‘They were rescuing 13-year-olds’: Tragic reality of child sexual exploitation and slavery exposed

ezzra

49 minutes ago, stoner said:

i wonder if the author would also write a piece from the other side as well. there are thousands and thousands of men who are taken advantage of by these *victims*. men who have their life savings stolen from them. men who are manipulated and lied to for any number of reasons. we all know and have heard of so many stories about this. 

No.  They would probably find it funny and paint the men as predators.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Goat said:

Sociopathic behaivour. They do not possess any empathy. 

A lot of them try to justify it by saying they are helping the girl out of poverty. Make out they are some kind of White Knight and rescuing them.

Two flaws with that story.

1.Often the money isnt actually going to the girls, but their pimps etc. Paying off their "debts" for "fees, travel expenses, accomodation" and interest on it all.

2. If they really were genuine in wanting to help them then why do they need to have unwanted sex with them?

Exactly right!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robin said:

Emotional trash written by some hack to sell to western fiction.  Will it do any good?  No.  

Will it help the girls?  No.

The author addresses the sentiment that you seem to possess.

Each time, their body language screamed the same sentence: “I don’t want to be here. I don’t want this”.

I looked around at all the men in the building and wondered if they saw it too. Can’t they see what’s going on inside these young women’s eyes? Do they not see the same things we do? Or do they just not care?

And if you read on they are helping the girls.

a number of prevention and rehabilitation homes had been created for survivors (or those who were at high risk of being exploited), and I met with dozens of teenage girls who had once been in the industry.

And what are you doing to help them?

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

and then try to help her,

that is what they are doing.

a number of prevention and rehabilitation homes had been created for survivors (or those who were at high risk of being exploited), and I met with dozens of teenage girls who had once been in the industry.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

thousands and thousands of men who are taken advantage of by these *victims*. men who have their life savings stolen from them.

Som nam naa.

A lot of them try to justify it by saying they are helping the girl out of poverty. Make out they are some kind of White Knight and rescuing them.

1.Often the money isnt actually going to the girls, but their pimps etc. Paying off their "debts" for "fees, travel expenses, accomodation" and interest on it all.

2. If they really were genuine in wanting to help them then why do they need to have unwanted sex with them?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

No.  They would probably find it funny and paint the men as predators.

Has that happened to you pesonally?

these men are delusional if they believe these girls are really into them for anything but the money.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

The parents should be the first to be jailed.

I think you will find many of them dont have any real parents.

Dad did a runner before they were born, mum works in a factory somewhere or as a prostitute, and/or on drugs and hardly sees them and they are brought up by illiterate Grandma in the Issan sticks.

The clientel should be locked up. Without these sick perverts it wouldnt happen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Goat said:

Som nam naa.

This comment doesn't make sense as you wrote it aimed at men who simply use prostitutes, but you're now copying it to use to reply to someone who clearly referenced men who want to have a genuine relationship.

5 minutes ago, Goat said:

Has that happened to you pesonally?

No.

5 minutes ago, Goat said:

these men are delusional if they believe these girls are really into them for anything but the money.

So the women are always innocent and the men are always bad?  No matter the actual circumstances?

A man victimises a woman, the man is evil?  A woman victimises a man, it's the man's fault for falling for it?

You seem to be rather lacking in empathy when it comes to men. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

But the author didn't do that, when she easily could have done something

The point is that it is likely a mostly fictional (and poorly written) account based on what the author felt when she went there.

Try not to let your feelings of bitterness towards people who use prostitutes interfere too much with your critical thinking capabilities.

I knew this thread would predictably bring out the deniers. It isnt only about the kids, but it is about the filth that use them. 

What percentage of females do you think actually want to be a prostitute?

Would you do it? Spread your cheeks for fat old men who are that hideous they can not find sex in the real world without paying? 

I wouldnt want to do it.

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

And the Thai clientele also?

Sure. 

Sounds like you are trying to use the old "but some thais do it also, so that makes it alright"

it doesnt. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Goat said:

I knew this thread would predictably bring out the deniers. It isnt only about the kids, but it is about the filth that use them. 

I'm not denying anything, other than I don't believe that the book is completely factual.  More the very loose "based on real events".

What percentage of females do you think actually want to be a prostitute?

An interesting question.  It's not something that I have dallied with personally, but the Thai attitude to the body, to sex and especially to money, suggests that quite a few are OK with it.  A lot of relationships in Thailand seem to follow the "sex for money" pattern, and prostitution seems very popular with Thai men.

The level of unemployment, the popularity of the profession, the various forms it takes, including "sponsors", sugar daddies, and so on, suggest that it's pretty common and accepted in Thailand.

While I wouldn't deny that underage prostitution, forced/coerced prostitution, trafficking, etc., all take place in Thailand, I would find it hard to believe that the majority are forced to do it.

Would you do it? Spread your cheeks for fat old men who are that hideous they can not find sex in the real world without paying? 

Personally, I wouldn't have sex with any man for money, nor any woman.  However, reality tells me that women feel very different about it.  The number of relationships where the man is hideous and the woman attractive, tells me that women are simply not as bothered about physical appearance as men are.  Exactly how that factors into prostitution, I'm not sure, but it's something to think about.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Goat said:

If you think you can find a girl who wants to have a 'genuine relationship' with you from a brothel then i can not help you with anymore advice.

That's irrelevant.  Your comment made no sense for the reason I pointed out.  There's a difference between a man using a prostitute and a man marrying one and her stealing all his money.  It's that simple.

(Also, a lot of people report doing exactly that.)

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Thanks 1

I am often enough in Nana. These days at least 99% of the girls are over 20. And 90% of that remaining 1% are over 18. There is no problem with underage sex in Nana.

Having said that, I am sure one or the other girl would be willing to introduce her little sister to someone who is interested.

Or in other words: Nobody will by accident meet a young teenage prostitute in Nana. And those who search for underage girls and boys will always find them.

For the record: I ask the girls from time to time how old they are, and after living here long enough I have a pretty good idea myself if they are "old enough". I never tried to find any illegal underage prostitute. But I am sure they exist - not only in Bangkok and not only in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am often enough in Nana. These days at least 99% of the girls are over 20. And 90% of that remaining 1% are over 18. There is no problem with underage sex in Nana.

6 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Is this even still a thing nowadays in Nana Plaza?

The book was published in October last year, so we should probably assume this was a recent visit.

I think it's probably mostly fictional, based on how the author wanted to interpret what she saw on a visit to wherever it was, based on her personal agenda.

She seems to want to make it sound like it's essentially an under-age, forced sex area, which I find hard to believe, given its profile.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1