Some information please

Hello dave 60 English living in sirattana sisaket 4 years now.

let me apologise if posting in wrong place.

anyway information i need is when i submit my forms for extension of stay in early December and normally go back in January for my stamp. 
can i travel back to uk for xmas while under consideration for extension of stay as normal with re entry permit thank you for any information on this matter ????????

Hi Dave,

I presume that your current Permission to stay is based on a Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.  This because for retirement extensions, the 1-year extension of stay is provided on the spot at your SiSaKet Imm office.  But when your 1-year extension is done for reason of marriage, you will have an 'under consideration' period (usually 10 to 14 days) with a fixed date on which you have to return to the Imm Office to have the approved 1-year extension stamped in your Passport.

> The expiry date of your current Permission to stay will determine whether you should already apply for the 1-year extension of stay before leaving for UK or whether it would be better to do so after you have returned. 

This is important because you will need a Re-Entry Permit prior to exiting Thailand to keep your Permission to stay valid, as without such Re-Entry Permit your Permission to stay will be invalidated the moment you leave Thailand which will force you to apply from scratch when re-entering Thailand. 

And that Re-Entry Permit will be based on the latest Permission to stay as featured in your passport, so it can be somewhat messy when having already applied for the 1-year extension of stay and then exiting Thailand during the 'under consideration' period.  

> So do provide the exact date that your your current Non Imm O Visa based Permission to stay will expire (as well as whether it is based on marriage or on retirement).  That will allow to provide you with a clear answer on your options.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You are making a complete mess out of your life by even thinking of leaving the country while under consideration. It is plainly said; Stupid really.....

Stay in Thailand during the process, and leave after it is finished. Be clever not dummer...

No matter whatever "important" thing you have to do back in England...

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Binger said:

can i travel back to uk for xmas while under consideration for extension of stay as normal with re entry permit thank you for any information on this matter

You would be very fortunate to fit that in. My office always does a home visit and you never know when until they have been, known it it to be as late as 10 days after application.

Last year I was in a similar position, just went back and came back on a new visa. No big deal and makes for easier planning.

25 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You would be very fortunate to fit that in. My office always does a home visit and you never know when until they have been, known it it to be as late as 10 days after application.

Last year I was in a similar position, just went back and came back on a new visa. No big deal and makes for easier planning.

If you are going to make a trip during the "under consideration" period, whether domestically or internationally) it is important to ensure Immigration is aware of your plans. An international trip, especially, is better avoided if possible. It is allowed, and can be done.

20 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

But when your 1-year extension is done for reason of marriage, you will have an 'under consideration' period (usually 10 to 14 days) with a fixed date on which you have to return to the Imm Office to have the approved 1-year extension stamped in your Passport.

At my office it is 30 days, and sometimes it has still not been ready on the date they said it would be. Have to wait for the phone call from them saying it's ready. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

You are making a complete mess out of your life by even thinking of leaving the country while under consideration. It is plainly said; Stupid really.....

Stay in Thailand during the process, and leave after it is finished. Be clever not dummer...

No matter whatever "important" thing you have to do back in England...

I agree. I had to make a business trip to Dubai during what would have been my consideration period. They told me in Kalasin that I would have to let my one-year extension expire, return to Thailand with no visa and at the end of the visa-free period I had to apply for a tourist visa before applying for a new one-year extension.

When I did that I had to attend an interview (where they ignored me and spoke only to my wife), despite my having had many marriage extensions before and having been married for over 30 years and living in Thailand for more than 25. Here are the hoops we provide, now jump jump jump.

9 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you are going to make a trip during the "under consideration" period, whether domestically or internationally) it is important to ensure Immigration is aware of your plans. An international trip, especially, is better avoided if possible. It is allowed, and can be done.

Why try and tell me something I already know? Domestically doesn't really matter, I was away for a few days one time when they tried to do the home visit, not a problem just came when we got back.

My option would mean the OPs trip wasn't "under consideration".

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I agree. I had to make a business trip to Dubai during what would have been my consideration period. They told me in Kalasin that I would have to let my one-year extension expire, return to Thailand with no visa and at the end of the visa-free period I had to apply for a tourist visa before applying for a new one-year extension.

When I did that I had to attend an interview (where they ignored me and spoke only to my wife), despite my having had many marriage extensions before and having been married for over 30 years and living in Thailand for more than 25. Here are the hoops we provide, now jump jump jump.

Indeed. It would be a bit easier for the OP as a UK national going to the UK relatively easy to get another visa.

I did extension on new visa in Nov and the hoops not any different to doing a renewal. Before anyone says anything my office does home visits on renewal, in fact the one for the new visa was the quickest and easiest ever.

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Before anyone says anything my office does home visits on renewal, in fact the one for the new visa was the quickest and easiest ever.

That was another step I had. Normally my office doesn't do visits on renewal (or hasn't so far) but they did last time as a 'new' application. One chap had even done the same visit years ago, so it's largely play acting and a day out from the office. All very relaxed and friendly, with my being totally ignored as I was during the office interview. I just hovered and smiled a lot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Why try and tell me something I already know?

In which case why did you singularly fail to make the point (which @BritTim subsequently did) that it was essential for the OP to make his immigration office aware of his travelling plans?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OJAS said:

In which case why did you singularly fail to make the point (which @BritTim subsequently did) that it was essential for the OP to make his immigration office aware of his travelling plans?

It is not essential to make immigration aware of any travel plans.

• Haha 1