US ‘concerned’ about developments in legal system after Thailand’s election

snoop1130

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

I don't think you can disagree with the fact that China and Russia are bad. They certainly meddle a lot in the goings on of other countries.

Speaking of "meddling in the goings on of other countries?"  The figure that the US government has around 750 bases in 80 countries is a estimate that can be corroborated from multiple sources on the Internet.  I like graphics.

1669635761_Screenshotfrom2023-07-2017-23-16.png.97e73fb795754e22c36742d22620f801.png

Source: Aljazeera

Do I think Russia and China are "bad?" 
I believe that Russia and China are just like Henry Kissinger's quote regarding the Untied States.
“America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests”

I'd posit that Russia and China work primarily in their own interests.  So I could change Kissinger's quote as such to fit this looming multi-polar world:
"Large, nuclear-capable nations are neither good nor bad, but only a reflection of their own global interests."

That applies to the US, Russia, China, and EU post-colonial states.  The only difference? 
The Sun is setting in the West and rising in the East.  Like it or not.  Good or bad?  <shrugs> It depends on the color of your personal "reality goggles" I guess.

I see war, economic and kinetic, as bad.
I see international cooperation and trade as good.

That's how my personal "reality goggles" are focused.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

You don't even need to think about the US to know if Russia or China are bad.

They do bad things, they say bad things.  They are bad countries.

I guess you hope to argue "look how bad the US is, therefore Russia and China aren't bad", but it simply doesn't work like that.

Ok. I value everyone's opinion whether I agree with them or not.  I'm not out to change your mind.  Cheers!

On 7/19/2023 at 3:58 PM, sandyf said:

Hardly the same Bill, not seen much in the way of Russian and Chinese troops being deployed around the world.

If you paid much attn to the developing world you would know that the Commie powers use proxies...have always done that...while the US has been trying to at least change from supporting extremist govts that have at least treaty-wise allowed them to station troops in a country to train the locals and provide jobs that most foreigners long for.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

No you wont get it.  You werent brought up to get it.  Your govt and news medias do everything in their power to make sure you dont get it.  The education you were provided makes sure you dont get it.  However thanks to the internet and social media today allowing people to make up their own minds we are more and more starting to hear the words "We started it, WE are the bad guys!"

You know nothing about me, the media I read, or my education.

I'd put my education and understanding of world affairs against yours anytime.  Especially because you're either intentionally setting up a straw man or you're just too bad at reading comprehension to accurately comment on what I said.

Pretty ironic for someone setting themselves up as a superior intellect here.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

No you wont get it.  You werent brought up to get it.  Your govt and news medias do everything in their power to make sure you dont get it.  The education you were provided makes sure you dont get it.  However thanks to the internet and social media today allowing people to make up their own minds we are more and more starting to hear the words "We started it, WE are the bad guys!"

Sigh

Here we go again.

quote "We started it, WE are the bad guys!"

Can you please explain who WE are?

You certainly are not speaking for me, nor for many other people'

You are speaking for yourself and possibly others, but not necessarily for the majority of other people.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

The U.S. did.  And did more than that, it suspended military aid.  The interwebs can be your friend if you know how to use them.

or if you care enough about a topic to look

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 10:01 AM, sscc said:

None of USA business 

So strange that people get worked up about "The U.S. supports a democratic outcome in this election."  I guess if you're for the ruling junta, and truly don't care about democracy, or you are Chinese, this would upset you.

• Like 2