If you were looking for a new relationship today what age gap would you aim for and why?

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

I don't think it was the age-gap that was the problem there... :blink:

I think it was. Show me otherwise. 
Do you think there would have been an uproar in the men involved were in their early twenties?

Of course not; it’s precisely about older men with money, buying time with young women. 

• Confused 1

And that sounds like an ad-hom.  ????

You are the one crying about it are you not? You are the one making the accusation are you not? I have no contact with your ‘many people’. There is only you. 

10 minutes ago, NextG said:

Unfortunate that you had such poor taste in music ☺️???? If someone is generally interested in you and they like your style…

But we know most of the people writing about pulling younger women have almost no deeper connections with them at all. Perhaps just money and drinking. 

So, PIL. Public Image Limited, is poor taste in music?

Reckon I will start a new thread.????????

7 minutes ago, NextG said:
11 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I don't think it was the age-gap that was the problem there... :blink:

I think it was. Show me otherwise. 

What???  The problem was underage girls.  Why are you referring to something you clearly don't properly understand?

• Thumbs Up 1

What???  The problem was underage girls.  Why are you referring to something you clearly don't properly understand?

I understand it. You don’t. Again, I ask you if you think there would have been a furore if it were a 20 year old having sex with a 17 year old. It wouldn’t have gotten even a mention. It’s the fact that it was a rich older man paying for the services of a seventeen year old. See the difference?

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

What suggests that I am crying about it?  Again, bringing up things you don't know anything about.  ????

You brought it up here… with no proof at all. Therefore I see it as your personal and highly erroneous opinion. 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, NextG said:

I understand it. You don’t. Again, I ask you if you think there would have been a furore if it were a 20 year old having sex with a 17 year old. It wouldn’t have gotten even a mention. It’s the fact that it was a rich older man paying for the services of a seventeen year old. See the difference?

You clearly don't  If it was a gang of 20 year old millionaires involved with underaged girls being coerced and flown off to private islands, they still would have gotten into trouble.

Similarly, if the girls weren't underage, there wouldn't have been anything to charge anyone with.

10 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Why would that mean I am crying about it?

It didn’t look as if you were happy about it. It looked as if you were complaining about what ‘many people were saying’. 
It doesn’t affect me and no one has said it to me. But you are so ‘affected’ by it, that you brought it up here. But it’s really nonsense. 
It’s perhaps people who want to be free to exploit people with their money who feel affected. 

14 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

You clearly don't  If it was a gang of 20 year old millionaires involved with underaged girls being coerced and flown off to private islands, they still would have gotten into trouble.

Similarly, if the girls weren't underage, there wouldn't have been anything to charge anyone with.

‘Gang of 20 year old millionaires’ ???? Nice hyperbole. 

The point… once again, is coercing people to do things that they would not normally do, because of MONEY. 
No different from what goes on here. As long as the money keeps flowing, the merry-go-round continues. For some it feels completely normal… until they get burned. 

Jeffrey and Ghislaine were a gang?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

But you are so ‘affected’ by it, that you brought it up here.

Lol.  ????  It's a thread about dating and I replied to what someone said with an observation that related directly to that comment.  I didn't just randomly blurt it out because I'm so "affected" by it.

You're just making things up in a continued ad-hom.  You have nothing to actually say.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, NextG said:

‘Gang of 20 year old millionaires’ ???? Nice hyperbole. 

The people involved with Epstein weren't millionaires?!!  There's no hyperbole, I'm merely making a proper analogy, rather than changing the circumstances to try to make my point valid, like you are.  Because, again, you have nothing to say.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

The people involved with Epstein weren't millionaires?!!  There's no hyperbole, I'm merely making a proper analogy, rather than changing the circumstances to try to make my point valid, like you are.  Because, again, you have nothing to say.

Does it look as if I have nothing to say? ☺️ I’m countering you point by point. 
Next, your nonsense about a gang. Are you stating that Jeffrey and Ghislaine were a gang? It’s seems that you are including their clients in the ‘gang’. No, they were clients and what does being on a private island have to do with anything?

You need to stop getting your information from rubbish tabloids. 
AGAIN, the point is PAYING someone to be with you because you cannot do it without COERCION. 

20 to 40 years, now that I am an old fart. Why be with someone your own age, if you do not have to endure such a fate? My woman is far younger than me, and she keeps me young. In addition she does not have the disease of a closed mind, and a conventional nature, that so many older women have. Too set in their ways. No thanks. Which one do you prefer?

thaI GAL.jpeg

istockphoto-1155922654-612x612.jpg

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

20 to 40 years, now that I am an old fart. Why be with someone your own age, if you do not have to endure such a fate? My woman is far younger than me, and she keeps me young. In addition she does not have the disease of a closed mind, and a conventional nature, that so many older women have. Too set in their ways. No thanks. Which one do you prefer?

thaI GAL.jpeg

Sad. One picture fully doctored and the other an ‘extreme’ example. Anything to convince yourself that you are on the right track. If you are happy, no need to try to convince us by using such a ridiculous example. 

Edited by NextG
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

thaI GAL.jpeg

Those AI pictures of women are so much better than the real thing!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Lol.  ????  It's a thread about dating and I replied to what someone said with an observation that related directly to that comment.  I didn't just randomly blurt it out because I'm so "affected" by it.

You're just making things up in a continued ad-hom.  You have nothing to actually say.

Nothing made up. You made a foolish comment about “wokeness”. Just idiotic, as you don’t even know what it means. 
Followed by an equally vacuous comment on feminism. Of course a woman can say that she wants a tall rich guy, but people will judge her for that. Just as they would judge an obviously mismatched couple the other way. There is no double standard. You are just being ridiculous ☺️
Of course there are many women who would choose security AND someone to whom they are attracted. That’s normal. But what we are discussing here is not related to that ????

We are discussing men who could not pull a woman under normal circumstances, simply using money to coerce the women. That’s not to state that the women are not willing participants. But don’t fool yourself that you are in anything that resembles a real relationship. It’s a marriage of convenience. 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, NextG said:

Does it look as if I have nothing to say? ☺️ I’m countering you point by point. 

Not even slightly.  You claim that it wouldn't have gone the way it did if it was some 20 year old having sex with a 17 year old girl, but that analogy is incorrect.  Therefore your "counter" failed.  ????‍♂️

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Nothing made up.

Yes.  Made up.  Your ad-hom was that I was upset, when there is nothing to support that.  Then you tried to make out that I must have been upset for bringing it up here, when I was simply following the topic of discussion.

You're making stuff up and "ad-homing" because you have nothing to say.

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Not even slightly.  You claim that it wouldn't have gone the way it did if it was some 20 year old having sex with a 17 year old girl, but that analogy is incorrect.  Therefore your "counter" failed.  ????‍♂️

In your addled mind it did. The fact is that society looks down on ugly old men with young attractive women. Only ugly old men support each other in this. Using labels such as ‘wokeness’ ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Yes.  Made up.  Your ad-hom was that I was upset, when there is nothing to support that.  Then you tried to make out that I must have been upset for bringing it up here, when I was simply following the topic of discussion.

You're making stuff up and "ad-homing" because you have nothing to say.

How many times will you use the same phrase in a single thread? Did you just find it and make it your favourite? It’s a discussion forum and I’m discussing the subject with you. If you’ve had enough, just say so or stop replying. 

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

In your addled mind it did.

It's quite simple.  Your analogy failed.  As I explained.

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

The fact is that society looks down on ugly old men with young attractive women. Only ugly old men support each other in this. Using labels such as ‘wokeness’ ????

Who said anything about being ugly?  Where did this insult suddenly come from?  Interesting.

The more you talk the more you expose yourself.

I had a friend who has sadly passed who ran a successful marriage agency in Udon Thani for 25 years. He told me that the most successful matches he made that had strong marriages were the ones with a 22-25 year age gap.

That doesn´t mean other age gaps don´t work as it depends on the 2 people, but pitch in that range and you will probably find the right kind of compatibility.