Aussies retain The Ashes

bignok

1 hour ago, Goat said:

We are talking about England, who we are winning the cricket against. Not the entire UK. 

Big difference there mate. Nice try.

My mistake. Apologies. Here you go.

Performance at the Summer Olympics:

England: Gold 229 Silver 268 Bronze 264

Australia: Gold 164 Silver 173 Bronze 210

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Seems to be common gripe.

I have been accused of not liking Brits also.

I have many Welsh, Scottish and Irish friends. 

They dont speak highly of the English i must admit.

You should hear what my Kiwi friends say about the Aussies.

Actually, just as well you don't: I have to cover my ears; me being of a delicate English disposition.

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

....and they will see a team that is superior in nearly all departments to Aussie side.

That win was a lot like the recent Thai election.

They didnt just try and cheat one way, they tried them all.

Pitches doctored to favor England (the 250 senators), the captain appealing a dropped catch that he knew he dropped {Pita's media shares}, shortening the boundaries (vote buying} and the changing of the old ball for a near brand new one ( the military coup}

Anyway, we retained the ashes as usual and when the Aussies look in the mirror they will see the "Spirit of Cricket shining brightly back at them.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Goat said:

That win was a lot like the recent Thai election.

They didnt just try and cheat one way, they tried them all.

Pitches doctored to favor England (the 250 senators), the captain appealing a dropped catch that he knew he dropped {Pita's media shares}, shortening the boundaries (vote buying} and the changing of the old ball for a near brand new one ( the military coup}

Anyway, we retained the ashes as usual and when the Aussies look in the mirror they will see the "Spirit of Cricket shining brightly back at them.

Good comparison. Yes i think they were robbed by the ball change. Usman said it was the hardest ball he face all series.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bignok said:

Good comparison. Yes i think they were robbed by the ball change. Usman said it was the hardest ball he face all series.

Yes, they carry on like old moles about maintaining the ball with a bit of sandpaper.

Doesnt reall compare to changing the whole bloody ball does it?

• Haha 1

Just now, Goat said:

Yes, they carry on like old moles about maintaining the ball with a bit of sandpaper.

Doesnt reall compare to changing the whole bloody ball does it?

Yes. That ball swung and bounced more than guests at a swingers party.

On 7/24/2023 at 1:05 PM, Goat said:

Aussie sport broadcaster Gerard Whateley also delivered a scathing rant when speaking on his SEN radio show, slamming England for claiming to be “moral victors”.

“Seriously, cry me a river England,” he said.

“The bleating coming from the other side of the world – honestly. You’d think there had never been a Test match washed away. And that the weather had never assisted the home team’s endeavours previously.”

He went on to say England had been selective in their memory and said the home team had been “shameless” in preparing pitches that best suited their advantage.

“In defeat they have claimed to be moral victors,” he said.

“They have applied the letter if the law and the spirit of the game selectively to suit their actions. They have whinged relentlessly.

I could not have said it better myself. They have their heads shoved up their own ....... they believe their own bullsh..

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/it-is-wrong-england-is-so-salty-it-hurts-after-fourth-test-hypocrisy/news-story/569d6a27b23263ce3d51d21aa8d3b97f

Gerard Whateley.

Still trying to be Bruce McAvaney.

Nope????????

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bignok said:

That ball change is the dodgiest decision Ive seen in 30 years.

In 30 years …. Well, maybe you don’t remember the decision only 5 years ago, to take sandpaper onto the field of play at Newlands against South Africa; oh but that wasn’t a ball change by the umpires was it, it was completely changing the ball they already had, because it wouldn’t swing for the poor little luvvies.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1