Srettha Not Involved in Alleged Tax Avoidance: Sansiri

webfact

If the tax was paid then usually nobody cares who actually paid it.

I also heard that if the tax isn't paid then the land doesn't change ownership so this smells like a load of bull<deleted> to me.

Someone in charge of something doesn't like this PM candidate either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

I think the message all along has been that you can have any PM you want, as long as it's Prawit, Prayut or Anutin.

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

If the tax was paid then usually nobody cares who actually paid it.

I also heard that if the tax isn't paid then the land doesn't change ownership so this smells like a load of bull<deleted> to me.

Seller pays tax depending of land status, which can be business – i.e. 3.3% tax of the sales sum + 1% withholding tax of the highest amount, either appraised value or sales price – or private owned land, which will be income taxed after a reduction, depending of owner-ship time. As the income tax is a progressive scale in 5% steps, there will be less tax if the ownership is divided by numerous people instead of just one person.

And yes, the sales tax is the seller's responsibility.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Real estate developer Sansiri Plc issued a statement, clarifying that Pheu Thai prime minister candidate, Mr. Srettha Thavisin was not involved in alleged tax avoidance regarding land transactions and the company always complies with the law in doing businesses.

And they have the lawyers to prove it.

This is a very feeble rebuttal by Sansiri.  The company was not accused of tax avoidance or evasion itself by Chuvit.  He accused them of aiding and abetting tax avoidance and possibly evasion.  The sellers couldn't have done this without Sansiri's cooperation in a highly convoluted process that also involved the better part of a billion baht in cash flying about which is clear sign of understatement of the sales price for tax purposes. This is all highly unethical and weak corporate governance.  Even if everyone else does it, Srettha is the CEO who has been caught doing it and Sansiri has not attempted to deny the aiding and abetting because it can't.

• Like 1