What Car You Driving?

What do you drive?  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want to purchase a small city car to drive around Pattaya only. But it has not made any economic sense to me yet. I use Bolt for everything in Pattaya and my bolt expenses per month have never exceeded 6K BHT. I think I'm at the critical junction. If I consistently exceed 6K BHT/month for 6 consecutive months, I will buy a used one. 

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

2022 Toyota Corolla 1.8;Hybrid GR Sport 60th Anniversary Edition superb drive and super economical had it ceramic coated well worth the money 

IMG_3829.jpeg

IMG_4272.jpeg

IMG_4280.jpeg

How did you get it black inside? I thought it's all that ugly red/brown when white outside?

TOYOTA COROLLA CROSS ครอสส์โอเวอร์ เอสยูวี ภายใต้ชื่อที่คุ้นเคย

Edited by tomazbodner

15 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Who cares? Cars are simple appliances with a simple job to do getting you from point A to point B. Kind of like a toaster for your bread.

Somebody should start a thread about what toaster do you use. 

Many do !!! 555

The car you drive seems to show your status!!!

:smile:

5 minutes ago, ravip said:

Many do !!! 555

Shows the size of your monthly payment. That's all. ????  If it is an interesting car maybe an insight into one's personality. 

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, ravip said:

Many do !!! 555

Must put me in very poor, thrifty, practical, family ca/scooter status.  I bought practical vehicles to take me from point A to B.  Some putting a smile on my face, that 750cc for instance, but far from status. 

Unless pulling away from those POS status Harleys at the traffic light, or passing by all those broken down Harleys, Triumphs or Nortons.

Teens & early 20s, van, station wagon, pick up, far from status symbols.  Only 1 new pick up (for work) in 27 yrs of vehicles in USA.

All new here/TH, a couple 125cc scooters, a couple Vios, Mazda 2 & 2 MG ZSs ... again, far from status symbols.

Just a boring family man ... with NO monthly payments.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ravip said:
8 hours ago, gargamon said:

Who cares? Cars are simple appliances with a simple job to do getting you from point A to point B. Kind of like a toaster for your bread.

Somebody should start a thread about what toaster do you use. 

Many do !!! 555

A black Morphy Richards 6-slice Automatic pop-up with rapid defrost option (red plates)

It originally was a 4-slice import but I know a chap down Rayong way who's a beast with a torch and Bondo.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

A black Morphy Richards 6-slice Automatic pop-up with rapid defrost option (red plates)

It originally was a 4-slice import but I know a chap down Rayong way who's a beast with a torch and Bondo.

Morphy Richards? 

Toasters? 

Never came across such a brand of cars, nor a car in which you can toast bread.

???? 

On 8/8/2023 at 9:03 PM, In the jungle said:

What's the thing on the left.  It looks American.

2020 Mustang

On 8/8/2023 at 10:23 PM, ujayujay said:

The question wasn't which car you would buy if you had the money????

Sorry mate some of have money. Sorry you obviously don’t

IMG_3597.jpeg

IMG_3419.jpeg

IMG_3416.jpeg

IMG_3011.jpeg

On 8/9/2023 at 12:20 AM, NanLaew said:

Looks like most who voted are (still) tuna fanboys.

It must be discouraging to be forced to drive what she likes. Soul destroying even but then again, it is hers isn't it?

Completely incorrect I have always bought Toyotas. First a 4x4 3lt pickup. Then a Tuna and now the latest Tuna TRD. I picked what I wanted the G/L never got a look in. And by the way ALL in my name.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Here, my daily is a CRV gen 2, last of the series, it came out with the 2.4 K24 that later went into the gen 3. BMW E36 M3 which is a restoration project, 80% complete. Did have an evo 9 prior to the Beemer, which I regret selling now. 

In OZ, an arena red Porsche 911 993 manual, the only car I've ever owned that has increased in value. Last of the air cooled and an classic drivers car. Has full service history and in (near) mint condition.

Porsche Boxster S 986, bought it with low km's but it had a horrendous bodykit, which I removed and put back to stock. Spent way more than I should've, another car that I'll likely never get my money back if I ever sold it.

Porsche Macan GTS, which is my daily when I return. 

AMG E63, wasn't looking for another car but this was in mint condition and I couldn't resist. The V8 M156 sounds amazing. Buying it was a bit of a gamble that didn't quite pay off, having to get a top end rebuild which was very, very expensive. But it's all sorted now and lovely to drive. 

VW Amarok. Bought this new back in 2014. It's set up as an overland vehicle, long range tank, 3" lift, roof top tent ect. Super reliable go anywhere vehicle that is quite nice to drive on the highway, apart from the muddies making it pretty noisy.

Did have a 911 GT3 RS (991) in 'midlife crisis purple' for a few years, mostly tracked it, hopeless on the road, as they say: better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. 

Bring on the haters.....

IMG_6540.JPG.01a37af6eb7b4bb1169d42f8b553df87.JPG

Edited by deadman
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1