Bank statements needed at CW for KBank accounts used only for Immigration retirement extensions?

For years I used dedicated account for the 800k extension based on retirement at CW.

All immigration required was photocopies of my bank book pages.

Last year they told me that due to some months of zero entries they require bank statements.

I asked to see supervisor. 

She accepted the application after some polite chit chat.

Then was asked to write on my paper work that next year I would provide bank Statements. 

Edit: the above is regarding savings account.

I actually have a FD (600k) and a savings account (200k+)

They did not require bank Statements for the FD account.

BTW: This was the first time ever that they wanted my TM47 receipt.

They make up rubbish as they go along

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 2

I'm planning on using a Fixed Deposit account for the 1st time next week so will report back on whether I needed a statement (hopefully not as it takes Bangkok Bank 1 week to produce a 12 month statement).

NB. although I do keep the 800K in the Bank (have also maintained > 800K in my "Savings" account incase I have a problem with the FD account) I will be using an Agent to do all the paperwork/running around.

So for any "None Lazy Farangs who are not helping to propagate the corrupt Visa System" out there YMMV.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Renewal of marriage visa: Photocopy of bank book & bank statement. 
I can’t imagine it would be different for a retirement visa. 
Depending on the officer who processes your application, they MIGHT ALSO want to see small INCOMING transfers (100 Baht) during the 2-month period… to show that there are no OUTGOING transfers. 
ALSO, request the bank to print the statement in colour ink/laser to show it’s original and not stamped & signed photocopy. 
No arguments, please. I’m just sharing from experience. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Photocopy of bank book & bank statement. 

Was that a Bank Statement (if so was it 3 months, 6 months or 1 year) or the normal letter from the Bank confirming the amount you have that day? 

Also when was this? only the rules seem to have changed in the past 4-5 months 

Edited by Mike Teavee

37 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Retirement extension, if using money in the bank, is different to marriage extension, because with the retirement extension the 800k you can only use 400k and the rest (400k) needs to be in the account for the whole year and near extension date (don’t know the exact amount of time) you need to top it backup to 800.000 again 

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Was that a Bank Statement (if so was it 3 months, 6 months or 1 year) or the normal letter from the Bank confirming the amount you have that day? 

He would be referring to "bank letter" 

As posted earlier I use two accounts an FD and a savings.

My most recent extension was Nov last year.

I provided photocopies of the pages of both accounts

Immigration clerk had issue with my savings account. 

Then spoke with supervisor.

She explained that my savings account and some months had zero transactions.

I use dedicated accounts for immigration.

The point is to your earlier question they were not interested in my FD account so thinking all you require is photocopies of pages of FD account.

And yes this is New. 

Previously I just provided copies of bank book pages and many months had no entries. 

For those using savings account the Bank Statement would be 12 months.

Yesterday Kasikorn told me they can do it on the day 200baht

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

For the last few years since Hapkarn's changes I have handed over a bank statement. It has never been handed back. I just feel for Bt200 and SCB not having a branch at CW, just get it at the same time s the letter and hand it over. Yes, it would be interesting to withhold it and see if it was demanded, but why blot your copy book.

1 hour ago, CecilM said:

Depending on the officer who processes your application, they MIGHT ALSO want to see small INCOMING transfers (100 Baht) during the 2-month period… to show that there are no OUTGOING transfers. 
ALSO, request the bank to print the statement in colour ink/laser to show it’s original and not stamped & signed photocopy. 
No arguments, please. I’m just sharing from experience. 

Your experience could be of value, but only if you reveal which rogue office you are using that is enforcing unreasonable conditions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CecilM said:

They assume every third party is prepared to go along with their requests.

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Also when was this? only the rules seem to have changed in the past 4-5 months 

That’s how it has been for me for the past couple of years. (Last, Dec’22.)

Bank statement AND confirm account balance for each for the 2 required months. 
So three sets of documents: photocopies, bank statement confirming amount, and bank statements for each month. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

(don’t know the exact amount of time) you need to top it backup to 800.000 again 

For retirement it's 800k two months prior to application and three months after and not below 400k for other months

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

Retirement extension, if using money in the bank, is different to marriage extension, because with the retirement extension the 800k you can only use 400k and the rest (400k) needs to be in the account for the whole year and near extension date (don’t know the exact amount of time) you need to top it backup to 800.000 again 

Yes, the amounts are different; I am assuming the procedures confirming the amounts are similar though. 

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Your experience could be of value, but only if you reveal which rogue office you are using that is enforcing unreasonable conditions.

Sorry, should have mentioned that it’s Chaengwattana. 

33 minutes ago, mokwit said:

They assume every third party is prepared to go along with their requests.

The colour print from the bank was a challenge, but a few nicely phrased requests and explanations why and the bank officer gave me a colour print. 

10 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Yes, the amounts are different; I am assuming the procedures confirming the amounts are similar though. 

WhatIKnow is that for my marriage extension I just had to give immigration a  bank letter confirming the 400k and give them the Bank book. For retirement I had to give IO a bank letter and a bank statement going back 6 months

Both times (marriage and retirement) the money was in a FD account and I also added money to it on the day I went to the bank and to IO to show the updated balance in the bank letter. 

Edited by MJCM

4 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Historically they have been very sensible but it seems old counter staff were replaced with new ones.

That is exactly my impression at my last extension CW.

Previously mature women who I had over the years found helpful and confident.

The last extension I had young chick. 

Zero English and seemed like an apprentice. 

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Previously mature women who I had over the years found helpful and confident.

I couldn't/can't fault the CW counter staff. They were pleasant/businesslike and efficient. They were not looking for any reason to reject and I was NEVER EVER asked for any "tip". In fairness the same applies to the new younger staff member I had last time.

I am less fond of the people making the new rules and policies.

Edited by mokwit
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, MJCM said:

WhatIKnow is that for my marriage extension I just had to give immigration a  bank letter confirming the 400k and give them the Bank book. For retirement I had to give IO a bank letter and a bank statement going back 6 months

Both times (marriage and retirement) the money was in a FD account and I also added money to it on the day I went to the bank and to IO to show the updated balance in the bank letter. 

That’s what I did (for my first renewal some years ago) but was told “it’s not correct way to do it”. Since then I’ve always deposited 100 Baht bi-weekly. 
Go with the flow, is what I like to say. If that’s what they want, I’m not going to argue. 

25 minutes ago, CecilM said:

That’s what I did (for my first renewal some years ago) but was told “it’s not correct way to do it”. Since then I’ve always deposited 100 Baht bi-weekly. 
Go with the flow, is what I like to say. If that’s what they want, I’m not going to argue. 

Good idea, I am at the moment depositing 2000 THB every month ( less is not allowed because it’s a FD) for the whole year. And because it is a FD it will mature next year every month thus will show updates the whole year through every month. 1 side effect is that the bank book will fill up quickly 

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

Good idea, I am at the moment depositing 2000 THB every month ( less is not allowed because it’s a FD) for the whole year. And because it is a FD it will mature next year every month thus will show updates the whole year through every month. 1 side effect is that the bank book will fill up quickly 

I deposit 400k at 4 months before my due date. (Never know when I’ll go to renew. A month before. A week before.) And then bi-weekly 100 Baht. Luckily, for now, new bank books are still free. ????

After a few years, one has a system what to prepare and bring.  Then, actually, it’s all smooth and easy. 

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

And yes this is New. 

Previously I just provided copies of bank book pages and many months had no entries. 

For those using savings account the Bank Statement would be 12 months.

Not just a new requirement at CW but also one at my local office (Rayong) as I found out a few weeks ago:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1301303-new-rayong-immigration-requirement-for-retirement-extensions-based-on-800k-in-the-bank/

Makes me seriously wonder whether those offices who haven't hitherto insisted on 12-month bank statements in the case of retirement extension applications based on 800k in the bank have now been ordered by Immigration Bureau top brass to fall into line with those who do?

Edited by OJAS

8 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

(hopefully not as it takes Bangkok Bank 1 week to produce a 12 month statement).

Bangkok Bank says they can produce statements on site but only for six months. If so, perhaps order eight months of statements in April for, say, August extensions this month. And then go in the day before you go get your extension and get a statement covering the period since April. Possible?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I'm planning on using a Fixed Deposit account for the 1st time next week so will report back on whether I needed a statement (hopefully not as it takes Bangkok Bank 1 week to produce a 12 month statement).

NB. although I do keep the 800K in the Bank (have also maintained > 800K in my "Savings" account incase I have a problem with the FD account) I will be using an Agent to do all the paperwork/running around.

So for any "None Lazy Farangs who are not helping to propagate the corrupt Visa System" out there YMMV.

Curious if IO will accept the 12 month statement available to download to account owner email 

password protected… … or will their heads spin… 

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

Curious if IO will accept the 12 month statement available to download to account owner email 

password protected… … or will their heads spin… 

I doubt it would be accepted. Forging these kinds of emailed statements is too easy with no bank stamp on the paper to scrutinise.

• Like 1