Tragic twist: Aussie teen’s suspicious death in Thailand fuels family’s heartfelt repatriation quest

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

to repatriate his body after his suspicious death in Thailand.

This makes no sense to me, If he died in suspicious circumstances, then surely an Autopsy would need to be carried out, thereby the cause of death would be known, drugs, alcohol, accident, there is something his family are keeping from us. IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:
1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Make sure you take a weapon with you and a few mates also with weapons lol

Millions go no issues. Can't be that bad.

Yes, a 99.99%+ safe return home rate for visitors is pretty good.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

If any family member of mine died on that island I'd want an intact body returned home for a proper autopsy not just one that says 'heart stopped'.

"...not just one that says 'heart stopped'".

And when has that ever been reported?

• Like 1

It would appear that a certain expert on the many deaths on kho Tao needs to do a little bit of research on the higher than normal unexplained or conveniently solved deaths in this place.

A good one to start with would be the 2 English backpackers and the 2 Burmese guys fitted up for their deaths, followed by the numerous others that haven't really rated as being too important (to some). 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

This makes no sense to me, If he died in suspicious circumstances, then surely an Autopsy would need to be carried out,

Only two full days have passed since he died, how quickly do you think a postmortem can be arranged, performed and a cause of death established?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Artisi said:

It would appear that a certain expert on the many deaths on kho Tao needs to do a little bit of research on the higher than normal unexplained or conveniently solved deaths in this place.

A good one to start with would be the 2 English backpackers and the 2 Burmese guys fitted up for their deaths, followed by the numerous others that haven't really rated as being too important (to some). 

You mean the Australian who claims to be an expert but never even set foot on the island?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

The twist is the family are upstanding people prepared to pay the repatriation expenses rather than bludge off the public.

Hahahahahaha, only joking.

image.png.f2d29a3fb093e62183948f887ad6a3dd.png

With that sort of cash, they can repatriate their lad's body AND pay the cops to find out what happened.

It will probably not be what happened mind you.

20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
55 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

This makes no sense to me, If he died in suspicious circumstances, then surely an Autopsy would need to be carried out,

Only two full days have passed since he died, how quickly do you think a postmortem can be arranged, performed and a cause of death established?

Thai law says any death of a foreigner must be investigated and an autopsy carried out, not necessarily just the 'suspicious' ones. Recalling previous events and 'mysteries', the autopsy will be done at some police hospital down Surat Thani way. There's nothing to stop a second autopsy being carried out on the repatriation of the lad's body. I recall that this is also the case in the UK where a Coroner's inquest is performed. Unfortunately, the findings are diminished by the time elapsed since the death and there may also be difficulties getting the original autopsy report.

Edited by NanLaew

News Summary:
Australian teen died on Koh Tao, we won't tell you how.

Family needs money for repatriation.

yes, it's pretty obvious that a big part all of the story is missing, I wonder why Thai authorities don't say anything more, or why the "Thaiger" wasn't able to slip a thousand or a couple to a police officer or an emergency worker to get the story.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:
25 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

suspicious circumstances, then surely an Autopsy would need to be carried out,

Expand  

Thai law says any death of a foreigner must be investigated and an autopsy carried out

I know that, what's that got to do with my comment?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thai law says any death of a foreigner must be investigated and an autopsy carried out, not necessarily just the 'suspicious' ones. Recalling previous events and 'mysteries', the autopsy will be done at some police hospital down Surat Thani way. There's nothing to stop a second autopsy being carried out on the repatriation of the lad's body. I recall that this is also the case in the UK where a Coroner's inquest is performed. Unfortunately, the findings are diminished by the time elapsed since the death and there may also be difficulties getting the original autopsy report.

I think i'm right in saying that a second autopsy can be carried out as a matter of urgency on request in Thailand at a selected hospital of your choice providing you pay the costs.

Now if you had any doubt regarding the accuracy of the first autopsy surely one would want a second opinion.

Just sayin like......

21 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thai law says any death of a foreigner must be investigated and an autopsy carried out, not necessarily just the 'suspicious' ones

Not according to the British Embassy's reply. read that and my comment to them. They say if died in hospital from illness not required, but you try telling that to your local cops they told me it's the law but it isn't, up to them if they say must go for autopsy, there is nothing that you can do or say that will change their mind.

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

That damned Koh Tao island yet again!

Embassies need to be acting on this, far too many unexplained and suspicious deaths in that bloody place.

Insurance companies also need to specify cover invalidated while there. 

Although it probably already falls into the 'high risk' small print.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5908851/most-deadly-countries-world-young-british-deaths-cambodia-thailand-spain/

"Britons under 40 are more likely to die in Cambodia and Thailand than any other countries in the world, a Sun online investigation has revealed."

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
51 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I know that, what's that got to do with my comment?

What comment you have made sooo many.

Don't worry about it, it wasn't one that I made to you.

Edited by Liverpool Lou