Need a strong plant killer!!! Need something dead. Dead. DEAD!!!

The deadlier the better, I hate the gardener PPE can be provided (I have a wet-suit and SCUBA gear!).

Seriously, we have couple of these chaps damaging our retaining wall, cut them off and they grow back stronger!

Any thoughts on something that's available and will kill them off, permanently, no resurrection after three days please!!

image.png.9f80f5743efc09ac0fedf5a47971d319.png

Rock salt can effectively kill tree roots by robbing them of water. To kill a tree discreetly, one can cut it down and tell her it must have gone back into hiding, pile it around the base, or dump salt at the bottom of the trunk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Whenever I have unwanted woody weeds or small trees popping up, I'll cut them as close to the root as possible and spray the stump with glyphosate, they don't grow back.

Lazada link

Agree  I use it neat on this type. banana trees are the worst for me nothing will kill them, light a fire on top they still come back

On 8/2/2023 at 3:04 AM, bbko said:

Whenever I have unwanted woody weeds or small trees popping up, I'll cut them as close to the root as possible and spray the stump with glyphosate, they don't grow back.

Lazada link

Yes. Glyphosate solution with 20 to 25% active ingredient is the most effective, if applied immediately according to directions for "cut stump" treatment.  (48% glyphosate active ingredient, diluted 50:50 with water) There is nothing else like it. It is a systemic herbicide and will translocate throughout the plant tissues and kill the root system. Used this way on the outer circumference (sapwood) of the cut stump surface has the least environmental contamination. No need for drilling, motor oil or other variations. Don't overspray onto the soil or nearby plantings.

Caution: glyphosate will readily translocate through root grafts to nearby trees of the same species. So if you have a situation where you want to kill some, leave some, use another method. 

BTW, no longer at HomePro, but check the independent plant markets outside in driveway/parking lot area. 

I don't think triclopyr is available, but if so it will be a lot more expensive and usually requires repeat treatment. 

https://growitbuildit.com/how-to-stop-tree-stumps-from-sprouting/#:~:text=In order to kill tree,no new sprouts will emerge.

Edited by drtreelove
  • Like 2

On 8/2/2023 at 5:02 AM, Dancealot said:

Plant killers won't work on roots big like this.

Bust the old concrete/ wood boards; remove the soil containing the unwanted roots.

And rebuild.

Farmers advice

glyphosate will. Painted on. May have put on a couple of times. Done it many times on stumps up to 8"