Chonburi orders strict control over roaming Arab groups in the city

webfact

7 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Can't you think of anything better or is it a sign of old age?:cheesy:

It's better than anything I see coming from you, u2! May you age gracefully!????

Edited by 2baht
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Letseng said:

Their driving style also causes issues when they visit Europe e.g. stopping in the middle of a mountain pass for a photo or going down wrong direction in a oneway street.

I believe the rich ones  rent supercars  and make a nuisance of themselves around Knightsbridge, London. 

9 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

As I recall from Egypt, after a heavy rain traffic runs very slowly.  Mostly due to drivers stopping at water-filled potholes to poke with sticks to see how deep they are.

Egypt is pretty bad but here we talk of Middle East countries....bad but different. 

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Huh?

"Obviously they need to find out what visa these outlaw bikers are on and bring in restrictions on it - say no VE/VOA without whatever they are planning for retirement extensions..." 

Seriously?   You think that these young Arabs should only be admitted to the country VE/VOA if there is a ban on their renting bikes?

No I am "suggesting" that the Thai authorities should adopt the same heavy handed group punishment strategy that they applied to retirement extensions (e.g. 400k year 'round to stop agents) and seem to be planning for the future because of an outlaw biker on a retirement extension murdering another foreigner. Surely the solution is to place additional restrictions on VE/VOA used by millions to deal with a handful of wayward bike riders? Maybe a certificate from your home country vehicle registration/licensing authorities confirming you have never owned a large motorcycle/do not hold a motorcycle license.

Or put another way, no, not "seriously", but then again, this is not beyond fantasy with all the high quality appointees since 2014.

Quite surprising considering the crazy yaba driven local drivers on thai roads,  who seem on a mission between Mad Max and Fast-Furious...

Also a quick reminder as not to forget,  that in thai logic, a farang is a farang...should he be black, brown, green or white skinned.

Edited by observer90210

20 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Here we talk of drivers from _________, as another poster had mentioned driving traditions in Thailand differ from those in ________.

The roaming Arab groups are Kuwaitis. 

On 8/5/2023 at 8:08 AM, observer90210 said:

Also a quick reminder as not to forget,  that in thai logic, a farang is a farang...should he be black, brown, green or white skinned.

Wrong.

Farangs are white Westerners.

The word comes from the Sanskrit for the Franks, who were the first white people this region had seen. Hence, similar words in Khmer, Bahasa etc.

The word does not apply to blacks living in the West, e.g. African-Americans, however the Thais may use the phrase 'farang dum' to differentiate. 

Arabs are known by another derogatory name which I will not post here. Definitely not refered to or known as 'farang'.

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, rocketboy2 said:

Great to see all the, ( Well heeled Arabs ) that the government and TAT wanted.

Now roaming pattaya in packs. Ha Ha, nice one. :cheesy:

The TAT got the improved numbers, they justified their bonus.....the problems they cause, is another's problem

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/4/2023 at 8:23 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Now that would be racist.  Unless you think that Thais should be subject to fines that large, also.

The authorities charge a lot more entry fees for foreigners visiting monuments and parks so i don't think they are so bothered with equal rights!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 1:22 PM, Danderman123 said:

Great.

Maybe next time they will complain about English drivers and order police to detain English drivers exceeding the speed limit, even if by 1 km/hr. Everyone else gets a free pass.

Sounds fair to you?

Racism only sounds good if someone else is punished for their ethnicity.

If we were proven to be causing far more speed related crashes than other nationalities, I would have no problem with that.

If a certain group of people are causing excess problems, why shouldn't they be exposed and targeted?

I  am against targing people for no valid reason.

In your example, one of the best ways to get English to stop speeding is to have English people recognise the problem and how it affects them. This would start them self policing by calling out those among us who were the problem. Peer pressure is very powerful.

To bring your question back to you, if English drivers were caused far more crashes than other groups with all the extra expenses, injuries and other problems, would you want to target us in some way?

On 8/4/2023 at 6:49 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Why can't they go to the bars, get drunk and play with the girls (or boys) like all the other tourists? 

I thought that is why people from all over the world come to Pattaya.

You live a misinformed and sheltered life.

Many people live in Pattaya as they work around the refinery, at the Laem Chabang port or work at an International School.

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2023 at 6:41 AM, sirineou said:

Personally I find it reprehensible that particular ethnic group would be targeted. What about other roaming foreigner houligans? 

What about those Belgians? with their chocolate eating ? 

descarding  chocolate wrappers all over the place . Not only is it unsightly  but a safety issue . And how about all the Aussies with their shrimp eating?  (sorry prawns). 

Also the Scandihouligans. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, carlyai said:

You live a misinformed and sheltered life.

Many people live in Pattaya as they work around the refinery, at the Laem Chabang port or work at an International School.

Really?

Why would all those people live inside sin-city Pattaya? There are enough places nearby which are family friendly.