Car AC shop in pattaya.

Ive diagnosed my own car ac system. I'm thinking I need the compressor clutch looked at.  It clicks in but think it's not clutching at all.  Standing pressure is about 104psi at 32c and doesnt change at all when compressor clicks on. By standard pressure charts for r134a gas amount should be right.

At the sight glass i see the smallest of movement of a bubble when i force compressor on and off via relay. 

Im near centre rd sumhumvit and need a shop that is fair. Last two I tried for previous issues were a bit shifty.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Shifty? In Pattaya? Shirley not!

Just for fun.  

1. After ac repair.  Replace expansion valve,  a young chap showed me a ratty old relay apparantly for my horn.  I said i would take care of that myself. 

2. Techy wanted to clean condensor to fix intermittent problem when as I found out later sympyoms clearly led to expansion valve. Lack of knowledge or fishing for the easy cash.

You gotta be on your toes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grusa said:

Boy Air and Sound. Quick, efficient, honest and reasonable prices.

https://maps.google.com/?cid=16334421500779084311&entry=gps

Quick - depends how busy they are - I have needed to come back early morning a couple of times to get done.

Efficient - yes

Reasonable prices - YMMV but more recently inquiring about dash cam install I found them a little on the high side.......

Replacement hydraulic struts for my boot lid seemed very expensive but I had nothing to compare to at the time and they were changed quickly and efficiently.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thnks for recommendations. 

I stopped off at a place a few hundred meters back from naklua. 

I was quoted 500 baht for topup. 

I am a bit concerned though because in conversation I told him the equalized pressure in my system is 104. What is it normally.  And he said 200.

I know pressures when system is running are only used normally, but thought his response of 200 psi is way off on purpose like he didnt want to answer any questions. While running, psi high side can get close to that, but there was no confusion to the question. 

Ill try another shop tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thailandbeachisland said:

Do you have a real car or a Jap trash ?

Jap trash can be fixed for cheap by any Somchai, if you have any car that deserves it's name (German or Italian mainly), send a PM and I tell you where to go.

In Australia , italian cars dont have a good history as far as reliability goes.  German cars, yes. But i do own cheap trash unfortunately. Toyota Vios 2003. Actually is my partners.  I would buy  Camry if I had to.  Best value for money and taking all into conaideration, the Camry could be called the best model of vehicle ever done. If I need a super car to pull chicks I would buy a boogie. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

In Australia , italian cars dont have a good history as far as reliability goes.  German cars, yes. But i do own cheap trash unfortunately. Toyota Vios 2003. Actually is my partners.  I would buy  Camry if I had to.  Best value for money and taking all into conaideration, the Camry could be called the best model of vehicle ever done. If I need a super car to pull chicks I would buy a boogie. 

I tried to be open minded and checked Camry before buying a German again, it drives like a boat, it's totally ridiculous and cannot even compare with any Benz driving train. Let alone the Camry Engine that is as powerful as a Thai buffalo...

Good lucky fixing your Vios, there is not even 1 car aircon shop in Pattaya that has an electronic sniffer (500 baht on Lazada) to find if you have a leakage. They are all working as good as they construction brothers: they know nothing and are happy with it, so do not expect a lot from them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thailandbeachisland said:

Jap trash can be fixed for cheap by any Somchai, if you have any car that deserves it's name (German or Italian mainly), send a PM and I tell you where to go.

I never touch Nazi since they endorsed???? Hitter. Sushi any chance ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thailandbeachisland said:

Hopefully the OP has a Japanese car. Mercedes and BMW persist in fitting the French-designed Valeo systems which are manufactured in the Czech Republic.  They are troublesome. Some models (e.g. MB A-Class) are fitted with the much better Japanese Denso systems. If you want good reliable automotive aircon the Japanese have everyone beat.

The heyday of Italian cars was decades ago. Brands such as Fiat, Alfa, Lancia and Maserati now belong to Stellantis - the less said about their recent efforts, the better!

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2023 at 3:47 PM, Cake Monster said:

There is ab excellent Car AC Service Center on the main Sukhumvit Road about 100 Meters back from the Na Klua Lights heading toward Sriracha ( North bound )

Seri Air, next door north of the Esso station in Naklua, look for the Denso sign is excellent, fixed many problem other cowboy garages causes for me 

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't you have a B-Quick in Pattaya?  More expensive than a Mom & Pop repair garage, but extensive hours that are convenient.

They just changed the AC gas and condenser oil on a 15 year old vehicle (we're the 3rd owners, none of which lived in Bangkok).

Never heard of changing the gas if you don't have a leaky seal or doing anything more than "topping off" the AC condenser oil, if needed but the AC is blowing ice cold now, so I'm happy. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419

On 8/6/2023 at 9:05 AM, digbeth said:

Seri Air, next door north of the Esso station in Naklua, look for the Denso sign is excellent, fixed many problem other cowboy garages causes for me 

Ok ladies.  Went to seri as second attempt.  They quoted 11000 baht to replace compressor. 

Didnt want to investigate clutch problem.  But i persisted and went to the dark side. Third time  charm.  A place hikool on google maps.  Go all the way down soi kao noi and turn off. 

So this chap in hidden away area seemed to be the real deal.  He showed me that centre nut on compressor was not spinning when clutch engaged and he said can repair clutch 2500. Im going back in couple days to get the job done. 

Ill ley yous all know soon. 

It seems all on sukhumvit hunt for the dollar.  

• Thumbs Up 1

All fixed.  New cluch parts installed. Pretty much rusted bits in clutch.  I was able to stay and watch through the whole process.  Can tell that this guy has pulled engine parts apart and is real fair  mechanic. I bought along UV die to input to make future leaks easy to spot. I recommend all car owners to buy set of ac gauges and learn the basics of car ac to save lots of money.  Its not hard,  just takes confidence and ability to reason through youtube videos.