EV and parkings

9 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

You accuse EV owners of “claiming righteousness” but I have never heard diesel drivers like yourself acknowledge the harm that they causing by their own emissions. Thailand has a real problem with poor air quality.

not all EV owners but most
the difference with myself is i am not a greeny and DGAF about what my car produces
i don't pretend to be fixing a problem.
pollution and envorimental damage is a lot worse from monocrop farming etc.
which is where the pollution is from in that video, you can view it in realtime every year.????‍♂️
plants breath Co2, Co2 is not the problem.
3KW sets are being sold, if nobody used them the inverters would not be sold here????‍♂️
and obviously i was saying the 3KW part tongue in cheek aimed at virtue signallers
if you took that comment personally i cannot help that????‍♂️
i already know you got panels going all around your house

Edited by patman30

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Just some friendly advise, as you seem to forget all the previous replies to the same questions you continue to ask, or thoughts you state, over & over again.

Could be an 'anti EV & CH' syndrome ... maybe theirs a vaccine for it ????

Perhaps you could stop hiding behind daft comments and answer the questions put forward...:whistling:

You post "MG", over and over again, so you can forget that jibe....????

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps you could stop hiding behind daft comments and answer the questions put forward...:whistling:

You post "MG", over and over again, so you can forget that jibe....????

Every query has been answered over & over.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

No I don't, you keep stooping to snide remarks because you and MG are in a corner for answers.......????

Please ask a different questing than ...

... how soon to replace battery?

... A - 500-900 kms before they go below 70% capacity, for LFP, and that's actually a negative # (70%).   Batteries don't need to be replace, just the bad module (make/model specific)

... How much more do they cost than ICEVs?

... A - they don't.  Same price or cheaper as JP imports of ICEVs, even entry level 'Made in TH' cars, though you do get what you pay for.

... How much more fire prone are they to ICEVs?

... A - less prone (reports of ICEVs being 60X likely)

... Are they cheaper to operate & maintain?

... A - yes, 91 petrol now 38.79/L (PKK) PEA 4.25/kwh

... Do they pollute as much when driven?

... A - No

For Thailand ...

... Does TH have an excellent CS network?

... A =Hell Yea, to avoid Q on weekends, simply reserve

... Installing Solar is inexpensive, relative to UK, EU, US

... electric PEA/MEA is inexpensive, relative to UK, EU, US

... resale of 2nd is unknown in TH

Anything else is an opinion.

Are EVs for everyone .... NO

Edited by KhunLA
  • Love It 2

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Please ask a different questing than ...

... how soon to replace battery?

... A - 500-900 kms before they go below 70% capacity, for LFP, and that's actually a negative # (70%).   Batteries don't need to be replace, just the bad module (make/model specific)

... How much more do they cost than ICEVs?

... A - they don't.  Same price or cheaper as JP imports of ICEVs, even entry level 'Made in TH' cars, though you do get what you pay for.

... How much more fire prone are they to ICEVs?

... A - less prone (reports of ICEVs being 60X likely)

... Are they cheaper to operate & maintain?

... A - yes, 91 petrol now 38.79/L (PKK) PEA 4.25/kwh

... Do they pollute as much when driven?

... A - No

For Thailand ...

... Does TH have an excellent CS network?

... A =Hell Yea, to avoid Q on weekends, simply reserve

... Installing Solar is inexpensive, relative to UK, EU, US

... electric PEA/MEA is inexpensive, relative to UK, EU, US

... resale of 2nd is unknown in TH

Anything else is an opinion.

Are EVs for everyone .... NO

Serious question regarding battery degradation, which will be a big factor of the resell value of used EVs.

Is there any way of testing battery quality?

I guess the car will still show 0-100% charging values, there will just be less kWh in those 100%.

A test drive, starting on a full battery is of course one option, but very time consuming and the outcome depends a lot on driving conditions, wet, cold, heavy foot, etc.

Any other options?

27 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Serious question regarding battery degradation, which will be a big factor of the resell value of used EVs.

Is there any way of testing battery quality?

I guess the car will still show 0-100% charging values, there will just be less kWh in those 100%.

A test drive, starting on a full battery is of course one option, but very time consuming and the outcome depends a lot on driving conditions, wet, cold, heavy foot, etc.

Any other options?

You can check degradation through the OBD port, but you need a scanner.

Current thinking is that 85% SoH (State of Health) at about 500,000 kms, there's a post on here somewhere about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

All that is just lab results or at best driving test under ideal condition. On top of that, you have to take a China-man's word for it.

That is not much help if you are standing in a car lot looking at a 5 years old EV with and unknown driving and charging history.  The battery could be totally toast or it could be in near 85% mint condition. 

How to verify either way?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

All that is just lab results or at best driving test under ideal condition. On top of that, you have to take a China-man's word for it.

That is not much help if you are standing in a car lot looking at a 5 years old EV with and unknown driving and charging history.  The battery could be totally toast or it could be in near 85% mint condition. 

i'm pretty sure there are several ways to check the real SoH of the ev car battery .

one of these ways is by using a tool called the "Aviloo" test kit, which is commonly used in europe.

https://aviloo.com/home-en.html

The TÜV-certified AVILOO PREMIUM battery test provides you with information about the state of health of the drive battery of your electric or plug-in hybrid car. The state of health shows you which extractable energy (expressed in the so-called State of Health or SoH) you can still use for driving at the time of the test, in relation to the new state of the battery according to the manufacturer.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

i'm pretty sure there are several ways to check the real SoH of the ev car battery .

one of these ways is by using a tool called the "Aviloo" test kit, which is commonly used in europe.

https://aviloo.com/home-en.html

The TÜV-certified AVILOO PREMIUM battery test provides you with information about the state of health of the drive battery of your electric or plug-in hybrid car. The state of health shows you which extractable energy (expressed in the so-called State of Health or SoH) you can still use for driving at the time of the test, in relation to the new state of the battery according to the manufacturer.

Interesting....

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Answer was given, and a few devices are available for that info.

I was just posting the 'graph' that JB mentioned.  Although TBH, don't know why I bothered, as you don't believe anything anyone posts, and will never buy an EV anyway.

You could be standing in the lot, with EV next to you, being scanned, info provided, and you'd think of some silly reason to doubt the info right in front of you.

Have a nice day

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Answer was given, and a few devices are available for that info.

I was just posting the 'graph' that JB mentioned.  Although TBH, don't know why I bothered, as you don't believe anything anyone posts, and will never buy an EV anyway.

You could be standing in the lot, with EV next to you, being scanned, info provided, and you'd think of some silly reason to doubt the info right in front of you.

Have a nice day

You are a bit judgmental this evening.

Maybe this MG review will cheer you up:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

You are a bit judgmental this evening.

Maybe this MG review will cheer you up:

I FF to 19 mins, in time to catch this little tidbit ...

"remember, this is a 'poor man's' EV" ... ????

Damn rich people, paying more than 1M for 4 wheels ... rich basstards ????

Not sure if price is accurate or even available in TH yet:

image.png.9dc5f81e63320dbb724b709e8419bdfc.png

On 8/13/2023 at 8:43 AM, KhunLA said:

I FF to 19 mins, in time to catch this little tidbit ...

"remember, this is a 'poor man's' EV" ... ????

Damn rich people, paying more than 1M for 4 wheels ... rich basstards ????

Not sure if price is accurate or even available in TH yet:

image.png.9dc5f81e63320dbb724b709e8419bdfc.png

Was it a poor man's EV that caused this at a school in Thailand, what are your thoughts on the occurrence..........?

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/massive-electric-car-battery-explosion-160000135.html

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Catchy headline, but a 72v battery (I think) would be used in a golf cart type thing, or a MB.  My scooter has a 72v battery, and wouldn't power much more than a golf cart, which wouldn't go far with much of a load.

Not much info beyond the headline, and 'injured' may be a stretch.

Other 'echo box' news-blip ... "All 12 individuals are safe and taken to the Sri Rayong Hospital for check-ups"

Here's a better story for your spin.  Sh!t happens, get over it:

https://tpnnational.com/2020/10/02/two-school-buses-and-a-school-building-burst-into-flames-after-electric-bus-battery-explosion-at-international-school-in-bangkok/

Just as I thought, another EV-er dismissal comment, well done............:clap2: 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Just as I thought, another EV-er dismissal comment, well done............:clap2: 

Didn't dismiss anything, just stated what wasn't stated.  Not denying EV's batteries have oops, that's a proven fact.

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Catchy headline, but a 72v battery (I think) would be used in a golf cart type thing, or a MB.  My scooter has a 72v battery, and wouldn't power much more than a golf cart, which wouldn't go far with much of a load.

Not much info beyond the headline, and 'injured' may be a stretch.

Other 'echo box' news-blip ... "All 12 individuals are safe and taken to the Sri Rayong Hospital for check-ups"

Along with ... "The university said an investigative committee was formed to determine the cause of the fire."

5 days later, and still no cause reported, and if not the EV's battery as the cause, will that fact make the news ... doubtful.

Here's a better story for your spin.  Sh!t happens, get over it:

https://tpnnational.com/2020/10/02/two-school-buses-and-a-school-building-burst-into-flames-after-electric-bus-battery-explosion-at-international-school-in-bangkok/

The interesting part is that it was a LFP battery and not the older and more flammable NMC.

I assume your MG also have a LFP battery,  which is the safest of the two types.

9 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The interesting part is that it was a LFP battery and not the older and more flammable NMC.

I assume your MG also have a LFP battery,  which is the safest of the two types.

What it states, and what it is, may be 2 different things, if you read the replies.

If it is the suspected (frame looks like) Make/Model vehicle posted, highly unlikely it was a lithium, let alone LFP battery.

16 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Citroen AMI
The Citroën My Ami Buggy has a base price of €9,790 or around $10,300 with the current exchange rates. It's powered by an electric motor making 8 horsepower (6 kilowatts), drawing power from a 5.5-kilowatt-hour battery pack. It has a range of up to 43.5 miles (70 kilometers).
Jun 24, 2565 BE

https://www.citroen.co.uk/ami

I saw a good YT review of that.  ????

I'm hoping the Baojun E300 makes it to TH, and reasonably priced.  Looks too cool not to buy.  Another SAIC-GM-Wuling product.

image.png.d14503cf9f8a6793fe0b4b2e2d916bd8.png

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/14/2023 at 4:08 PM, Confuscious said:

If everything goes as planned, I will move by the end of this year to Spain.
I will buy an EV in Spain for my urban travels to the supermarket, hospital, etc.
I have already made my choice and it's very affordable for everybody.
On top of that, I will receive incentives from the Government when I purchase an EV and I don't need a DL for this.

Citroen AMI
The Citroën My Ami Buggy has a base price of €9,790 or around $10,300 with the current exchange rates. It's powered by an electric motor making 8 horsepower (6 kilowatts), drawing power from a 5.5-kilowatt-hour battery pack. It has a range of up to 43.5 miles (70 kilometers).

"Ami is certified as a quadricycle. It is limited to 28 mph and there are no plans to increase its top speed" - https://www.citroen.co.uk/ami

28 mph! No wonder they also say "Ami is designed for an inner-city environment. Fast roads are not made for Ami! We would recommend sticking to 20 and 30 mph roads where Ami is ideal".