16th retirement extension Non-O but Thai wife has spent my 800k.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

The 800K account should be in your sole name, so how can she access it? 

She used my ATM card. She's been using it for years with my permission without a problem as I'm often too lazy to drive into town. Only recently has the balance been down to 800k.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vatman said:

She used my ATM card. She's been using it for years with my permission without a problem as I'm often too lazy to drive into town. Only recently has the balance been down to 800k.

So come on, was there Bht 1.6M in the account, which your Mrs has pared down to LESS THAN Bht 800k? Sounds like BS to me.

• Sad 6

I'm suffering similar at the mo'. Some Thai women can be secretive and crafty.

Have to think without their services. That's probably going to see an agent for the extension.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Vatman said:

Apparently you are on overstay, since the day she withdrew all the money , your retirement extension is effectively cancelled.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Apparently you are on overstay, since the day she withdrew all the money , your retirement extension is effectively cancelled.

Indeed.

Another option for OP is to exit Thailand without a reentry permit.

OP you won't be fined overstay at departure. 

The io at departure may point out that you do not have a reentry permit.

Just answer that you are aware of that. 

Return visa exempt and start over with a conversion to new non O retirement or marriage.

Messy but an option 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

If running a business in trouble, and resolving issues for a problem grown-up daughter, it does not take long to blow through $25,000+.

It is easy to criticise, but "there but for the grace of God..."  Mistakes and bad things can happen to generally good and intelligent people.

37 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

2 hours ago, Vatman said:

An Aussie ex-professor who lived in our village on retirement extensions had health problems & sent his Thai wife to the Oz embassy in Bangkok to renew his passport for him but his photos were rejected (as were mine once). His wife returned the 200 miles back to tell her husband she needed to make another 400 mile round trip with more acceptable photos. He said `forget the new passport.' He died in the village 7 years later on a 7 year overstay. My wife quoted this, questioning why I need to keep extending every year when nobody checks. I tell her times have changed.

Hmm. A professor who does not care that he must be legally staying in the country that has given him a wife, a life, and a place to stay. No difference between an illiterate Laos or Burmese who have fled to Thailand to earn a livelihood. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Sad 3

24 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

For a lot of folks here, if they lost their 800K Immigration account due to a scheming wife, many would not have the funds to replace it.

If that's the case then they should not be in Thailand in the first place.

Needs to run back to passport mummy land. 

• Sad 7
  • Haha 1

@Vatman

How much money is left in your joint account?

If you have not already done so, 

1. change the PIN code of your ATM card for your joint account immediately;

2. have your wife change the PIN code of her ATM card for your joint account immediately, then destroy her card by cutting it into many small pieces;

3. immediately open a new bank account in your name only and transfer all but 100 Baht from your joint account to your new account. 

Once you have done all that, come back here to confirm it and you will probable get more specific and practical advice about possibilities to continue getting one-year extensions of stay, for example based on marriage.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ridiculous post.

If you have "limited funds" you do not move to a foreign country. 

Then have an illness or accident and start a GoFundMe.

Too many pauper farang in Thailand.

This is correct. What idiot gave a sad emo to your post. Old guys move here for cheaper living? Newsflash. You are not Thai. You are not insured. You have zero rights....and most importantly you are not 30. Your days of making money are done.

Hilarious. 

Edited by Celsius
  • Sad 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

As one of the posters mentioned, you are on overstay from the moment the funds on your bank-account slipped below 800K.  So it would actually be risky to apply for the upcoming 1-year extension for reason of marriage.  Such application for reason of marriage only requires +400K seasoned during the last 2 months before moment of application for the extension.  However when changing the reason for your 1-year extension from retirement to marriage, you need to meet the +800K requirement during the fist 10 months and would be OK with +400K during the last 2 months. But if you slipped below +800K more than 2 months earlier than your date of application for the 1-year extension for reason of marriage, your application will be rejected. 

If that is the case, there is still an alternative solution, and that is to exit Thailand (if you bought a Re-Entry Permit, you would need to wait till final days of your current permit to stay, to do so).  Such exit will 'kill' your present Permission of stay based on your original Non Imm O Visa (retirement).  And then you have 2 options:

#1 - Simply return VisaExempt (without a Visa), which can be done same day as exit and will provide you with a 30-day permission to stay.  And that will allow you to re-apply for a NEW Non Imm O Visa, where you can choose to apply for reason of marriage or for reason of retirement.  Obviously that requires that you get hold of the required funds which only need to be on your personal Thai bank-account at moment of application (+800K for retirement, or +400K when applying for reason of marriage).  In case you do not have sufficient funds on such short notice, you could apply for a 30-day extension at your local Imm Office on top of the 30-days permission to stay you got when entering Thailand Visa Exempt, and you also have the option on top of that to apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife.

#2 - Another simple and attractive option is to exit Thailand at Mukdahan.  The Laos Savannakhet consulate is just at the other side of the river, and there you can apply for a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.  Such Visa only costs 5.000,- Thb and the ONLY requirement is that you provide official evidence of being married to your wife.  The slight drawback of that 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa is that it only provides you with a 90-day Permission to stay when entering Thailand.  But you can apply for a 30-day extension as well as for a 60-day extension for reason of visiting your wife at your local Imm Office.  But then ou would have to leave Thailand, but can return same day which will once again provide you with a 90-day permission to stay which can be extended.  This means that that Visa can provide you with 17 months of stay in Thailand without any financial requirements to be met (and no need to make 90-day reports). 

>> Feel free to ask for more information if you are interested in one of these options. 

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Vatman said:

We live in small village, 200 miles north of Bangkok. Bank is SCB. I can't sack the wife as she owns the house we live in that we built 28 years ago & besides she's been 100% until this. The Covids killed so many businesses here & money is scarce now in the village. I'll travel to the Pattaya agent if I can get this sorted.

Just look after yourself and stay safe.

Hope your wife appreciates the years you've been together and what you achieved during that time? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

No worries about the visa. An agent can do it for you without having money in the bank. 

When it comes to the withdrawn money, not easy to give an advice. 

Forgive, run away, ask for divorce, the 3 solutions you have. 

For the moment probably the best option, take a holiday alone and try to relax. I know, not easy (had already 2 divorces with Thai ladies). 

Good ???? luck