Nominate your top 4 posters

bignok

13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, that's your opinion and the forum is not here for the sole purpose of being, in your opinion, "positive", it's for discussion and I think you probably mean "sniping", not "snipping"!

There you go again.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, transam said:

In that case, there is nobody top of anything................????

A more accurate poll for posters of the year would have categories;

Most inane drivel

Most valuable

Most entertaining

Most argumentative

Most friendly

etc.

12 hours ago, bignok said:

Who's in your top 4?

It seems like no-one wants to be seen being positive on the forum; COVID-19 is over, guys, it's OK to be positive.
Gammaglobulin; Britmantoo; Neeranam; anyone that posts on the Cycling forum.
It's OK to be different, or controversial, but in an ideal world, everyone would seem like a real person.  

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

Is Colinniel actually deceased? never saw any mention of it. Sent him some books last year but they were never picked up, he sounded a bit depressed at the time.

Your comment is a bit depressing...at least to me.

When I die, heaven forbid, (or if I were to be banned, even worse!), there'll be....

one child born on this forum to carry on.

To carry on...Yeah, Yeah.

Yee Haw!

To carry on!

28 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Your comment is a bit depressing...at least to me.

When I die, heaven forbid, (or if I were to be banned, even worse!), there'll be....

one child born on this forum to carry on.

To carry on...Yeah, Yeah.

Yee Haw!

To carry on!

So long as he lives on in our memories.
There are many of our close friends who have left us, through departure or moving elsewhere.

Maybe it does no harm to turn over their memories amongst us, to remind us all of the joy that they brought to the forum; or maybe it reminds people of the loss that we have suffered.

Well, whatever.

6 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

So long as he lives on in our memories.
There are many of our close friends who have left us, through departure or moving elsewhere.

Maybe it does no harm to turn over their memories amongst us, to remind us all of the joy that they brought to the forum; or maybe it reminds people of the loss that we have suffered.

Well, whatever.

Still, it seems odd when people disappear without a trace.

In the real world, though not often enough in the virtual world, we at least have headstones and monuments, and wakes; and very often we have feasting, too...seems more civilized, in a way...

12 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

In the real world, though not often enough in the virtual world, we at least have headstones and monuments, and wakes; and very often we have feasting, too...seems more civilized, in a way...

If you know where to go to for the headstones.
There's few amongst us notice the passing of our acquaintances by spotting their headstone.  Normally it's more a case of 
"Have ye seen Billy about recently?"
"Not since he fell in the last war"
"Well, there's the fiver I owe him; d'ye want a drink?"

• Love It 1

23 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

American Indians don't apparently. They just wander off and expire quietly and let the criturs and elements turn the bits they don't need any more to dust while the spirit moves on.

That's the way I would like to shuffle off this mortal coil but chances are some nosey buggar will stumble across my decaying remains in a pineapple plantation in Huayyai and loads of idiots on here will speculate on another gangland topping or an angry Thai wife insurance killing.*

So, it's back to the balcony then... and quickly too before the OP comes back.

* She's not angry, honest.

Edited by NanLaew

46 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

American Indians don't apparently. They just wander off and expire quietly and let the criturs and elements turn the bits they don't need any more to dust while the spirit moves on.

That's the way I would like to shuffle off this mortal coil but chances are some nosey buggar will stumble across my decaying remains in a pineapple plantation in Huayyai and loads of idiots on here will speculate on another gangland topping or an angry Thai wife insurance killing.*

So, it's back to the balcony then... and quickly too before the OP comes back.

* She's not angry, honest.

And what about the Inuit who float their toothless grandmothers out to sea on a slab of ice?

That's certainly more civilized, in a way...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Don't blanket all people haters or trolls it's a really weak thing to do, usually someone you don't agree with

ok , so you don't hate the guy.

just his signature bothers you.

so you're not a hater,

i won't put labels on you ever again.

10 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

ok , so you don't hate the guy.

just his signature bothers you.

so you're not a hater,

i won't put labels on you ever again.

hopefully you understand the point about people who blanket use "Troll" and "Haters"

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

I would have to say

1.   somebody -    because he's always giving me likes

2.   somebody -    he's always giving me a notification,   even in the rain, hail or shine.

3.   somebody  -    he's never once asked me for any favors

4.   somebody  -    he's just a likeable guy imo

He / she / or not sure is certainly busy, that entity also gives me the same, plus I've heard from other a similar story. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Artisi said:

He / she / or not sure is certainly busy, that entity also gives me the same, plus I've heard from other a similar story. 

And should add: never abusive, critical,  doesn't point out grammar faults or spelling mistakes and is there 24/7 for you. 

17 hours ago, transam said:

Yinn, was an Australian bloke that many were "taken" by............????

It looks like you were "taken" the hardest.

I was just having a look at her/his posts and it looks like you liked to dish out regular unwanted advice to him/her.

A bit obsessed?

If he was a fake you were certainly taken in hook, line and sinker.????????, Are you not embarrassed?

If she wasnt, no wonder she doesnt post anymore. Are you not ashamed?

Personally I dont beleieve she is fake as she proved herself to be real a couple of times and some other members have met her.

image.thumb.png.c47c0dfbecff36e80f8c903505a5956a.png 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, proton said:

Is Colinniel actually deceased? never saw any mention of it. Sent him some books last year but they were never picked up, he sounded a bit depressed at the time.

I heard he had died. But i am not 100% sure if it were true or not?

Which probably explains why he didnt pick up the books?

But someone else says he posts in Khon Kaen now?

Weird he doesnt post here anymore?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bbko said:

A more accurate poll for posters of the year would have categories;

Most inane drivel

Most valuable

Most entertaining

Most argumentative

Most friendly

etc.

Gamma

Sheryl

Bogs/Bob

Just weird/Liverpool Lou

Yinn

It does seem most of the best posters are not participating anymore. 

And we are just left with a lot of low intelligent bitching amongst ourselves and not helping each other like we should.

1 hour ago, Goat said:

It looks like you were "taken" the hardest.

I was just having a look at her/his posts and it looks like you liked to dish out regular unwanted advice to him/her.

A bit obsessed?

If he was a fake you were certainly taken in hook, line and sinker.????????, Are you not embarrassed?

If she wasnt, no wonder she doesnt post anymore. Are you not ashamed?

Personally I dont beleieve she is fake as she proved herself to be real a couple of times and some other members have met her.

image.thumb.png.c47c0dfbecff36e80f8c903505a5956a.png 

Very funny, it seems you cannot read what was really going on at the time, oh but wait, you are a new member here, yet you know so much, so please tell me your banned username, be fair, I need to recall your stuff....:whistling:....????

PS. I actually know the Aussy Yinn blokes username too, but not for your ears, oh, nosey one.....????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1