Hunter Biden's former business partner tells Congress about Joe Biden calls

Social Media

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Where in the article does it say that Joe Biden was paid for those phone calls. Stop making things up.

He was being used to promote the business.  He was involved in business meetings.  There's no way that Joe or Hunter weren't financially compensated for that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Sure, right.  Joe was involved in the business, spoke in business meetings, but had nothing to do with the business.  Pull the other one.

You are being very selective. The witness offered up this testimony. You only seem to belive certain parts of what he is saying though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dhupverg said:

Did we ever get clarification on what Hunter's qualifications were to earn the nice payouts he received from various foreign entities.  I think we can all agree he was paid a nice bob or two to sit on boards and consult.  What did he bring to the table again besides a last name?

Being sleazy isn't in and of itself a crime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

Why would Biden involve himself so much in his son's business if he or his son weren't being financially rewarded for it?

You claim that there was evidence in the article that Joe Biden was hired to speak. Now you're claiming that it could have been only Hunter Biden who was being financially rewarded. That's a climbdown.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You claim that there was evidence in the article that Joe Biden was hired to speak. Now you're claiming that it could have been only Hunter Biden who was being financially rewarded. That's a climbdown.

No "climbdown", I haven't changed anything.  You're reaching.

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

No "climbdown", I haven't changed anything.  You're reaching.

At the outset you claimed this:

"I think, as the chap says in the article, allowing himself to be hired to provide support to a company sounds pretty slimy of Biden Sr."

"Now you're claiming 

"Why would Biden involve himself so much in his son's business if he or his son weren't being financially rewarded for it?" 

Do you understand how "or" works? Even if you had written if he or his son or both etc,, it still leaves open the possibility that Biden wasn't hired.

So clearly you're backing away for your baseless assertion that "the chap in the article says etc..".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

At the outset you claimed this:

"I think, as the chap says in the article, allowing himself to be hired to provide support to a company sounds pretty slimy of Biden Sr."

"Now you're claiming 

"Why would Biden involve himself so much in his son's business if he or his son weren't being financially rewarded for it?" 

How are they different?

38 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Who is the chap in the article that said Joe Biden was hired. That was your claim. Who is the chap? You've got nothing.

Have you read the article?  The witness explains how Biden was involved in the business.  Why would anyone do that without someone getting paid?

• Haha 2

Just now, BangkokReady said:

Have you read the article?  The witness explains how Biden was involved in the business.  Why would anyone do that without someone getting paid?

You claimed that 

I think,  as the chap says in the article, allowing himself to be hired to provide support to a company sounds pretty slimy of Biden Sr."

Who is the chap who said this?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You claimed that 

I think,  as the chap says in the article, allowing himself to be hired to provide support to a company sounds pretty slimy of Biden Sr."

Who is the chap who said this?

I think that's fairly obvious.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And yet you won't name him. You've got nothing because no one in the article said that Joe Biden was hired.

It's very clear what happened and what the implications are.  Read the article properly and you will see it.  We can all see it.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Deny... Deny... Deny... the political playbook for all 

Fizzzzz...

1 hour ago, dhupverg said:

Did we ever get clarification on what Hunter's qualifications were to earn the nice payouts he received from various foreign entities.  I think we can all agree he was paid a nice bob or two to sit on boards and consult.  What did he bring to the table again besides a last name?

He's a qualified lawyer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It's very clear what happened and what the implications are.  Read the article properly and you will see it.  We can all see it.

The witness knew nothing about any money:

Reporter: Did he talk about the bribe at all? Biggs: He didn’t know anything about that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

But why would someone be so involved in someone's business if they weren't getting something out of it?

They wouldn't.

Where is your evidence he was involved in someone's business, 20 calls over 10 years where Hunter put his father on.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The witness knew nothing about any money:

Reporter: Did he talk about the bribe at all? Biggs: He didn’t know anything about that

They're all mouth until they have to put their hand on the bible.

25 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Yeah. Calls during a business meeting is one thing. Then the chap says that the business was using Biden as to create their brand.

How is that not being involved in the business?

You don't know ie no evidence just speculation, you don't even know all that was said yet but you continue with unfounded speculation. 

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I read it. Over a 10 year period 20 calls, so 2 a year and it does not mention it was Joe who initiated those calls.

"The witness indicated that Hunter spoke to his father every day," Goldman said. "And approximately 20 times over the course of [a] 10-year relationship, Hunter may have put his father on the phone with any number of different people, and they never once spoke about any business dealings. As he described it, it was all casual conversation, niceties, the weather, 'what's going on?' There wasn't a single conversation about any of the business dealings that Hunter had." 

So the occurrence rate is 0,0054794521! ????

• Like 1

22 hours ago, candide said:

And It's not like Trump's messages would have any impact on his nutter base! Such as if an armed man would wait outside Obama's house after reading a post made by Trump! Oh wait! ????

Changing the subject slightly... Why would the man not be armed? Isn't it a Constitutional requirement? Is there a law proscribing standing outside someone's house?

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Pretty funny how the biden folks here thinks it's quite normal for a VP to speak with his son's foreign business partners about ?????. I often speak with my son's employer to discuss the weather.

Joe Biden spoke about the weather,and other pleasantries?  Do they really expect people with half a brain-to believe that’s all?  We need to hear those recorded conversations,

• Thanks 1