fact.

So the public prosecutors don’t review cases, they read the papers and then decide which cases to drop and which cases to proceed with?

Utter nonsense.

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Well, I've read and heard plenty of racist and discriminatory things about my own race, religion, and gender.

And as much as it displeases me, I think their freedom of speech is more important than my feelings.

I think the ability for you to be free to insult and vilify minorities is more important for you. It's not about your feeling, it's their feelings. The old canard that offense is only taken not given.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1